Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

These would be cool, but they should probably be Alliance. Amani and Blood Elves don’t really get along. Like, at all. Darkspears are an entirely different tribe, so there is no conflict there.

Revantusk.

They’re Horde already.

That’d be like having the Wildhammer go Horde.

9 Likes

Not necessarily true. The average Blood Elf wouldn’t differentiate one Troll from another. Paelarin is one such example, even refusing to offer them his services if talked to.

5 Likes

Honestly, I was always intrigued by the Loa-blessed forest trolls. The ones with animalistic features, via being blessed & empowered by the Loa of their following or by a number of them through devotion or reward.

If Forest trolls do become a thing, it’d be sick to do chain-quests throughout various Loa locations to earn their related-features in the cosmetics barber.

7 Likes

I’m craving for new Revantusk content. At least BFA showed some in Dazar’alor and confirmed that they were still in the Horde, but like… updates please ? And finally an actual green skintone damn.

Custom options should always reflect the lore and membership of the factions

8 Likes

I am reminded of the “leaks” during BfA of allied races, where they seemed to get all the allied races correct, as well as mentioning Lightforged Undead for Alliance and some form of cursed Trolls, where they look like some cat/boar hybrid, as a combo, for the Horde. Not sure how valid that “leak” was, but I wonder if the cursed Trolls may have come from what you mentioned if it was true.

In all honesty, I’d prefer actual Forest Trolls as opposed to some weird looking Cursed Troll from an unspecified Troll Tribe. I’d be fine with what you mentioned if they have control over it. It sounds like it would be interesting to see as customization options for Forest Trolls, though I’d need to see examples of them to better imagine them in my head.

I’d be curious to see what customization options Forest Trolls would have in general to begin with. :axe:

4 Likes

Having Forest trolls – with the option available to add animalistic ‘Loa Blessed’ features would be cool. I always loved the bear-Loa & aesthetics with the trolls :grin:

If each race had various special chain-quests (Like the heritage gear), ‘Challenge mode’ or ‘Mage Tower’ events (Yes, more than one!) that allowed them to earn additional features related to each per-event, I’d be roaring with excitement. Adding titan-forged features for Alliance races would be pretty simple, but for the trolls there’s so much potential with all the Loa they have including the ones from Northrend etc. :smiley:

Additional Note – I mention the ‘Earnable’ features, because it feels extra special and adds more of a great flavour to the lore of your character having it, other than some pass-off features simply yeeted in what’s accessible.

3 Likes

Yeah, but they’d get even less along with the Alliance races.

Also, how could anyone even imagine a Troll race being on the Alliance side? That’s just as wrong as an Orc being in the Alliance to me.

4 Likes

I will second that.

The idea that the forest trolls would join the Alliance, especially with the Revantusk already a part of the Horde, is just as weird to me as… Alliance San’layn. Theres no call or sensible reason for why they would.

Also the Blood Elves have been working fine with the Revantusk. The blood elf - forest troll feud isn’t as strong as people think it is. Would they be guarded and distrustful. Yes. Would they refuse the Forest Trolls if they joined the Horde. No.

3 Likes

I think the Revantusk don’t really mind the Blood Elves either. They are tolerated at least, but not outright hated like how the Amani would view Blood Elves. Maybe their tribe didn’t have much dealings with the Blood Elves to really harbor much feelings one way or the other.

I’m sure they’d get along fine. I mean, the Darkspear and Zandalari do, so I don’t see why the Revantusk wouldn’t. :axe:

1 Like

That could be very nice to have forest troll as allied race with another body type for the males.

Revantusk tribe is the perfect candidate for that.

• There are forest trolls.

• They openly support the Horde and they fight the other forest troll tribes in the Hinterlands.

• There are a part of the Horde since Cataclysm.

• Revantusk village is a Horde settlement and we can find Orcs, Forsaken, Goblins and even an Ogre from the Horde in this village.

• Revantusk Speakers in Zuldazar are friendly to Horde players (but not the other troll tribes, some can even attack you).

• Revantusk Speakers say their tribe will always stand by the Horde too.

We could have that for them as allied race :

• Class: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Shaman, Warlock, Druid, Death Knight, Monk

• Racial capital: Revantusk Village

• Racial leader: Elder Torntusk

• Racial mount: Bear

• Hunter pet: Red Lynx

It could be a good opportunity to update the forest troll male model too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The in-game forest troll model from MoP could be used for that for example (he has many things from playable Trolls in his ingame model + you can find another one in Zuldazar).

https://imgur.com/rUuxfom.png

https://imgur.com/MZoBRy6.png

4 Likes

Yeah. Now if the Amani as a whole did join I can see some tension but I kinda doubt they’d all join.

The Darkspear don’t represent the entirety of the Jungle trolls after all.

This I feel needs to be brought up more too.

The Revantusk are still Horde to this day.

I agree. Though any race made into a playable one will see editing to fit the player models correctly.

7 Likes

The only way I see the Amani joining is if the Revantusk manage to fight, take over, and unite the Forest Troll tribes. I see a lot of issues between the Amani and the Blood Elves that, while it isn’t impossible to work with, would be a challenge compared to something like the Revantusk.

I think regardless of what is done with Forest Trolls, the Revantusk Tribe should be part of the playable Forest Troll faction, if not THE playable Forest Troll faction. :axe:

2 Likes

I agree.

I don’t really think we’d get more forest trolls into the Horde than the Revantusk tribe, but like with the Darkspear, that isn’t a bad thing. Such tribes can rise to greatness with the proper support.

And the Horde has supported them for years.

4 Likes

I feel like this would be integral to the Revantusk storyline if they came back into the picture. Especially since other Forest Troll tribes considered them weak. It’d be great to see them become strong and overcome challenges to show that.

And the Revantusk Tribe has happily supported the Horde as well during those years. :axe:

3 Likes

For fun I thought I’d post next on my troll hunter whom was originally imagined as a forest troll until I found out there wouldn’t be any options for forest trolls in Wow.

Instead he was designed after the Darkspear spearmen from WCIII.

He’s of course changed a lot since then but I’ve always had small aspects of forest trolls from wcii showing up with him.

Back when hunters could have melee weapons when they got into melee he used two axes like axe throwers.

Here’s hoping for forest trolls some day preferably as their own AR!

Revantusk for the Horde! :evergreen_tree: :axe:

(Fenelon)

5 Likes

Got the expansion announcement coming on April 19th.

Hope there are plenty of new ARs and customization within but its anyone’s guess.

Heres hoping we see some Forest Trolls on that character selection screen!

Revantusk for the Horde! :evergreen_tree: :axe:

4 Likes

So nothing yet customization wise but 10.0 is returning us to Azeroth it sounds like with the Dragonflights concept.

Perhaps we’ll see some old races come to the forefront to help defend our world? Maybe that will include the forest trolls?

3 Likes

I want these so bad.
Trolls are by far my favourite race in warcraft.
And I badly need the buff forest troll for my warrior.
Zandalari does it for now but I yearn for the more primitive type of trolls while the darkspears dont have the muscle needed for my enormous axes.

4 Likes

I’m confident they will finally be giving the Revantusk some love now. The Zandalari joining the Horde also had the effect of shedding some light on the “lesser tribes”. In the Horde, even the Shatterspear were FINALLY given some content recently, up to a new leader, Ohseso, who I really wish we get to interact with soon in the game

7 Likes