Forsaken development

Sure, if you want to think of it like that.

Honestly that just makes the Forsaken seem kinda dumb. Let’s try to operate this forced labor camp after the place is overrun by the enemy.

Red side it’s just worgen screwing with a regular mining operation. Which would’ve made more sense but I guess the Forsaken had to be portrayed as cruel beyond reason.

Of course they did, because repeatedly BfA has shown that there were two completely different crews working on the Horde and Alliance side of the storyline. The Horde never experiences so much of what our apparent faction is supposedly doing. Hell, you wouldn’t even know we recruited San’layn if it weren’t for the Alliance War Campaign.

11 Likes

I think that’s sorta part and parcel to the problem. Through the entirety of the War Campaign you don’t do anything that questionable for war time. I guess you raise some P.O.I’s into undeath but one’s consensual for Light’s sake.

You never work with San’Layn or force Nelves to dig at blight point. The Derek things pretty screwy but you resolve that even as a loyalist, further proving the Dark Lady’s schemes to be mostly ‘Bad Thing ??? ??? ??? Profit!’.

So Blues are mad for stuff you will never see or even suspect on Red side.

5 Likes

The funny thing is, you can really see the “restrictions” that both writing teams were operating in.

The Alliance never really comes off as that antagonistic on the Horde side of the story. Yeah, they do a few iffy things like torching the Vulpera caravans and raiding Dazal Alor; but in almost all of it Blizz goes out of their way to justify in some way. Even without Teldrassil, their actions are understandable. On the Alliance side though? The Horde is portrayed as unrepentant monsters, reveling in slaughtering Alliance races down to the last child. There isn’t even an attempt at that same justification … its just Horde loves slaughtering the Blues. Strange it is…

EDIT: For the Alliance, the “Good Guy” label is a prison. Restricting variety in their stories. Handicapping their actions and character. Denying satisfaction. For the Horde, we’re sort of just a plot device that’s given lip service to distract from when Blizz wants to take the Faction for a joyride; and then ditch us once they’ve had their fun and riddled us with garbage.

8 Likes

And that makes it not canon? Lol game quests arent canon I guess

Probably the funniest thing to come out of this is Lilian arranging for Zelling’s family to live comfortably and safe in Arom’s Stand.

The same Arom’s Stand the Horde blights during their assault on Drustvar.

Imma hc Zelling’s family having died in one of those assaults.

Sounds like your close to figuring out why the forsaken need to change, cause they are evil monsters at this point

like you sit there and tell me they dont ignoring all alliance story and questing? I play both sides and theres nothing the alliance really has to answer for, but the horde has to answer for alot.

OK … well, no, I was complaining about Blizz placing the Alliance in a safespace whether people want it or not. Ensuring that they remain in this bubble of perfection and righteousness; and justifying away any questionable action they do for them. Its annoying for the Alliance because they are forced to refrain from satisfying acts of vengeance; Its annoying for the Horde … because Blizz clearly does not have the same hangups about hitting our faction with the Villain bat. Instead, they just have hangups about actually rebuilding the faction in any way.

Also … still waiting to here even a single positive suggestion from you in how you want to change the Forsaken. Oh, that’s right, you don’t actually have any. That’s “Blizz’s Job”. What you seem to want is to simply sterilize the Forsaken Narrative and Racial Fantasy, while replacing it with nothing so that it can become convenient for you.

13 Likes

I don’t really think ‘Some harsh dialogue in a warzone’ and ‘an occasionally appearing and strategically asinine forced labour camp’ is really all that vile, especially for this setting.

1 Like

I’d say the Forsaken stopping with the Chemical Warfare and Unethical Experiments on Living Beings would be a start. Would at least drive them away from Germany during the World Wars.

Oh if only the individual races weren’t constrained by these massive asinine factions…

1 Like

I haven’t said anything about it being canon or not 'cause it’s a wq. Stay on track. But I enjoy watching you backpeddling, trying to find a footing. Keep going on.

What’s wrong with chemical weapons? Seriously. How are they worse than anything else in this setting?

We, the players, know they’re bad because of the allusions to real world horrors you just mentioned. But that’s a meta perspective informed by warfare and atrocities of the 20th Century.

On Azeroth though? Doesn’t seem much worse than the other countless horrifying deaths we’re exposed to on most quests. How common a sight are people and animals webbed up in giant spider lairs? And that’s just a part of their world nobody even finds remarkable.

6 Likes

Blizzard said they are worse and everyone hates them in the setting, why cant forsaken players understand that

I find the outcry toward the Blight and its use a wee bit hypocrite when you can have this :

https ://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/wowpedia/thumb/1/17/Troll_Wars_magi.jpg/800px-Troll_Wars_magi.jpg

12 Likes

Blizzard doesnt care about that, the story and characters cares more about the blight than that

It still is a part of the same universe, the now characters/story, or you, want it or not. So now, tell me, how is the Blight any worse than that huge Firestorm?

13 Likes

Ask blizzard they are the ones who made the characters feel different garrosh made blight illegal not fire magic

So we’ll leave it at that : Forsakens can keep using their Blight.

12 Likes

And as you are so fond of noting, there were war crime trials. Who wasn’t on trial? Windrunner or any Forsaken for the use of Blight.

3 Likes