Forsaken development

And using nukes is a war crime, so if you want to keep doing war crimes be my guess. The blight as been always seen as something evil to use and as a bad thing, you are seriously putting forsaken in a box by saying they need blight lol, no other race has such a need, why do forsaken need it? They dont, there is no reason why blizzard cant give them something not so horrible as a chemical weapon so they can have a niche. I find it funny that someone who ranted about how the horde imagine was being destroyed by this xpac you want the story to gloss over the things that destroyed that imagine in the first place, you want the seeds of future faction wars to stay in place lol, just cause of some alliance boogyman that frankly doesnt exist in the story.

The funny thing about war crimes is the winners get to decide what they are.

9 Likes

Omg forget my meme character council idea. Blizz could kill all Horde characters but Baine and make an Anduin harem council consisting of Baine, Valeera, Calia/Derek, Grizzek/Saffy/Renzik. And Baine will also represent orcs and trolls. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

and the alliance won, and in real life we argue about nukes to this day and even garrosh didnt like it

The point I’m making is that your history is, as ever, questionable. If you claim that using nukes is a war crime, then please point me to the war crimes trials of President Truman, Curtis LeMay, or the crew of the Enola Gay - oh wait, you can’t.

15 Likes

Right, but seems to me the only country to ever actually use nukes was never brought up on War Crime charges. So what’s your point?

Also, I don’t see you suggesting any other alternatives for the Forsaken. Unless Shadowlands is going to be used to give them one hell of a Racial Powerup from the Necrolords, what assets are you suggesting they rely on instead? And if you were to give them that powerup, functionally … what practical difference would that have on how those weapons are used? This is especially true when it comes to the Forsaken, when you realize that if they replace the Blight with anything … its likely going to be “raising the dead” oriented … and Alliance fans hate them for doing that too!

You’re like so many other Alliance players on these subs. So concerned about tearing apart the things that you don’t like about the Horde; So concerned about making the Horde and its races as Alliance convenient as possible; … you put absolutely zero consideration about what could be built up to replace it. You want it gone … don’t really care what happens after.

1 Like

dont act like people to this very day dont discuss if its not a war crime or not

“Using nukes is a war crime” and “People argue if using nukes was a war crime” are two very different statements.

Do not speak in absolutes when you have nothing to back it up.

14 Likes

I mean in all honesty, Truman should have as well as many other presidents. Current historiography points to Japan surrendering and wishing the Soviets to media a peace between them and the U.S. Truman just dropped the bombs to send a message to the Soviets.

I wouldn’t go down this road

2 Likes

That’s why my original statement was “The winners get to decide what war crimes are”.

Why does it have to raising the dead? See you are the one putting forsaken in a box, it must be this or that? Why? Theres nothing in the lore that says they have to raise the dead

Well like I said I dont want to fight faction wars anymore. My concern is to end the hostility between the horde and alliance forever so we dont have to do bfa ever again, but if you want to lose more leaders in factions wars thats your right. Personally I rather never fight a faction war ever again, it brings to much drama to the whole playerbase

This road is a rocky one, and always brings us to the same conclusion. In order to enforce the laws you feel need to be enforced, you need to be in a sufficient enough position of power to enforce them. It honestly does not matter how justified you feel you are, if you have nothing to back it up … and like it or not the Alliance does not find itself in a sufficient enough position of power over the Horde by the conclusion of BfA to demand what certain players on this sub are suggesting. Not without terrible costs to attain that “justice” at the very least.

Monopoly on Force is one of those historically interesting things. Political entities and cultures can commit massive atrocity after massive atrocity, and if there is no one of sufficient power enough to punish them … they’ll often go unpunished. It doesn’t make these acts any less monstrous … but sometimes it is what it is.

1 Like

Who said anything about the alliance enforcing this, the horde should enforce this by themselves, they are the ones who commited genocide right? They are the ones saying they are gonna be different in the story, so they should prove that they are gonna stop being as bad as the legion and show they are gonna dedicate themselves to actually being heros

Suggestions Katiera? Alternatives Katiera? What are you replacing these things you demand cease for the Forsaken Katiera?

You have repeatedly stated that my issue is that I’m rendering the Forsaken into a box; but at least I have something concrete enough to be called a box. You’re building your entire argument off of “I don’t want any more Faction Wars” … and you just want to lobotomize the Forsaken to ensure that happens. You apparently don’t care about Forsaken growth beyond it being convenient for your ulterior motives; which seems to exclusively take things from them … not build anything.

2 Likes

Spoiler alert: The Horde doesn’t decide anything. Blizzard does.

4 Likes

Spoiler alert we are talking about what should happen in the story

I’d forgotten how much of a waste of effort arguing with you is.

14 Likes

This is literally a thread talking about what should happen next in the forsaken

Suggestions Katiera? Alternatives Katiera? What are you replacing these things you demand cease for the Forsaken Katiera?

its not my job to come up with something, its blizzard nor do I really care, the forsaken can turn themselves into half robot super soldiers or find some super secret magic, I honestly dont care what they find to replace the blight, I just know with the way the story is framed after bfa that they should replace it. Personally I found the forsaken in vanilla far more interesting, they where deeper characters than look at me I am so edgy, not that they wherent edgy but it defs wasnt the focus

also I genrally dont think they even need to get replace with something, like i said nobody really has anything like it, the forsaken can just be zombie people they dont need the blight to win battles, they are gonna win and lose however blizzard pleases with or without the blight, just without comes with less war crimes.

But that’s the entire point of this thread. What do we hope to see from the Forsaken going forward. You’re essentially coming in here to make abstract … they should neuter this race because I don’t want more Faction Wars. Ignoring for the fact that if Blizz wants more Faction Wars and more atrocities, it does not matter what you do to the Forsaken … those things will still happen.

Also, the Vanilla Forsaken were very cult of personality around Sylvanas. The Vanilla Forsaken were developing Blight, and using living test subjects. The Forsaken were edgy as hell, just using the “primitive races of the Horde” for their “Dark Purposes”. They were hostile, angry, resentful, and immensely vengeance and pain fueled. They were very much what they are now.

If you have nothing constructive to suggest on a topic that clearly was meant to at least be somewhat constructive … then all you’re doing is passive aggressively bashing on another Playerbase’s PC Race and Racial Fantasy. Which … suggests that your opinions on the future of the Forsaken should be no less considered than my opinions on the future of the Kaldorei. But, I’ll admit that … and simply sit back and hope for the best for the NE playerbase and their race; as long as those “best things” don’t come too much at the expense of my PC race and Faction.

4 Likes

You’re such a salty sad sack, Cheeses Crisp! It’s like you can’t get it through your head that most people play more than one faction! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! WOW!

Shocking, right?

1 Like