Forsaken development

Too bad I do play both faction. Or did. Still. No death camps. Even if really awful, a labour camp isn’t automatically a death camp. So stop bringing PTR stuffs that have been removed as a point to your statements.

5 Likes

A labor camp where nelves are being worked to death is still a death camp even if they don’t call it one and it’s in the game lol

And the Forsaken have worked damn hard these last 15 years to show that they’re worthy of all that hatred.

No other races should tolerate the Forsaken at this point (except maybe Goblins?), and prior to BfA even the Forsaken shouldn’t tolerate themselves. What reason did they have to keep on unliving?

Of course, nowadays everyone who dies goes to super hell so they finally got an excuse to try and survive.

2 Likes

If the forsaken need to change in a manner people are suggesting then you might need to start looking at all the other absurdities, like deathknights, demonhunters, and warlocks in society, and then ask the question why would a xenophobic, isolationist and powerful faction like the night elves join and stay with the alliance, a group they had no affinity with and would guarantee them conflict with the horde.

Funny enough, the labour camp doesn’t even exist, unless one specific wq is up. And here I thought it was up at all time.

Yeah, they removed it if I remember correctly. Its essentially just a dime a dozen garrison like every other one in Darkshore; with Belmont shouting out rather vague minor villain dialogue to ham up the moment.

Wouldn’t the night elves be put into inevitable conflict with the horde? They wanted/needed lumber. Those other classes aren’t committing genocide against the night elves either.

Where’s this fair weather friendship coming from on the Forsaken’s point now though?

The Forsaken’s dropped Windy like a sack of blighted potatoes when she showed her true colors. There were plenty of living loyalists. Fel the post Cata intro doesn’t even mention an alliance of convenience though it does mention proving your loyalty to the other races of the Horde.

Also at this point why do we get all the side eye? Nobody questions the Belves despite them considering defecting in MoP till Jania killed a bunch of them in Dalaran.

2 Likes

It was not entirely ditched, as the Horde are still using prisoners are target practice in the live version:

He is in the live version.

As I posted earlier, I think the sentiment around here comes more from things like (poorly) implemented Sylvanas loyalist alternate route, Belmont being left alive, datamining suggesting The Black Bride having been changed to Rowa Bloodstrike in the Baine rescue scenario, and changing Lor’themar’s dialogue in Nazjatar from saying the Horde protected the Blood Elves from the Scourge because it was actually the Forsaken that did that started giving a sense that for some reason the Forsaken players had Blizzard’s ear.

2 Likes

That’s true. However, there are those that remain loyal … and there are many that just feel lost and have nowhere to turn to but the Horde. Turns out the one group that didn’t forsake them were the ones that they’ve been using for all these years; thanks in no small parts to Sylvie’s influence.

Those Forsaken that remain; those Dark Rangers that remain; those Reps that remain … Blizz could really do something neat with what’s left; but again this is Blizz so who knows if they’ll want to actually do world building of that sort. They tend to just like … moving on to the next shiny thing and playing with the small roster of characters they like toying with.

Yeah that’s kinda what I’m expecting to happen. Which is a shame there’s a lot you could do.

Fel I doubt we’ll even get a district in Orgrimmar. The Darkspear and Tauren have little areas and the Cleft of Shadows is just begging to get a macabre make-over.

We’ll see though. How chill the other races of the Horde seem to be with the Forsaken’s vibe appears to depend entirely on who’s writing. As of Cata for example the Frostwolves don’t care for the Forsaken. But in classic AV - there’s abomination lieutenants.

So they were cool with something accurately called ABOMINATIONS having rank and authority but what Blight bombing Southshore weirded them out?

2 Likes

Go to the quarry theres more there

I mean, if people didn’t notice the Goblin Slums in Org got paved over almost entirely for the the AR Embassy. Its part of why I get kinda twitchy whenever I see an NE fan arbitrarily demand that they get Azshara back as recompense; so they can continue letting it fester as Naga infested ruins. The Bilgewater only have one home left folks, and its Azshara.

I like Voss, think she could be developed into a character worthy of her current position. I like Velanora, as minor as she was … she always was unique amongst her kin. I like Belmont, Faranel, and Tattersail … who could rise to interesting leaders of the Forsaken Military; Royal Apothecary Society; and Navy respectively. But … we’ll see how things go.

For Belmont, i was mostly refenrencing his post as a leader of a death camp. My bad for the misunderstanding.

As the live target practice, as I said in another thread, yet again, mistreatment of PoWs. The same can be seen in Boralus with Kul Tiran using a Troll as a live target practice.

As those “plot armours” you are pointing out, I can agree on the Belmont being left alive by Tyrande. I don’t see how the Loyalist path can be held as a plot armour for Forsakens. The path could have nothave been in the game, it wouldn’t have changed much at all. As the changing of Lor’themar’s dialogue, it’s more surprising that it seems someone at Blizz remembered Ghostlands questline. As per the Black Bride, i won’t dwell on it, I don’t remember much of 8.2 datamining.

11 Likes

Stop demanding Feralas and I’ll stop bringing up that the Bilgewater broke contract on Azshara’s lumber.

What is this? Manifest Destiny logic?

At the moment, there’s no Night Elves or Worgens in the quarry. Just a few Goblins fixing up machines and Forsakens patrolling around an empty quarry.

I think Lydon deserves some more screen time. He hasn’t done much but he really shines in the Sludge Fields. With the help of the PC and Johnny Awesome he stops a mad man from starting a pandemic.

Seems like a solid Lawful Neutral type we could use.

Lol man the Forsaken are in such dire straits I’m looking at quest givers who haven’t been relevant in a decade.

10 Likes

Sylvanas is doing the right thing you and many others just don’t realize it yet.

not how it is when its nelf controlled
literally a wq for alliance to kill the forsaken that are working nelves to death

Even when NElves controlled, the only time you will see that labour camp is when the WQ is up. Otherwise, you see normal green npcs working it.