Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

The races that I mentioned we got are the lesser blizzard versions of the races we asked for, for years. It’s a direct 1 to 1 comparison.

Does this mean you consider the Zandalari a lesser version of Forest Trolls?

1 Like

Jintha’Alor is the perfect capital for the Revantusk tribe. I don’t know if they should begin in Revantusk Village (because we have a inn, a mailbox and a forge, just need to add a portal to Orgrimmar) or in Jintha’Alor if we get Forest Troll as playable race.

Another thing could be the Revantusk taking place in Zul’aman as new capital. It could be nice to get this for them. But they need to unify more Forest Troll tribes if they want to own Zul’aman.

• Vilebranch tribe could be an option if they accept to make peace with the Revantusk tribe and the Horde
  • Witherbark tribe could be an option if we get a redemption for them about Thrall and the Horde (they betrayed him)
  • Firetree tribe could be an option if they aren’t too crazy and living in the past of the Dark Horde. They could look for a new life in the Horde
  • Smolderthorn tribe could be an option if they aren’t too crazy and living in the past of the Dark Horde. They could look for a new life in the Horde
  • Blackleaf tribe could join the other Forest Trolls in Midnight to live in Zul’aman. We could make them canon and expand their story.
  • Treeblight tribe could join the other Forest Trolls in Midnight to live in Zul’aman. We could make them canon and expand their story.
3 Likes

I would rather like to see Jintha’Alor be used. Blizzard could easily just phase or remove the Vilebranch corpses from the top of the Jintha’Alor and have the Revantusk present instead. Perhaps both Elder and Primal Torntusk, with Huntsman Markhor being in charge of Revantusk Village in their absence.

Now that would be epic, especially with the Revantusk leading the efforts to unite the Forest Trolls under one banner.

I genuinely don’t see the Vilebranch ever doing that. They are considered a depraved lot who saw the Revantusk as an easy source for sacrifices for their rituals. The Revantusk fighting back to the point of claiming Jintha’Alor from them, is just bound to ignite their fury over them having an epiphany that they should change their ways.

Though I do wonder if their defeats could led the Vilebranch to embracing the void. Perhaps they do, and in light of the Amani’s failures, they strike at them to claim Zul’Aman either as a bastion of power or to resurrect Kith’ix, and then we get quests to help the Amani. Which can give us friendly Amani, while keeping realistic enemy forest trolls in the Vilebranch.

2 Likes

You have no idea, how long I’ve wanted beefed up trolls!! Looks great.

4 Likes

Jintha’Alor belongs to the Revantusk tribe and to the Horde now. :dracthyr_nod:

3 Likes

TAZ’DINGO, Brudda! De whole of Azeroth will belong to de TROLLS!

5 Likes

Jintha’Alor could be the capital for the Revantusk tribe. But if we want it, they need to play an “important role” in Midnight.

Without this, I think Midnight will focus on the Amani and Zul’aman. Of course they can still play a big role with the Horde to help them to speak with the Amani.

But if we focus on the Amani, we will get the Amani and not the Revantusk tribe as playable race.

Another thing could be: make the Blackleaf tribe and Treeblight tribe canon and expand their story => they want to rebuild the Amani empire and to unify the Forest Trolls again.

So Revantusk tribe, Vilebranch tribe, Witherbark tribe, Firetree tribe and Smolderthorn tribe could send emissaries of each clan in Zul’aman with some soldiers.

Under the supervision of the Zandalari (now part of the Horde), the Amani could rebuild their empire with the ancestral lands and stop to attack the Blood Elves (Horde).

They could also make a pact with the Horde to fight a powerful opponent (void) in their ancestral homeland.

Imgur

Imgur

So we could get quests with the Amani and the Revantusk tribe. And we could get Forest Trolls as playable race.

The playable Forest Troll race will be a Revantusk Troll starting in Zul’aman because Forest Trolls with the help of the Zandalari want to unify all the Forest Trolls again, rebuilt the Amani empire and, of course, not to be wiped out because of the war with the Blood Elves and the new opponents we will get in Midnight.

Drakkari will be the example of what the Amani don’t want to become.

3 Likes

Wowowowah or we can have some drakkari joi with the amani and get both custimization option for the bulky troll allied race.

2 Likes

If we get Forest Trolls as playable race, we should be able to get the Ice Troll skins for them. Just Frostmane tribe needs to join the Horde and we could give the Ice Troll skins for Forest Trolls as customization. :dracthyr_nod:

5 Likes

Imgur
(Queta back in Zul’Aman - by Ramavatarama)

8 Likes

That’s a great find.

4 Likes

what color would they be pink purple polkadotted

Do you want to be a polkadotted troll?

add polkadots to the trolls

As Dark Ranger Velonara and Huntsman Markhor had a working relationship in Cataclysm, I think it would be neat to see them working directly together in Midnight. Not only would it allow us to see a Forest Troll and an Elf working together, but it would give more of a character feeling to someone within the Revantusk tribe.

3 Likes

If they end up being a skin hopefully they’ll still have a unique racial and description so we’re not just cosplaying like Manari and Darkfallen.

1 Like

The Darkfallen I get, but the Man’ari being a customization race still baffles me, especially since they were hyped as WoW’s first playable demons.

what color would they be and how big or small

Forest Trolls should get a place in Orgrimmar. It would be great to show the Forest Trolls are in the Horde with the Revantusk. So I would like to see some Revantusk in Orgrimmar as ambassador of their clan :dracthyr_yay_animated:

3 Likes