Forsaken development

You can if you play Alliance.
It happened. Or I guess all those cases of the Forsaken playing nice or stopping one of their own from ending the world (early) didn’t happen either.

Why is that experience more canonical than the other? Enlighten me.

Also apples to oranges. Not doing a quest is vastly different from experiencing an entirely different series of events purported to all take place in the same story.

Also, also, going back to the Burning Crusade Pre Patch Event for Wrath - we see an unlikely partnership between the Royal Apothecary Society and the Church of the Holy Light to stop the Scourge invasion. RAS works on curing the plague of undeath while CotHS works on taking down the Scourge death fortresses.

2 Likes

I’m not sure you realize this, but they’re not mutually exclusive experiences

Aren’t they?

Suppose you murder every civilain in your play through of the quest. Then who are those Undead killing?

Or suppose you didn’t. Okay. Then I guess after the battle moves on to Darkshore a group of Deathstalkers decide to waste valuable time murdering unarmed civilains in an already neutralized and occupied Alliance base.

That’s possible. But it’s also extraordinarly dumb and frames the Horde as unusually cruel to their own peril.

2 Likes

BfA has proven that Stupid and Evil are the Horde’s middle names.

The last one is Horde, because it’s a “”"“fAmiLY”’""

The first is probably Bloodthirsty

Alright now you’re just name calling. Great counter point.

2 Likes

Well. I guess both the Horde and the Alliance share a common ancestor since “Stupid” is Alliance’s middle name too!

1 Like

I was agog when it was explained the Battle of Dazar’Alor was to drive a wedge between the Zandalari and Horde.

That is the 2nd dumbest raid postscript I’ve heard in this game. You invaded their capitol city, rampaged through their sacred holdings and murdered their king to dissuade them from joining the Horde?

Well it is the sort of world super power that hands supreme executive authority to a teenager so, I guess that tracks.

3 Likes

Yeah the other middle name is Powerless

First name Alliance (Ally for the friends), last name is Wrynn.

You might not have noticed since it doesn’t show but I dislike both factions and how they limit their member races.

is not unusual, the horde being mass murderers is in their DNA.

And yes, in the ally side all civilians were dead.

Honestly the more I hear the more it seems like Blizz broke it’s back bending over backwards to make sure you darling Blues weren’t faced with an iota of moral ambiguity.

7 Likes

Well i can tell you that what they show us in the ally side is basically the worst of the worst.

i have seen forsakens torturing civillians, horde killing neutral medics
throwing bombs to the civilians of boralus, killing and raising people,
slaving them, impalling mothers in front of their childrens, and literally killing puppies (no joking).

destroying forests, killing animals blighting,experiments, ect,ect.
desecrating corpses and spirits.

and those are simply what i can remember now.
going back to the pre-patch delaryn explains that the horde rounded up the civilians of astranar and killed them all. and of course, teldrassil itself.

i would say that they went to far with the morally black portrayed by the horde that makes seems what the alliance does as a joke in comparassion, we are not even on the same league of moral ambiguity.

1 Like

The reason why stuff like this happens is that the writers at blizzard have a fondness for telling two different stories for the one event to the two factions to promote an artificial perceptional variance between the two factions which almost never bears up to scrutiny, so you wind up with an event which can never be reconciled between the two factions. Tarajo, the broken shore to name a couple. In MoP they have a forsaken base which bears closer resemblance to the burning legion than the forsaken, which only the alliance ever sees. In bfa alliance side you have to attack a large horde base at Bwonsamdhi’s Acropolis which never exists horde side. The assault on Brenadan doesn’t even get a mention hordeside and the horde commander, a maniacle forsaken created especially for alliance consumption is actually hostile to horde players. etc ect

7 Likes

Boy I am extremely curious as to where Blizz gets their definition of morally gray from.

The Alliance by comparison, outside the Battle for Dazar’Alor, have Velves corrupting the land and wildlife in Dazar’Alor. Also the Dark Iron are burning Vulpera’s livelihood for no reason.

That’s about it, honestly. The story even goes out of it’s way humanize the Alliance. At a point you put on a disguise and wander through Red Ridge and the soldiets talk about how they fell in love and what good friends they are. You don’t kill these guys but the implication is they’re all just normal folks.

Also the Horde War quests don’t really have you do much that’s questionable. Stone seems to take to undeath well enough. Guess she really hated her job. The Derek thing gets sorted even if you’re a loyalist. Otherwise it’s all standard military engagements - you don’t kill civilains or puppies. The only time a child is involved is when you disguise yourself as one to get intel from human soldiers.

2 Likes

and this would be my point, dazarlazor feels extremely justified to the point that i feel like we didn’t killed enough Why we were avoiding civillians casualities? yes, some of them still died due to the iron dwarfs but it seemed like they were ignoring orders.
The velfs corrupting the dinos also feels justified considering who was our enemy (the horde).

As for the vulperas ally side we have a draenie telling you that they simply want to scare the vulperas so they stop delivering supplies for the horde, in horde side, the same draenie is hapilly burning foxes for little reason. seems like she hates furries or something.

You didn’t. Horde side starts with the Dark Iron Dwarves burnin’ and killin’ every single, or attempt to, merchants and civilians in Zocalo. Unfortunately, you ain’t presented this as it is only on Horde side.

3 Likes

I really like how this whole thread I was arguing that forsaken should change so they don’t be seen as evil and now the forsaken players are upset they have depicted as evil for the last 15 years

Well that’s in keeping with tradition. The Alliance become extremely cruel for like ten seconds everytime the Horde needs a new race.

Attempt to sabotage the Belves recovery efforts, fire on Kezani refugee ships, are extremely rude to the Nightborne, go full 40k Imperium of Space Goat on the Mag’Har, murder the Zandalari king and defile their sacred pyramid, and of course immolate fox people.

Otherwise they’re always the good guys.

5 Likes

like i said, those iron bros seems to have completely ignored the superior orders.
otherwise we would have seen more races of the alliance doing the work. we really should have killed more.

IKR ?

“lets kill all goblins because they are witness”
“lets purge this sunreavers before the belfs rejoin the alliance”
“why not destroy camp taco before the tauren decides that the alliance is a better option than the horde”

ect,ect.

1 Like

Less we need to change and more Blizz needs to show the side of the Forsaken we see.

Since they only appear on Alliance side when they need someone to act like Hannibal Lecter if he just quit smoking cold turkey.

7 Likes