Forsaken population

In fact, we can contrast that with the Forsaken, whose sole major settlements were Brill and Undercity. If we’re going to speculate on demographics on the basis of the number of population centers then the Forsaken are clearly in the minority compared to living Lordaeronians, even if you’re going to generously assert that all Forsaken are Lordaeronian even though we know they aren’t. The only reason they had the power that they did was because the survivors of Lordaeron were politically fragmented while the Forsaken were largely unified.

At which point continued Forsaken political dominance in Lordaeron starts to sound suspiciously like apartheid.

The majority of Hearthglen’s guards are orcs, weirdly. No doubt the Argent Crusade has a lot of Lordaeronians, it’s not exclusively Lordaeronian.

See above

They want to purify it of Undead and put out the eternal fire. I don’t recall them saying there was heaps of demand to resettle it.

Thassarian was Lordaeronian. Not all involved were. They fought under the Stormwind banner and some farmers there actually admitted to being from Westfall but looking to farm new land.

I think they’re still out there somewhat. The Scarlet Brotherhood pamphlets post BFA weren’t an accident.

A problem with WoW’s lore. Politics tends to align almost exclusively with race. More realistically I think it’s clear that there’s a political division with Lordaeron being claimed by some within the Horde and some within the Alliance. Neither side is, as far as we know, willing to compromise and unite. Living Lordaeronians do not want to join the Horde and merge with Forsaken Lordaeron. Forsaken do not want to join the Alliance and merge with living Lordaeronians. Thus, we reach an impasse between the two that is difficult to fairly resolve in a way that works in both gameplay and lore. The best bet is a divided Lordaeron along political lines, in the vein of East and West Germany, with two separate political entities on two separate sides of a Cold War both claiming to be the legitimate successor of a fallen nation.

I think Blizzard has never put much effort into their precise populations though. Void Elves should not be a major playable race when they seem to be based on a tiny handful of outcasts, and yet they are. There will be as many Void Elves as the plot deems necessary. The same is true of Lordaeron. All this speculation is useless because if Blizz wants a human Lordaeron re-established they can just say there’s more of them than forsaken and it will be so… or vice versa.

To be perfectly frank, among humans in WoW, nationality almost never comes up. Kingdoms that were more overtly nationalistic or culturally distinct like Gilneas or Kul’tiras tend to talk themselves up but for the rest of humanity, a pan-human identity seems to have formed based largely on Lordaeronian culture, with some Dalaran influence among the more magically inclined.

So it’s weird to me that players constantly are looking at NPC’s that aren’t even named under a microscope to try and determine their nationality and lineage when nationality and lineage clearly isn’t considered all that important among mainland humans in the Eastern Kingdoms, where everyone seems to consider Lordaeron’s, Stromgarde’s, and Stormwind’s lands to be the collective lands of all of humanity.

Given the history of those three kingdoms in particular from the First War through to the Third that isn’t a surprise. In fact something interesting could be done if humanity began to toy with the idea of a unified Neo-Arathorian Empire based on the political union of Lordaeron, Stromgarde, and Stormwind since the populations of those three kingdoms have essentially already been unified.

In fact we could already see things like this as early as the Warcraft 3, where the Alliance had already taken to using the heraldry of both Stormwind and Lordaeron interchangeably.

3 Likes

This is a fool’s bet, the current state of affairs isn’t going to last past the game’s timeframe.
Also, first time I’ve seen someone seriously use ‘Tyranny of the Majority’ outside political talks where it’s an anti-republic dog-whistle, so kudos there I suppose.

For the kids in the back, you don’t need to be of Lordaeronian descent to join a cult led by a devil.
:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Except the Scarlet were mostly composed of Lordearon humans. The Stormwind humans as a rule had no reason to join them(and even less reason to agree to their racist policies).

Yeah it’s pretty clear the Scarlets were almost exclusively living human Lordaeronians!

I’d love to see more of the Scarlets honestly. Not enough development for a bunch of post-apocalyptic fanatics. Fun concept!

According to whomst? Do you have their census post every time they’ve been blown up?
Rhetorical question, if it wasn’t obvious.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

And do you have the Forsaken census? Don’t play games you cant win.

2 Likes

Sure. In vanilla and Cataclysm, forsaken were completely composed of Lordaeronians. We see them pulled out of a grave in Tirisfal.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

And that is outdate lore. We specifically get quests from a Stormwind Forsaken by cata. Also, The Scarlet was Formed by Morgraine with people from Lordearon.

1 Like

Stop arguing with Dreadmoore, he’s basically Erevien.

1 Like
4 Likes

The living of Lordaeron would be pushing %$#@^ up hill to account for even 10% of the current forsaken population.

5 Likes

I’m tired of constantly giving statements like this the benefit of the doubt and assuming they’re based on ignorance or someone who is simply misinformed. It can only be corrected so many times before it becomes lying.

So stop telling lies.

What’s Erevien?

Any Horde poster that does not prostrate before his position is going to be a forum troll to him.

4 Likes

Oh nice lmao.

I sometimes feel like the only crossfaction player who wants the best for both factions, in a sea of fantasy nationalists :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You are allowed to have an opinion favoring one. That isn’t the same as being a “faction nationalist”. It’s based on your reasoning and argument. It gets divisive in this case because the Forsaken get questioned about whether they deserve everything they have.

6 Likes

As opposed to the Alliance in this case, whose right to their own history and identity is regularly denied. Even the very idea of humans having Lordaeronian heritage is subject to endless Horde screeching even though that’s just a statement of fact that anyone who has even casually glanced at Alliance history would know.

At least the Forsaken actually have things that can be subject to questions of whether or not they deserve it. The Alliance doesn’t even have that.

3 Likes