Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

When Quel’Thalas is revamped, Forest Trolls will probably have an update to their model (Amani).
They could be an allied race of Midnight.

5 Likes

That would be cool…

I also hope they add in the land beyond Zul’Aman and add like that fan mock up of the Amani Forestlands. Give them a proper zone.

4 Likes

Quel’Thalas will be remade to be much larger than the TBC version and a BC version will still exist via Chromie Time, unlike Cata’s revamp => I don’t see a better opportunity to finally get Forest Trolls (Amani) as playable race with a subrace with Frost Trolls.

4 Likes

are they tall or short

Forest trolls would be tall. Earthen have been stated to be about a quarter again the size of dwarves (although they otherwise use the dwarf model), so…medium, I guess?

can you make them Pink??

The 12.0, Midnight expansion, will be the perfect opportunity to expand the Zul’Aman part (Zul’Aman was supposed to be bigger than the one we got in BC) and update the old male Forest Troll model with a new one. It’s also a good opportunity to finally get them as playable race too.

• Expand Zul’Aman part:

What we got:

Imgur

What we should get in the 12.0. It’s time to get the east part of Quel’Thalas in the Midnight expansion, the part we didn’t get in BC.

Imgur

Imgur

• Update the old male Forest Troll model:

Old models:

Some Quel’Thalas parts

Imgur

Other parts of Azeroth where we got Forest Trolls

Imgur

New model:

Imgur

Imgur

We need to keep in mind thin male Forest Troll exist too:

Imgur

• Playable model:

We are lucky because we got an updated male model for Forest Troll (Kazra’jin and Kul’krazahn) so we can use it to get them as playable race and uptade the old Forest Troll model.

Imgur

For female, it seems the High Priestess Marli is a bulky troll too but also a jungle troll. With a little work on her model, we could get the bulky model we need for female Forest Troll model.

Imgur

Of course, female Forest Trolls exist in the game and in the lore but for a playable model we could get bulky model.

Imgur

10 Likes

I really really really want to see the Amani Forestlands added in. Give us a whole forest troll home zone.

7 Likes

That is very true. An easy option Horde wise is just to promote the Revantusk to playable or even have a quest chain where we unite the Forest Troll tribes, or at the very least the Amani and Revantusk.

Though if the Forest Trolls become a neutral allied race, I could see the Revantusk being Horde, another tribe joining the Alliance*, and the Amani either being the neutral group we work with or a hostile enemy we fight against us.

• Like one of the currently existing tribes such as the Witherbark or Vilebranch, who are rivals to the Revantusk. Alternatively Zul’rogg** could be brought back and his band of trolls are the ones that join the Alliance.
    ** For anyone who doesn’t know or remember, Zul’rogg and his trolls were the among the various forces that were present in the battle between Sylvanas and Varimathras in War 3: The Frozen Throne. Unlike Mug’thol and Ogres, there wasn’t a quest to gain control of them. However players could still gain control of Zul’rogg and his trolls with banshees or Sylvanas using Charmed. After all if Tagar and Bovan can brought back for Dragonflight, then other characters who’ve been left in limbo could return.
2 Likes

what if you add furry trolls

I found this model on twitter (based on Kazra’jin and Kul’krazahn models). It could be a perfect model for female Forest Trolls to get a bulky model for them.

Imgur
(Troll Amani Femenino, Guerrera - by Tol’karg)

9 Likes

Oh! I saw that in the wild too! There was a reworked male one too… .

(Troll Amani Masculino, Guerrero - by Tol’Karg)

These would be perfect for the Forest Troll AR.

9 Likes

are they green or pink

Those are amazing models.

5 Likes

So I was taking a look over the various Forest Troll tribes and I got to wondering if playable Forest Trolls went the multiple tribe route, how many could end up joining the Horde.

• Revantusk tribe: Already apart of the Horde.
  • Amani tribe: While they could embrace the void, they could equally reject it and align with the Horde to better defend themselves. There’s also the possibility of the Amani fracturing into those who embrace it and those who reject it.
  • Firetree tribe: One of the two Forest Troll tribes to join the Dark Horde. Their Blackrock allies rejoining the Horde have the potential to bring back into the fold.
  • Smolderthorn tribe: One of the two Forest Troll tribes to join the Dark Horde. Their Blackrock allies rejoining the Horde have the potential to bring back into the fold.
  • Mossflayer tribe: As they are more isolationists, I would see them as a low possibility of rejoining the Horde. Though they do have the potential of bringing an undead skin to playable Forest Trolls as they are undead Mossflayer.
  • Vilebranch tribe: Hold the Revantusk in contempt for the loyalty to the Horde. The end of the Cataclysm Hinterland storyline has them losing Jintha’Alor to the Revantusk, who claim it in the name of the Horde. Thus I don’t see them rejoining the Horde.
  • Witherbark tribe: Briefly joined and then betrayed Thrall’s Horde, driven from the Hinterlands by the Forsaken, and by the time of BfA their refusal to work with the Horde is noted by Horde forces (ex: Druza Netherfang). Thus I don’t see them rejoining the Horde.

If Blizzard does go the neutral Forest Troll route, I saw that the RPG has two tribes that were not included in the game. Thus instead of turning having one the above Forest Troll tribes join the Alliance, Blizzard could also just canonize the Treeblight and/or Blackleaf to serve as the Alliance tribe.

2 Likes

I want this for my druid (who is a Revantusk in my personal fanon).

4 Likes

Out of curiosity, do you have any preferences for what Forest Troll druid forms would be?

2 Likes

I’d probably just go for the standard cat and bear (thematic versions, of course) for battle forms, and have the base flight form be a dragonhawk. Not sure about boomkin or ground or water travel.

2 Likes

Perhaps Forest Troll druids boomkin could look like Akil’zon or something?

3 Likes

You mean like the troll channeling Akil’zon whom we fight in the raid? Could work, although it seems a bit anticlimatic.

1 Like