Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

regular trolls are blue right??

Went to make comment about having Loa related customisations for them, but looks like Iā€™d already done that yonks ago ā€“

Good addition would be -

That being said, you thereā€™s various ways you could pave the way to making it happen; for instance ā€”

Forest Trolls:

Have it stated that the Revantusk tribe reached out to the splinter tribe of the Amani, with the assistance of the Blood Elves to assure no unwanted ambushes or disturbances were met and helped rescue their most sacred loa of: the Bear, Eagle, Lynx and Dragonhawk ā€“ In order to appease them & earn their allegiance.

and also ā€¦

Frost Trolls:

Have the Zandalari emmisary reach out and state that various Drakkari trolls that helped them against the rest of their kind sacrificing their loa had splintered from the larger group - Outraged by their actions, wanting to unify with the Horde more officially after they had helped put a stop to the sacrifices and took vengeance on the murderers of their loa who had already fallen.

ā€” With the mass meeting, have various Drakkari Loa, Amani Loa, and others circle around the meeting + provide the Troll Quartermaster with more troll-tabards and give a ā€˜Loa Blessed Heritage Gearā€™

4 Likes

what about Pink trolls for the horde and call them the -mystic trolls

Itā€™s Broken.

I can no longer edit the original post as I have lost TL3. The last time I remember updating it was late 2020 or early 2021, and there are some changes Iā€™d like to make now. Most of those changes are about improving the writing quality of the original post, but there are a few additions to content, one of which Iā€™d like to put in here as I find it especially notable.

In my thread about orc customization I put that Iā€™d like for there to be a body type system, vaguely similar to how worgen and evokers have two forms. I mentioned four different body types Iā€™d like to see, most notably dire, changed as needed for playability, of course. This is applicable to this thread as trolls can be dire as well.

There is a dire Revantusk in game, Ongoā€™longo, who was captured by the Vilebranch and imprisoned in Jinthaā€™alor, but later freed by assaulting forces, after which he returned to Revantusk village.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wowpedia/images/0/05/Ongo%27longo.jpg

5 Likes

Imgur

3 Likes

Seeing that image again made me realize that the body paint heā€™s wearing could be added to trolls as customization. I was able to find it on dire sand, jungle, forest, and ice trolls, with a variety of colors used.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think thatā€™s necessary ā€¦
You could just say theyā€™re blessed (or cursed, depending on the mindset of the individual) by a loa and vwalah ~ Pink skin. :tada:

Honestly speaking though: I donā€™t think having Pink skin should be a different race, itā€™s just a skin tone / apply it as such. :person_shrugging:

Forest & Frost Trolls however have a mildly different model, alongside their various skin tones.

i would accept them as alternative skins for the zandalari, since theyre built pretty similarly. zuljin in hots isnā€™t exactly built like a jacked gigachad like how those vanilla-era forest trolls are depicted

Would love straight-backed standard (Non-Zandalari) trolls to be honest. Even if it meant scaling their figures down a few notches.

1 Like

are they green or brown

:diamonds: {Blizzard seeing new cashcow in Forest Trolls & more customisations} :diamonds:

Blizzard as Forest Troll: ā€œFor $20 monā€™ ā€“ Iā€™ll be whatever colour you want meh to be baby.ā€ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

/s

Hopefully weā€™ll at least get options for them if not a whole AR.

3 Likes

will they be green with polkadots??

The Revantusk tribe should get a place in the Horde council because they are a part of the Horde, at least, since Cataclym. A Revantusk ambassador with some Revantusk warriors could be nice thing in Orgrimmar too.

4 Likes

We also need Darkspear Men to not have floating shoulder armor. Really sucks the fun out of playing when the Devs go back and fix Orcs but donā€™t do jack crap to fix the bigger issue facing Trolls. Oh and heritage armorā€¦

When?

1 Like

dont understand how we got sand trolls and dark trolls before Forrest trolls

1 Like

we dont even need them as an allied race, simply dark green skin

are they green and have grass on the head??

With the Earthen allied race, we could get the Forest Trolls as allied race too in Midnight expansion because we come back to Quelā€™thalas. The Revantusk tribe could play a role of mediation between the Blood Elves and the Amani against the threat in this expansion. So the Revantusk tribe with the Forest Trolls could be an allied race for the Horde.

8 Likes

Now that the Earthen have been added like this, its clear that nothing is off the table.

Bring me my Forest Troll AR Blizzard!

5 Likes