Forsaken development

You think such, but I still say we ain’t evil. You just think us evil, nothing more, to fit your own narrative headcanon.

I don’t recall any orders calling for such. At the moment, unless presented as such, it’s just speculation and headcanon. Heck, right after the Dark Iron Dwarf Paladin boss, you have humans. They followed them that far, it wouldn’t be farfetch’d to think they partake in civilians killing.

4 Likes

jaina literally at the start of the attack said “the king would like to avoid civilians casualities”.
Yes, those were the orders.

why it would be headcannon when is ingame? : p

2 Likes

I played both factions there is nothing different I saw all the torture and suffering in forsaken questing that they themselves caused the forsaken are evil, good forsaken are the expectations not the rule

To give you an example, I had not played since Wrath and rolled a new Forsaken toon having not been updated on much of anything.

With zero context the Worgen come off as savages waging a war of extinction on us. There’s allusions to some crime, they mention we all deserve to die after what we did.

But we in this context refers to a fresh Forsaken who’s only killed some Scourge, Scarlets and picked flowers for Apothecaries. I guess you poison a dwarf but he’s talking ish the whole time and guzzles down, without question, a drink yoy hand him. While toasting to your eradication. So no great loss there.

Raising new undead doesn’t seem that bad. As again you were just raised in Deathknell. Most of the other new undead seem a little freaked out but calm down and seem excited for the new opportunities awaiting them. Also the Worgen are turning people so it doesn’t strike you as unfair.

But cut to the Worgen opening and the Forsaken are portrayed as unthinking monsters who want to kill everything. For no reason. They just turn up and start stabbing stuff.

3 Likes

Fair point. But, keywords : “would like”. Feels like a suggestion, innit?

The forsaken literally started the war on the worgen

i don’t think that she would want to kill civillians with no reason so in the tone she said it is that they should do everything they can to avoid it.
Now i am not sure if she find out what the dark irons did, probably not because it was all chaos.

If it’s your way to rationalize “collateral damage”, suits yourself.

If you’d played the Forsaken quests like you said you did you know your character doesn’t. You’re just thrust into a war with werewolves and their human friends who want to kill you for the crime of existing.

You eventually make it into Gilneas where again - you don’t do anything out of the ordinary for a war zone.

You do raise some Hillsbrad humans - who attack you on sight- but it’s shown in that same quest the worgen are also turning people.

So frankly it just seems like those humans should have moved to Stormwind awhile ago. But they didn’t so now it’s team flea or team maggot. Either way you’re getting claws so get used to picking your nose with considerable care.

4 Likes

The blight literally kills everything and causes massive collateral damage each time it’s used I find it really funny a forsaken is trying to shame a alliance about collateral damage is there even a quest where forsaken avoid it

So the story is that you started the war I know this and you know this I don’t care that the forsaken hero in the storyline is too dumb to realize he is being used by Sylvanas

Yeah you ensure civilains are not hurt when seizing Darkshore as a matter of fact.

This is why there was such a negative reaction to the burning of Teldrassil as the quest before that happens is literally about avoiding civilain casualties.

3 Likes

That was Saurfang not forsaken try again I already know that Saurfang is a good guy

… There are Forsaken soldiers present on the field it’s a joint Horde operation.

Also you’re bringing in a meta perspective to the Forsaken’s storyline. If you ever even played it you clearly came in with a negative attitude looking to react to stuff. Rather than coming in and trying to see the storyline from the perspective of the character.

3 Likes

Guess I gotta explain it to you. There’s a difference in perspective between the Alliance collateral damage and Forsakens collateral damage. Alliance is usally shown as trying to avoid, at all cost, collateral damage. But when it comes to push and shove and there’s collateral damage, there’a a tendancy to shrug it off and come up with an excuse such as “oh they didn’t follow orders”, “oh they were overzealous”.

9 Likes

WLol just cause the forsaken are there when a another horde leader is good means they are good lol that’s why you got to latch on to the other races of the horde cause in truth there isn’t a single time where a forsaken character is being good

The guy who partook in the Path of Glory? A good guy? The mastermind behind the strategy for the War of Thorn?

1 Like

He repented you know he had regrets that’s more than forsaken have ever done in the story

If that’s your opinion then you haven’t played through the Forsaken storyline or at least didn’t bother to look into the context of quests.

These are bad faith arguments. I noted examples of good undead and Forsaken questlines in this very topic earlier today.

But I suspect you just scrolled right down to start up with your usual repetitive witless retorts.

2 Likes