Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

Is it? I love trolls, and I tend to be in favor of more options!

5 Likes

At this point in development, I can only hope we get beards for the trolls

4 Likes

There actually is a Forest Troll discord, a Revantusk Tribe focused one, that someone made a long time ago. I came across it on the Allied Race Congregation Discord, which I think was linked in one of the Vulpera megathreads.

It doesn’t have many members, though the last few messages on it occurred near the end of September. Not a whole lot of activity otherwise. If I knew how to link Discords, I would link to it for anyone interested.

1 Like

Devs said that they will address it later. They said that they’re unlocking option for players and for now letting their headcanon do the job.

But it is weird that they’re giving us sand trolls and not forest trolls.

As for Darkspears- actually some of their members had a Dark Skin originally. Shadow hunter Ty’jin and the priest trainer in Valley of Spirits.

1 Like

This thread will neve die!

Still mad Blizzard heard the belves cries for blue eyes to be available outside of npc but didn’t let us use green skin.

I do hope they see the work in Baldur’s gate and do a really good in deep work on customizations.

3 Likes

Customization is not equal on all races, im afraid

Hopefully they rectify this on future patches

Also, Darkspear Heritage Armor when

3 Likes

On one hand, it sounds good that it’ll get addressed.

On the other hand, while head canon is great for roleplaying, it shouldn’t be a requirement to explain things in the game. In this case, any Sand Troll tribes are hostile to the Horde, with a leader of one of them hating the Horde.

Head canon can’t work to explain everything. You need a reason for races to join their respective faction. Otherwise, what’s to stop -insert tribe name here- or -insert race here- from being part of the -insert faction here- without any build-up? I like building up my own backstory for characters, but there needs to be a foundation for races or clans/tribes joining up.

If this were something like the Revantusk, it doesn’t need much explanation other than “They were offered to be members of the Horde because of their help and support!” Something like the Sand Trolls needs an explanation of some kind, especially when there are a lot of questions that need to be answered with them part of the Horde.

If head canon is something we’re being told to utilize as a requirement to explain why something is part of a faction, it just strikes me as lazy.

1 Like

It was expected honestly from many aspect(more easy to steal-make generic hairstyles on classical races) but seeing how they gave some good ones at orcs and forsakens, I still have hope to see more and better stuff

That’s a given, Ion mentioned during some interviews he was asked for this and likely they’re saving some for big patches to keep people coming

I’d say around the 9.1 most likely

Orcs were a winner from this (though I’d like some more hairstyles), but the absolute winner were Night Elves

Completely supporting forest trolls as an option via any methods. Long overdue

4 Likes

Indeed, Forest Trolls should have been part of the Horde from the start instead of the pixies imo and besides, the alliance got the wildhammer finally, the horde needs back their original members

5 Likes

Ion always says “We plan on doing it” or something along the lines of “We’ve discussed it with the team”

But until I see it on a PTR, I won’t buy it

1 Like

Wise approach, though fortunately we don’t have much content like Warfronts, Islands that took so much time they needed to be scraped past 8.1(So far the only new feature is Torghast that is like visions but more easy) so I feel a bit safe we’ll get some more saucy stuff in the future.

One thing they should be shamed is not INCLUDING GREEN SKIN FROM THE START!

1 Like

I am cautiously optimistic that they only have one time sink feature so far this expac.

Forest trolls should be playable.

Hopefully as a full AR or model toggle.

6 Likes

After druids, the model is the main reason I hope forest trolls are more than just customization, and became a fully fledged race or a proper sub-race. Forest trolls were described by Doomhammer as having the size and strength of ogres.

A proper forest troll should be bulky, as their current model shows, but also roughly the size of tauren, their current model has them only around the size of orcs.

5 Likes

What would be the best way to introduce Forest trolls into the game? A new Allied Race or just troll customization?

I would like Forest Troll customization options as well, such as the Revantusk Trolls, of the Hinterlands. Let us Trolls have green skin! We’ve already got their iconic red hair.

3 Likes

That depends on how we define best.

If by best, we mean the most likely way to get them, then customization. If by best, we mean the most appropriate way where forest trolls can explore their full potential, then AR for sure.
­
­
I finally got around to editing the OP. Not too much changed, but with us now having Shadowlands customizations, the first section was in incorrect tense, and the rest of the OP just needed some cleaning.

3 Likes

Ideally for me an AR. Slightly modified racials, new druid forms, tabard, identity, and model. Oh also I could always use another bear mount.

4 Likes

If it had to be an Allied Race, simply introduce them as the Revantusk formally joining the Horde after experiencing increased aggression from the Wildhammer Clan

Since the Revantusk were Zul’jin fanboys and hate High/Blood elves, I think it’d make more sense the Forest Trolls joined the Alliance.