Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

New skin tones were shown.

Blizzard did not, to my knowledge, say that they were those things.

Again… Not that folk can’t RP as they wish.

My point is why since we don’t have forest trolls but the person I was responding to had included them, did they not also include Ice Trolls?

Might as well.

1 Like

I’ve watched the panel now and at no time did they even mention dark, or sand trolls. Just showcasing new customization.
Feel free to prove your point with a source though.

1 Like

When I said “confirmed” I meant “showcased”, as in “featured with pictures”. They say that pictures speak a thousand words…unless something changed over the past 30 years or so, when none of us were looking. I could be wrong, though.

…Oh it hasn’t, but we can’t know if they’re actually DARK troll skin tones, as those skin tones have only ever been used in game for jungle troll NPCs, and the only dark troll NPC we’ve seen don’t use it.
So at this point you’re just claiming that the darkest skin tone we’ve only seen jungle trolls use so far is in fact a dark troll skin tone, since it’s usually used by dark troll rpers since it’s the most dark one. You’re not basing this on any facts.

Compare this to the sand troll skin tone, which we’ve seen be used by tons and tons of sand troll NPCs through the years, and not jungle trolls, that’s how we know it’s sand trolls.

1 Like

Suppose we should refocus again on Forest Trolls though given the thread. >.>

They should totally be a thing. Hopefully with the bigger model.

1 Like

I don’t mind the bumps given how long the thread usually goes without responses, more likely to get new people to see the thread.

Yes, if they were to be more than just a green skin for Darkspear the larger model is what I’d be most excited for, followed by druid forms.

The sub-race systems that many people have suggested seem like the best route to me. It would allow for unique things like class options, druid forms, heritage armor, etc, but would also (ideally) let you switch between the various sub-races through the barber shop rather than through a paid race change.

For example, from this post on the EU forums:
https://i.ibb.co/CtQ5FKP/subrace-customization-mockup-foresttroll.jpg

6 Likes

I especially like this for Trolls and Dwarves…

4 Likes

2 Likes

Hey now.

Would they be under orc? Or ogre? :wink:

1 Like

They’re an orcish clan, so I assume orcs.

That said if they wanna add ogres I’d be happy for them to discuss it. Gotta make me play a mage somehow.

2 Likes

I’d make a mok’nathal so fast…

And a Forest Troll…

And an ogre…

Dangit blizzard add them already!

8 Likes

I love the Subrace idea myself!

2 Likes

I’m sure 99% of people already know by now, but for those who don’t, Blizzard announced there will be no more customization for Shadowlands, which more or less defeats the purpose of this thread.

While I would prefer forest trolls to be a proper subrace to allow for their uniqueness to be truly explored, I would’ve taken normal customization over nothing at all any day, and that won’t be happening anytime soon as of right now, which is a real shame for a plethora of reasons.

2 Likes

I’m very sorry, Zuro. :frowning:

I can’t fathom why or… how
they reached to the conclusion that it was in WoW’s best interest not to continue developing customization options during SL.

It’s the main selling point of the expansion - what the hell?

Also, the amount of customization many races received compared to the scarcity of some others (Nightborne…) made most of us think they just ran out of time and would finish it during the expansion. Who in the world would’ve imagined they’d release a “player agency” expansion with an unfair balance of options among playable races and stop with customization after its release?

Nothing makes sense.

It’s just sad. And, of course, disappointing.

5 Likes

Would swap to a thicc troll boi in a heart beat.

3 Likes

Not really. The classic Darkspear, so Jungle Troll art has this purple skin tone too. So you could take it as either Dark Troll, or Jungle troll.

In lore dark Trolls are extinct though (except for one), so that answers that, sadly.
If anything was low key “confirmed” it was Sand Trolls. Note, I don’t have anything against Dark Trolls at all and would like them returning from their almost extinction in lore.

Where are our Forest Trolls?

We are waiting on them since classic, heck even since WC III.

Edit: I’m so disappointed they won’t add new customization options. I miss our Forest boys and girls.
I wish we would get them with an unique model. We don’t even get a skin tone at the very least?
This feels so bad.

2 Likes

Classic Darkspear are blue-skinned, and if you look at the concept Troll subrace art, it is pictured that the Default Darkspear are blue-skinned, green, or red hair, and the Dark Trolls are as I just described, the Jungle Trolls, however, like the Revantusk Tribe are green-skinned and green hair. So, look at that picture, and you tell me that the picture is lying.

Two things.

Blizzard have never confirmed that we got Sand or Dark trolls. Players are assuming.

Both skin tones exist on in game jungle trolls and were just not playable until now. They were not associated with the Darkspear tribe though.

RP as you wish though.

WC 3 Darkspear were grey to blue skinned. WoW classic artwork and the Troll artwork still used for the Darkspear is… you guessed it purple. Even in the RPG the description went from blue to purple (all player colors included, - the sand one).
I know my Trolls.

That’s not it. Darkspear are Jungle Trolls. Like the Gurubashi and the Shatterspear.

Revantusk and every green Troll (- some stranges one in Zul’Drakk) are Forest Trolls.
Why there are some Forst Trolls models used in ZG and ToT? No idea, but it’s a big lore mistake.
Also hair colors aren’t as clear as you think it is.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/game/races/troll

Not quite.
The skin tone is clearly a Sandtroll, there is no other way. What they said: Just head canon it, we won’t make any lore because we are too lazy. Some skin tones can mean some individuals from some other tribes joined the Horde.

Well then…that means you’re assuming too! How do you spell “Assume”? Assume the contrapositive, is what you’re doing right now.