Forsaken population

1 Like

It has high elves, but not in any numbers as to equate them being a country.
Citation: Legion’s Blizzcon, Ion’s interview with FatBossTV.

I mean, they were, yes.
Now they’re cursed creatures.
Do you believe that Night Elves are still Trolls?
That Dwarves are still golems?

2 Likes

You have to consider the history of why that is though. Most High Elves seperated from Quel’thalas in the Second War because they jumped through a portal in which they couldn’t return. They were unwaware that while they were away, the Convocation of Silvermoon pulled out of the Alliance and became isolationists, a choice that many in Quel’thalas did not agree with. And up until MoP, there was poisitioning for Quel’thalas to rejoin the Alliance. If Gilneas and Kul Tiras can return to the Alliance so can Quel’thalas and the Forsaken of Lordaeron. (Even though I don’t personally want this, I can’t deny it’s canon.)

It’s hard to tell how many blood elves would have supported the restablishment of the Quel’dorei kingdom rejoinging the Alliance because we never got to that point before the Purge of Dalaran happened. But we can assume it was most of the Blood Elves current leadership, if not all and a large chunk of Blood elves still loyal to Quel’thalas over loyalty to the Horde.

Half the blood elf population is enough to be considered it’s own country. (Even if the Quel’dorei numbers took a huge hit in the Third War.)

The distinction is closer to zandalari troll and darkspear.

Heck Elisande seem to treat the different branches as wayward cousins more then a diffirent species. Also:

Does Alleria still consider herself a high elf? Can one be both a high elf and a void elf?

Characters in Azeroth don’t think in terms of customization options or gameplay choices.

Alleria is a child of Quel’Thalas and a solider of the Alliance. She returned after 1000 years to find most of her surviving kin switched political affiliation. Didn’t change who she is.-Steve Danuser

Lor’themar was worried that the blood elves would choose the Horde over him if he called for a rebellion during BFA.

This faerie tale that blood elves aren’t Horde-Loyal is exactly that: A faerie tale.

4 Likes

Lorthemar is not commited to the Horde.

You are joking right?

While, the Purge of Dalaran did cement the blood elves in the Horde. The Blood elf loyality to the Horde isn’t woven into the tapestry of the Horde. Bloodelves (and Forsaken) are still outcasts. Lorthemar has a more personal reason now to stay since the Alliance excluded the Nightborne too, and his moonlily, or whatever, is in the Horde now.

If the Nightborne were Alliance he would change his tune real quick.

Someone has slept through MoP and every expansion thereafter.
To be clear, that someone isn’t me.

No.
The distinction is closer to MU Orcs and Mag’har.
Do you think the greenies are Mag’har?
Got bad news for you if so.

Lorthemar is anti-Jaina.

That doesn’t make him pro-Horde.

Lorthemar is loyal to Quel’thalas first. And that’s why we love him. But he won’t lift a finger to help the Horde or any of his allies, and that’s why we also hate him. It’s complicated.

By “we” I mean me.

Lor’themar is anti Alliance. Varian spells that out in MoP.
Lor’themar leads the Horde forces in MoP whilst Vol’jin is on his monk vacation.
Lor’themar states that if it comes to it, he will become Warchief.

2 Likes

Garrosh for example does not seem to make a distinction. He keeps saying a “true orc” which encompasses both any greenskin orc and himself a mag’har orc.

At best they seem to see it the way we consider skin color. We are all still the same race even if we all call ourselves different names/have different skin color.

Game wide population, versus raid population, versus competitive PvP, versus M+, etc… are all different things.

I started on launch day, as Alliance, I Faction Changed some characters in Cataclysm. I was far more aggressive as a player in Vanilla, BC, Wrath, and intended to continue progression raiding in Cata. The raid size change in BC was absolutely savage on guilds, then the bad balance choices across Wrath meant progression players were increasingly pushed to min/max. It went to 11 in Cata and, for me especially, reached a crescendo of being fed-up with what was the same stuff stuck together different.
A ton of us got bored with being on one side for so long, then we just blew up at the game in Cata. In Legion with M+, some friends and I thought we’d do that, but with the early balance work we just burned out again.

All of that is a long way to say. No, it’s not just story. Progression players as a group have very little care for story.

As a game, for fun, you are right, Alliance needs development. That is not something that can be done by tearing up another playable race. The entire game needs development beyond mindless repetition of past storylines.

Well, people need to drop their IRL lens good/bad view of Light/Dark. It isn’t how the story is being developed.
Pure Light and Shadow are also outside time, thus how we end up with Yrel back at some point.

The Locus-Walker kept her firmly afloat. “You have known the Shadow as nothing but horrors. The Shadow sees the Light in the same way. Neither viewpoint is true. Neither is wrong.”

5 Likes

Pfffft.

Empty promises from a man who is tired and hates the burdens of leadership. He’s big talk but when push comes to shove… he’s too busy with rebuilding Quel’thalas.

And… Quel’thalas still 15 years after the Third War isn’t rebuilt.

If that’s your horse and you wanna back him be my guest. But… I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basket.

Have you read In the Shadows of the Sun?

Everything in American culture and literature suggests this man is the perfect leader because he isn’t compromised – or worse – seduced by power.

1 Like

We are not talking about American politics.

We are talking about Azeroth politics. And while Lorthemar is a good politician and political leader, he also has flaws that poke giant holes in his ability to successfully lead. 1) being his inaction in any circumstance. 2) his loyality only to his own people’s cause which makes him seem uncommited or his unwillingness to take any political risks which can paint him as cowardly (He’s not cowardly at all, it’s just an example. Although he has been accused by other in game characters as lacking a spine so I think this criticism of his character is valid because it’s canon.)

1 Like

Sure we are. This is a game made by American game developers.

HE LITERALLY LED THE HORDE IN MOP

This’s headcanon. We’ve never seen Lor’themar ever worried about appearing cowardly.

2 Likes

He literally didn’t. Voljin lead the Horde via the Darkspear Rebellion in MoP after Theramore. Lorthemar lead The Sunreaver expedition to The Isle of Thunder, where he clashed with Jaina and The Silver Covenant over the events of the Purge of Dalaran. Lorthemar was angry because the Purge of Dalaran stopped all talks of the Blood Elves rejoining the Alliance. Jaina was wrongly targeting the Sunreavers despite Lorthemar’s out right refusal to support Garrosh’s bombing of Theramore.

Just because he’s not concetned about appearing cowardly doesn’t mean that he isn’t looked down upon or judged but other characters as being politically cowardly or lacking a spine. It’s literally canon that some of his allies in the Horde see him as being a poor ally.

It’s literally canon that some Blood elves see him as a poor leader and prefered Kael’thas even though Kael’thas was reckless.

And it’s good that we can see characters internal monologues in the books and stories because even Lorthemar doubts if Lorthemar is a good leader.

(We stan a self aware King in this house :rofl: we means me. I stan this beautiful trainwreck of a man)

In the last patch. Lor’themar led the Horde until then.

lmao
provide examples.

Whats the Point at the moment? You will continue to discuss in circle…

Eh I think Stormwind was good in classic. I replayed the human zones not that long ago and Defias/Duskwood story still holds strong (especially when you compare them to the aberration human zones are post Kosakclysm). The unmasking Onyxia questline which ends with you going to the throne room is still one of my favorite questlines in the game 17 years later.

Imo, the thing that really damaged the Alliance identity in classic were the Argents. Blizzard didn’t have enough time to properly flesh out the Plaguelands (and a lot of other level 40+ zones) so they made Argents be a thing for both factions. It would have been much better if we had some breakaway Scarlet faction as the Alliance representation there.

Of course Argents only got more cancerous for the Alliance narrative as time went on, especially in Cata, where we lost Southshore and Gilneas for LARPing Argent orc guards in human armor at Hearthglen. Oh well.

3 Likes