Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

Thrall covers the orcs as a whole, while the Mok’nathal were isolationists that kept to themselves. However you are right about the Revantusk, Stonemaul, and Taunka. Though I can’t help but wonder if the Hozen and Unshackled should be added to that list… and when the Dracthyr will get a seat on it, as there’s been nothing saying that Cindrethesh is on the council.

3 Likes

Raventusk were also likely involved during Cata in the battles against the Alliance in Stonetalon. We see them participating there.

They are members of the Horde and have participation being done I just think Blizzard mostly forgets them.

Hozen and the Unshackled should absolutely be on that list.

5 Likes

True, I was just focusing on the conflict between the Forest Troll tribes.

3 Likes

I don’t know for Hozen but Unshackled should be on the list. But before becoming a part of the Horde Council they need to be welcomed in the Horde and not waiting as they do outside Orgrimmar. Also we could finally get an allied race for them too.

3 Likes

I mean the Hozen literally joined the Horde in Pandaria. (The Forest Hozen anyways)

You can also occasionally see a Hozen as a member of the Hordes troops in Dazar’alor near to where the portals are, training with other troops.

2 Likes

From my understanding, the Revantusk never officially joined the Horde and aren’t members. They politely declined Thrall’s invitation during Vanilla, but they still remained a steadfast ally to them since then. They even spoke highly of them during BfA and reaffirmed their being allies to the Horde when you talk to some of the Revantusk NPC’s in the Zandalari capital city.

So if they were to ever become playable, as a full race or customization race, then I could see them having a reason for becoming full members of the Horde and hopefully getting a seat on the Horde Council. This could make for a great part of their storyline as well.

As for the other races mentioned, Taunka are the only ones I’ve seen officially inducted into the Horde. There is an assumption that the MU Stonemaul Clan and Dragonmaw Orcs got officially invited, though thinking on it, I haven’t seen anything to suggest they became full members as opposed to just being allies to them like the Revantusk are.

It’s sort of the same situation when it comes to the Hozen and Unshackled. With the Hozen, I didn’t see the Jinyu become full members of the Alliance, so it’s likely they’re both just allies to those factions instead. And the Unshackled have yet to officially join the Horde, even if the signs of them joining seem pretty high. Mok’nathol as a whole, as mention before, as isolationists, so I could also see them as an allied status as opposed to a full member status.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, as I would like to see those races actually be full members of the Horde. But as best as I can recall, I have not seen much in-game or otherwise to suggest things other than just being allies.

If we see Dracthyr get a seat on the Horde Council, then I see no reason why the above playable races and future ones shouldn’t get a seat on the Horde Council. It’s not fair otherwise and…I just realized that this would mean we get Dwarves on the Horde Council before Ogres and other notable Horde races…sigh… :person_facepalming:

:axe: :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

They, and also the Wildhammer but for the Alliance, join the Horde (again) in Cata officially. Both those races had been part of the Old Horde and Alliance of Lordaeron respectively but refused to fully join the New Horde and the Grand Alliance respectively until cataclysm.

Both the Hozen and the Jinyu were invited to join and did so. Though technically its just the two communities of them. The Forest Hozen of the Jade Forest and the Pearlfin Tribe of the Jinyu of the Jade Forest. The races themselves as a whole people did not join.

The Stonemaul have been Horde since WC3 and the Dragonmaw techincally were invited in a book I believe. Blizzard actually hasn’t had the majority of races “officially” join the Horde in any capacity. They’ve mostly just been assumed by connotation and event.

The same stands for the wider range of the Alliance.

It ends up mostly being just splitting hairs if you try to go through the route of they “joined” by having it be shown in a direct declaration when you really get down to it.

5 Likes

I honestly never thought about before… sigh Horde dwarves before we get the likes of Ogres and Forest Trolls are one thing, but them joining the council is another.

5 Likes

and Taunka too. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

5 Likes

I’m all for playable Taunka, but I have to admit that I could see them becoming a customization race like the Darkfallen and Man’ari.

And ironically, these Horde Dwarves will have more of a say in the Nation’s Trajectory than any of the ones in the Alliance.

1 Like

I discovered something interesting about the Revantusk, they are not general fond of the arcane arts that so many races abuse as per The Right Way.

It’s not clear it’s because of the way it’s been abused or past experiences, like say the Revantusk being nearly wiped out in the Trolls Wars, which saw magic as a factor for the Forest Trolls’ defeat.

I wouldn’t see this lack of fondness preventing playable Revantusk from having mages, if their attitudes haven’t changed in the years as they could be seen as pariahs like Orc and Human Warlocks were. Not to mention how Dragonflight made mages a common class that all races, sans Dracthyr, can be.

I still think that this is an interesting find and makes me wonder if Forest Trolls had become an allied race before Dragonflight, if they would have even have had mages as a class option.

3 Likes

If Forest Trolls were an Allied Race before Mages were opened up to almost all playable races (Dracthyr being the exception for now), it’s possible they wouldn’t have been able to become Mages during that time.

However, they would have become Mages when it was opened up to all races later on. How would this be explained? Likely with what they did with Orc Priests. There an Orc Priest NPC you can talk to in Orgrimmar near where the Vulpera are that explains why they chose the Priest class. Likely, there would be a Forest Troll NPC somewhere in Orgrimmar you could talk to in order to get some backstory on their tribe being against magic and why they’ve suddenly changed their mind and had some members look into becoming the class.

As for current times, should we get Forest Trolls as a full race or even as a Customization Race, I see no reason why they couldn’t be Mages with the above paragraph still taking effect or even be part of a questline to unlock Forest Trolls as an Allied Race. Maybe the Revantusk learned the true meaning of Winter Veil and opened their minds to it after being against it for so long. Maybe there is a legit reason why they had to look into the arcane arts to help their survival. Several different ways you could go about doing this.

Not to mention that if they have such disdain for magic, they would be against the Horde for having several races utilizing it heavily. Especially with Blood Elves and Nightborne, where the Revantusk don’t seem to have a problem with either of them. I can take my Blood Elf Mage and have her perform all sorts of magic tricks in front of the Revantusk as much as I jolly well please and they’ll still like and respect her while asking her to bash in the heads of the local jobber mobs causing problems.

I’m sure if we get playable Forest Trolls, especially if the Revantusk are part of that faction, something could explain why they changed their stance on the arcane arts. Though I would hope any Forest Troll Fire Mages would take some precautions when practicing it:

:axe: :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

I just thought of two ways.
1.) The Horde use of arcane and how it has proved useful softened their anti-arcane stance.
2.) The Torntusks’ have a kid, who has that inclination towards the arcane and as they work to prove themselves as heir, the tribe sees the merit and value in using the arcane over shunning it.

3 Likes

Add Armani Trolls to the game with a tailoring Racial and bigger bags! :smiley:

2 Likes

I was rereading the allied race quests and noticed that current Horde and Alliance tended to be apart of the process. For example we had Baine reaching out to Mayla and Lor’themar inviting Thalyssra to meet him in Silvermoon, while Rokhan had a place on honor in Talanji’s entourage during her trial to be Queen. And I couldn’t help but wonder if that trend could continue with future allied races going forward.

If it does, I’m unsure if Blizzard would use. After all them could including Rokhan and/or Talanji would work since they can have a moment showing different troll tribes within the Horde. However both Elder Torntusk and Eitrigg are veterans of the Second War who were stationed in the Hinterlands, which is an angle that could be used if Blizzard wants to emphasize the history between the Revantusk and the Horde.

2 Likes

what about the smurf trolls?

Warcraft 1, Warcraft 2, and Diablo 1 are now available for purchase on Battle Net.

I first started with the franchise with Warcraft 2 and it just brings me back to those days as a kid.

5 Likes

More skin options for Forest Trolls as playable race

Imgur
(by Ramavatarama)

12 Likes

Those are fabulous.

6 Likes