Forsaken population

Don’t force you to lie, you mean?

Our player characters are more then the intro. The intro is not the end all and be all of our characters nor is it of the lore(at best it is a guide). As it is right now, people RP/can reasonable assume the dwarf characters they play can be wildhammer. Similarly one can assume your human character came from Lordearon and now is forced to make Stormwind their second home.

Turaylon, a LORDEARON CITIZEN, is now the leader of Stormwind.

2 Likes

My efforts to ignore Dreadmoore’s tired, repetitive nonsense are hindered when you quote him.

2 Likes

I consider it verbal pvp. Heck, its not like we are going to see much faction conflict soon, so might as well fight him in the realm of ideas.

That’s like trying to fairly beat someone at chess who pulls a piece out of their pocket and places it back on the board every time you make a capture.

Even if you manage to checkmate them they’ll just insist that their king has a gun and beats all of your pieces

Sure they are. They’re also their class, their guild, etc, etc, etc.
But all human players are of Stormwind.

:smirk:
I could keep going, but I’d be here for hours.

1 Like

There are Lordearon survivors in Stormwind. They are as much “humans of Stormwind” as any other natural born citizen of Stormwind.

2 Likes

Great.
They aren’t player characters.

3 Likes

Blizzard lets you make your character using the fantasy you want. And considering that doesn’t break lore. Your character can be a Lordearon Survivor(or whatever nation) similarly a Forsaken player is free to envision their character as non-Lordearon native.

Blizzard sets the background for every player character that is made.

2 Likes

This is what they said of void elves and it applies here:

"According to a dev interview Ion gave several months ago, Blood Elves were originally unintended to have blue eyes in Shadowlands, but later on that decision was reversed following team discussions. If the art department was involved, what was the reasoning that led to blue eyes being added for Void Elves and Blood Elves?

This is another place where there was a race, High Elves, in the game which hadn’t really been represented on player characters. Blood Elves were the closest, but had felt green eyes. It was an opportunity where we had a number of elven races, and we could tie it back to their roots, letting players choose where they want to align and what fantasy to play out. We did have a lot of discussion about it, ultimately we might do more in the future, but for now we’re providing the option to have a few High Elf customizations available."

This is a fantasy game. Lore is a guide. Being it is canon to have Lordearon refugees in Stormwind, you are free to play one. We have high/blood elves learning void. If you want to play one on the Alliance you are now free to do so thanks to the new customization options(on a similar vein if you want to play a high elf rejoining Silvermoon you are free to do so). Similarly, Stormwind forsaken have been a thing since Cata and if you want to RP your character/imagine your character as one I doubt Blizzard will mind/they would probably be fine with it.

4 Likes

Player defined canon = no canon, and makes SF reduntantant.
2 cents

1 Like

Don’t waist your time with head canon Zerde. I already had this discussion with him and all he did was to ignore fact and used his assumption/head canon as fact…

The reality is that not only all wow related site like wowpedia describe the forsaken player as lorderan and the human as Stormwind but even Wow own website describe it…

1 Like

Zerde does have a point though. Customization isn’t lore. Customization was added for the sake of player fantasy and Ion says as much. while we could argue that player headcanon does play a huge part in the emersion of the story, we also have to consider that the lore at this point is not as black and white as it was in the past.

For example we do have new lore that does show that many years after the Third War, the living surivors of Lordaeron are becoming more accepting to thier undead family members who still identify as Lordaeron citizens first.

There may have been a logical reason in the past to establish firm lines between factions and races but those lines are melting away as survivors of the Third War who were displaced from thier homes, want to rejoin the society as it’s rebuilt.

That being said, I understand the frustration from Horde players because that means that two Horde races are potentially on the verge of re-integrating back into the Alliance and that feels like a Horde loss with nothing gained. I can see Ion’s point that this changes nothing there’s not literally going to be faction changes, but when it comes down to player emersion and player experience it changes everything because it blurs the lines of racial and faction identity.

This was always going to be a problem with giving two historically aligned Alliance races to the Horde in the first place and trying to carve out unique identities within the Horde.

4 Likes

I’m really scratching my head at this statement. BFA just happened. Any kind of fading of the faction barriers that may have been building during legion is well and truly gone.

I don’t know about that tbh.
The Nightborne quest shows that Silvermoon is opening to welcoming back Alleria and the displaced highelves if it weren’t for the Void trying to corrupt the Sunwell. The small pockets if Highelves we have in lore are neutral and still lean towards the old Alliance.

The Gathering showed not only a strong Forsaken desire to be accepted by the living but a cultural shift in the Alliance for accepting that there are “good” undead loyal to Alliance causes, like Alonsus Foal. Even though Foal desires to stay neutral, his commitment to the Church of the Holy Light even in death is still Alliance aligned.

A Light vs Shadow (not Void) expansion could split the Alliance and Horde into new alignments of mixed races.

Light Worshipers, Void Worshipers, and Mixed?

All races can be split between ones that align with Light and ones that align with Shadow. The lore already exists for this.

Those divides started in BfA (and before) but became stronger in BFA.

Shadow shouldn’t be conflated with Void as we have really negative associations with Void based on our personal history with the Old Gods as well as Titan bias. But the Shadow/Void has an equal stake in saving the universe even if it’s only for self perservation. It’s time to rethink Shadow as an enemy.

The Chaoskamf of the Light vs Void conflict resulted in the creation of all Life in the Cosmos. If we are going to have a Cosmic War expansion in the future we have to have the Light and Void clash to eventually unify against a bigger enemy. That is the formula of WoW.

“All eyes shall be opened”

1 Like

If that’s true then Zerde’s wrong, because he was saying that “void elf customization means the Alliance has High Elves.”

2 Likes

The Alliance does have High Elves. That’s not headcanon. It’s fact.

The Void elves are High Elves., they were high elves displaced in the Second War, they were always loyal to the Alliance.

When Alleria is not in Void form she looks like a High elf. So giving that same customization to Void Elves is not canonically wrong. They now can look like thier racial leader.

The only difference between Void elves having blue eyes and blood elves having Yellow eyes now is the cleasing of fel by the renewed Sunwell but blood elves can also have blue eyes now.

I just don’t see why it’s important that only one faction of elves is canonically “allowed” to have blue eyes. Especially since it’s not the same as the Night Elves for example who got black eyes from a pact with Elune, it’s entirely situational on individual character story. If anything more character customization adds more individuality and character depth to the lore itself and adds more nuance to races.

3 Likes