Forsaken population

I’ll be interested in seeing how they clean up the most powerful Blight that has ever existed, which the Forsaken themselves couldn’t remove.
:smirk:

A bit of light, a bit of druidism. And a big chunk of a good ol’ retcon Blizzard gives us on a yearly basis.

I would whole heartedly agree with you, but I’d bet a hundo that Blizzard doesn’t even remember, if the current team ever knew at all.

1 Like

I’m glad we finally agree on something without memery.

I want to go back to this part because its more interesting than counting symbols : )

I think our backgrounds are kept undefined so people can comfortably RP multiple backgrounds. I don’t think the lore straight up saying that a human PC is from Stormwind will break any lore barriers if they want to rp they were from Lordaeron.

There are probably thousands of ways to comfortably rp it. Canon on the other hand is vague, but than again I don’t play human.

Even with human dks being straight up told they are from Stormwind doesn’t break barriers on the rp train.

I feel like the Forsaken are more tied to Lordaeron’s history considering that the connection is made at every turn ie wow literature and and in-game references. Like we are literally basking in references and connections; our cup runneth over.

3 Likes

And yet north Kalimdor should be held by one alliance race alone. North EK is basically horde territory so i don’t see how it would be a problem while the alliance have all of the middle EK. With Lordaeron people and Quel’thalas being horde, along with some forest troll not playable, the horde do have claim on nearly all north EK.

On the other hand i have absolutely no problem with worgen having some zone including Gilneas because they do own it and the horde have nothing to do with it. But the normal human? They have way more than enough to start claiming others land.

Maybe in a single-player game but stuff like this makes for a bad MMO. As many zones as possible should be contested, because it adds more content to both factions. And gameplay > lore is a thing for a reason.

Here comes the Argent thorn in the side.

We have established that only Stormwind humans are playable. So if Stromgarde is rebuild, Southshore filled with Lordaeron survivors, Gilneas resettled and for all I care Ambermill staffed full of Kirin Tor members who feel more loyal to the Alliance, it has nothing to do with playable humans.
:wink:

1 Like

Horde posters were going “Oh yeah well where are the Alliance’s Lordaeron symbols” and so we pointed them out, and now you’re going “so you have some Lordaeron symbols, big whoop”

4 Likes

If you enter a battleground with control points like Eye of the Storm and go to a control point, you’ll notice a control meter and one of the symbols on them is the seal of Lordaeron. If a Forsaken player is on that control node, the control moves AWAY from the seal of Lordaeron and towards a different symbol.

3 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/zwhBRbO.gif

I was really trying to understand the conversation behind it.

I thought it was related to human player background discussion, but I think its just a sad attempt of connecting Stormwind humans player with the Kingdom of Lordaeron.

I like easily identifiable connection. I don’t like squeezing out connections from Stormwind ie the connections made in BtS were clean cut and straight to the point. I didn’t have to perform mental gymnastics to say “wow cool there are some living humans that were actually citizens of Lordaeron” I personally think it was a really awesome storyline and made me a little sentimental.

Like^^ doesn’t sit right with me. What in the meta data are you talking about? Are we even still talking about the Kingdom of Lordaeron’s canon history?

1 Like

Quote it.
:slightly_smiling_face:
For the kids in the back, he’s lying.
Again.

2 Likes

Yup. Lordaeron symbol was bring up by alliance poster who couldn’t find any prove that the playable human was from Lordaeron so they just moved the goal somewhere else…

But this is coming from people who think that a few npc are more important than a horde playable race.

Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Accept that and move on.

1 Like

You are one to talk. You and Dread basically turned it into a pissing contest about who has the most L symbol and pointed to everything in Capital City as being Horde own when in fact even the Sylvanas book portrayed the Forsaken as being forced to reject their past/everything that tied them to Lordearon, even books about it.

Lordearon belongs to no one right now.

3 Likes

Go find any post where is said that. YOU GUYS are the one that keep bringing symbol up… Got to be hypocrite to critic other being for thing that YOU did.

And once again you only use part of the story that you want but ignore when Calia declare that it belong to the forsaken…

Its still belong to the forsaken no matter what. Deal with it.

Christie Golden is alliance biased. Her books do not count as canon.

I’m the one who started the symbol discussion and I never said anything about playable humans being from Lordaeron you absolute clown. I just stated Lordaeron L was, is and always will be an Alliance symbol.

2 Likes

I thought we establish this earlier in the thread, everyone her would be using Calia to push their own agenda. Heck, before we every knew about what Calia would do some Horde posters discounted what she said and considered her a coward/her opinion didn’t matter and now that it favors them it suddenly changed their attitude?

It doesn’t and now you have to deal with the fact the Forsaken do not have a capital just as much as the night elves. If the Fourth War has proven anything, it is that Forsaken holdings are in a precarious position due precisely to the fact it borders the Alliance Heartlands.

2 Likes

It’s a heraldry thing.
The Alliance was founded in Lordaeron.
Lordaeron was a member and fell.
The other Alliance members will “keep” the heraldry, and display it, as a sign of fidelity. Ostensibly it served as a buoy for the displaced people of the Ally.
In theory they rallied under the banner while in the Alliance, so they kept that up too.

In practice, it’s being used as a generic Human iconography. You’re likely to disappoint yourself if you assume they’re putting some deep foreshadowing into its presence.

Been over this before.
Anduin going off, breaking his oath to his living allies, for a dead kingdom, was not a great thing. It’s almost like that Gilnean next to him is giving him bad habits…

Lordaeron was Scourged and fell. Humanity in this game is more than Lordaeron, Lordaeron is one seventh of the political Human entities in Warcraft.
I have already said you can RP the backstory you want.
But, Blizzard did not make WoW just for Humans to be from Lordaeron, or to simply victor over the other side. The game has two factions, they didn’t make Horde just for Human Alliance to defeat them.

Then you need to reread my responses. They don’t say that.

What I want hasn’t really been a part of this. You don’t know what I want from the game.
If the only way for you to get what you want is a reconquest of Tirisfal, and turning it into its old kingdom, you’re incredibly unlikely to see that. That’s just a gameplay reality, they won’t split the Human player population that way. (Like, maybe if Stormwind is destroyed again and becomes Horde, is the level of extreme needed.)

What, the Alliance exists in a modern form, it was founded in Lordaeron. Lordaeron itself was Scourged, and fell, in WC3. That’s just the game story right now.
You’re really ending with hyperbole here.

One seventh.
You guys are making an argument that’s like saying real world global humanity is New York because the UN is there.
The heraldry is what I said earlier in this post.

Yeah, and then there’s this nuttiness:

“You could have been responsible for the deaths of hundreds of thousands. Do you understand that?”

Excerpt From: Christie Golden. “Before the Storm (World of Warcraft).”

There’s no solid footing, they’re going to swing the story where they want.

I really wish more people would see it that way.

That one was probably intended as a captured heraldry idea.

That’s what Calia says.

Seriously man, they did that awhile back, they just were lazy and didn’t put it in a written form until recently. It ever getting in game is a whole different thing.

IIRC, handwave, PALADINS.

Which is why they’re really likely to revert Teldrassil and UC. I don’t see them doing a world revamp to redo old zone content right now.

There was some good world building potential there, and they didn’t follow it through. :frowning:

6 Likes