Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

Give us our mossy bois blizzard! I would love to see revantusk village updated too

5 Likes

I think we need to look at the whole system and reorganize it with the addition of subraces.

Subraces would be a choice you make after selecting the base race. For most it would currently just be customization options but over time each subrace can be given access to the classes that make sense for it, unique voices, and unique racials.

Currently all allied races barring vulpera would receive this treatment. Allied races continue as they have where we recruit them into the faction but now they have to be unique from the other races rather than some other branch of it.

So it would currently be broken down like this:

Alliance:
Humans-

• Stormwindian
  • Kul tiran
  • Stromic
  • Gilnean
  • Dalaranian
  • Lordaeronian

Dwarves-

• Bronzebeard
  • Dark Iron
  • Wildhammer
  • Frostborn

Elves-

• Night elf
  • Void elf
  • High elf
  • Half elf

Draenei-

• Draenei
  • Lightforged
  • Broken

Gnomes-

• Gnomeregan
  • Leper
  • Mechagnome

Worgen-

• Gilnean

Horde:

Orcs-

• Greenskin
  • Magā€™har
  • Fel/chaos orc
  • Dragonmaw

Trolls-

• Jungle
  • Forest
  • Sand
  • Dark troll
  • Zandalari

Goblin-

• Goblin
  • Gilgoblin

Undead-

• Decayed
  • Preserved
  • elven

Elves-

• Blood elf
  • Nightborne

Tauren:

• Mulgore
  • Highmountain
  • Taunka
2 Likes

Stromgardian.

Add night elf worgen.

No Blackrock? Pagh!

Dark Trolls are supposed to be gone now, and where are the Ice Trolls?

1 Like

The people of stromgarde are referred to as stromic.

I donā€™t like that dalaranians are called that though. I believe it should be Dalarani.

Dark trolls are part of the new appearance options. I didnā€™t include ice/frost trolls as they are not part of the horde currently. Neither are sand trolls however they are also part of the new customization so I guess blizzard needs to come up with some forced annexation.

Cited from where?

Iā€™ve never seen Stromic but see Stromgardian several places.

I donā€™t think they are.

A slightly darker skintone was added but does not match the only dark troll remaining in Zuldazar.

Itā€™s assumed (though not confirmed) that the sand trolls joined through the Zandalari. Thereā€™s no reason to assume the Ice Trolls and other (non Revantusk) forest trolls wouldnā€™t join as well.

1 Like

~https://wow.gamepedia.com/Seven_Kingdoms

Demonyms

Demonym is a term for the residents of a locality and is usually, though not always, derived from the name of a locality.

The demonyms for the Seven Kingdomsā€™ residents are:

Alterac = Alteraci
Dalaran = Dalaranian
Gilneas = Gilnean
Kul Tiras = Kul tiran or Tirasian
Lordaeron = Lordaeronian
Stormwind = Stormwindian
Stromgarde = Stromic

This is sourced from a tweet which is now seemingly defunct.

Do you have any other source for it? This is of dubious validity.

If it is Blizzards actual stance on the name for Stromgardians thats weird, especially if, as you point out, they donā€™t go with Dalarani instead of Dalaranian.

Itā€™s from Sean Copeland himself, he used to answer lore questions on his Twitter back in the day. He is the literal head of lore. Canā€™t get more official than that.

1 Like

Thank you. I couldnā€™t get it to show the tweet.

Thats much better than a link to a twitter post that is simply missing.

This still applies I think.

Ah yeah, he stopped using twitter quite a while ago, and his account is gone. But you can still check out most of his tweets with the waybackmachine or the archive of them at wowpedia.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Archive_lore_tweets_from_loreology

1 Like

Very nice.

Iā€™ll keep that in mind when I canā€™t find their tweets again. Not the first time Iā€™ve been unable to locate it.

Been looking around and aside from this tweet I canā€™t find a use of Stromic. In game they normally just say from Stromgarde or of Stromgarde or the last of the Stromgardeā€¦

Wish Blizzard would better codify this stuff where it was easily accessible and regularly used.

1 Like

Actually, that dark purple skin tone you have been given IS Dark Troll, if you pair it with the white hair you already have. Sandfury Trolls, as Sand Trolls are called, arenā€™t officially part of the Horde, but they DO make an appearance in Zuldazar.

Look if someone wants to rp this skin as dark troll who am I to stop them? However just because you have the skin doesnā€™t mean you are a dark troll. Shatter spear tribe have dark skin as well, and darkspear can have dark skin too.

2 Likes

Well, Dark Trolls WERE confirmed by Blizzard, at BlizzCon 2019, to be made as options for Darkspear Trollsā€¦and guess whatā€¦THEY WERE!!! Take the arguement to Blizzard Entertainment, if you donā€™t believe me!

Doesnā€™t really match with the only Dark Troll we can actually still see.

Doesnā€™t seem to me to be representative of the Dark Trolls. Who again in Lore are currently believed to be extinct save their Speaker.

Yes I am aware. Thats why I was saying we can speculate that they joined through the Zandalari and as a result if someones going to make ā€œsub raceā€ categories we should shoot to add in the Forest and Ice Trolls as well.

100% this.

I donā€™t mind folk RPing it. I just doubt that this skintone was meant to be the Dark Trolls.

Cite it please? (Iā€™d like to see it is all)

They showed images but I donā€™t remember them even confirming the Sand Trolls.

2 Likes

The dark skin tone can surely be used as a dark troll skin tone for rpers since itā€™s the darkest, but the only NPCs that actually use it in game so far are jungle trolls. And the only dark troll that weā€™ve seen does not have that skin tone.

Now blizzard never really said that weā€™re getting dark trolls either, they didnā€™t even mention sand trolls by name.

1 Like

Did they even directly confirm the Wildhammer?

I honestly donā€™t rememberā€¦ (course the Wildhammer did officially join the Alliance again back in Cata if Iā€™m remembering right and were strong allies from vanilla till then.)

The new dwarf hairstyles and tattoos are directly inspired by the Wildhammer
Any player can easily fit into either of the 3 main dwarf clans now

Uhuh. We know that.

Did they ever actually say that?

Both Sandfury Trolls AND Dark Trolls were feature in the concept art they showed at BlizzCon 2019. The Dark Trolls had that dark purple skin tone with white hair; Sandfury Trolls were in between the two different Dark Trolls.