Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

Blizzard recently announced that Blizzcon will be occuring online on February 19-20, 2021:

It’s possible they could announce more customization options/races during this time. Since we are going to the afterlife, I feel like the Troll Tribes may have some stake in it with Bwonsamdi and other possible loa involved. Maybe the Revantusk could offer some assistance, be it in the Shadowlands or helping to defend Horde territory while we’re busy chasing after Sylvanas. We might be heroes in the Shadowlands, but I’m sure there may be some heroes doing things on Azeroth in the meantime!

Something to keep an eye on for sure. :axe:

1 Like

It didn’t stay. I did all the Revantusk quests on my warrior back then, but there hasn’t been any trace of it since the reputation was patched out.

I think part of the reason they removed it was because there was no way to ever get exalted.

2 Likes

Yeah why did we let the Zandalari join?
:stuck_out_tongue:

Pre-patch drops a week from today, no sign of forest trolls at all, which I was sadly expecting. It’s still possible to happen in the middle of Shadowlands, but I’m a bit doubtful.

Disappointing.

I’ll keep my hope though, and a part of me is wondering if they aren’t customization yet because Blizzard hasn’t ruled them out as a possibility for a fully fledged race, rather than just customization. It’s a big hope, but a hope nonetheless.

7 Likes

It’s sad to be honest. I hope we will get a proper Forest Troll skin (don’t forget Zandlari druid forms are only skins), or even model, but nothing at all is discouraging.

2 Likes

Was hoping we’d see something…

3 Likes

Really hope you guys get customization or an AR as well. I feel like this is the expansion to add a variety, and people have wanted races they’ve fallen in love with that have been in the game.

5 Likes

Part of me is happy there wasn’t any green forest troll skins because that means we still have a chance for an actual forest troll race/allied race in the future.

Playable forest trolls deserve to have that big burly looking build to them.

6 Likes

Very true.

Finally a good customization thread.

2 Likes

Customization is so dissapointing so far

So many options missing or simply not done
For example, there’s the option for having a blind eye. But we cant choose which eye gets to be the blind one

Why

Not to mention the missing troll beards
Male blood elves got maybe 5 new options
Tattoo/warpaint colors are extremely limited in most races. They dont even have black most of the time

While I would love Forest Trolls, they’d need to rework the current low quality skeleton they use. And so far they cant manage to finish regular customization

Well, unless you are a human

Is this to anyone’s surprise that Blizzard devs are in touch with their lore? Why the hell are we even getting sandfury Trolls instead of Forest Trolls?
This is an atrocity, shame on you Blizzard, keep on ruining lore because of “gameplay”.

Jesus Christ, I’m actually disgusted by this.
Also that hairstyle, what in god’s name is that? Yikes.

1 Like

I know it hasn’t been stated if the Sand Trolls are from any of the known Sand Troll clans, but was the term “Sand Troll” officially stated?

I was browsing Wowpedia and looked at the Sand Troll entry. It stated the following here:

“Sand trolls are a subspecies of jungle trolls that dwell in the Tanaris desert.”

I know it’s silly to ask this, but is it possible that the Sand Trolls shown at Blizzcon were meant to be Darkspear Trolls with the Sand Troll skin tones as opposed to being actual Sand Trolls? I know that text I quoted specifically mentions living in Tanaris, but I have no way of knowing what was discussed internally at Blizzard to make this an official customization for Darkspear Trolls.

To be clear: I know it’s a really silly and absurd thing to ask, but without any mentions of Sand Troll clans or anything in-game to show Sand Trolls joining the Horde, especially since any Sand Trolls in-game really don’t like the Horde to me knowledge, it’s the only thing I can think of from a design point-of-view to explain it.

If anyone could clarify what was said at this panel, I’d like to know what wording was specifically used for them. Sand Trolls in particular really need some kind of explanation that is more than “Sand Troll customization is a thing now!” and nothing shown in-game.

Again, I realize what I typed is silly, but honestly, the more I think about the Sand Trolls being a customization race, the more confused I get.

I hope they get their own model, the women too!

4 Likes

If you guys have a Forest Troll Discord like the High Elf and San’layn One. That would be great.

The Revantusk tribe should absolutely be represented in the customization options for trolls. If Dark Trolls can get a piece, so can Forest Trolls.

3 Likes

I think only Farraki got a piece.

I think the skintone that is a plum color is supposed to be the Dark Trolls. Think it matches that Dark Troll NPC in Dazar’alor.

That didnt stop the lore abomination known as void elfs to become a playable race despite being only what 20 ?

PS : no , no blood elf joined them afterward , this is alliance propaganda

1 Like

Not quite, it’s actually even darker, which reinforces the idea that it’s probably dark trolls.

Interesting seeing you here.

The community for forest trolls is really small, I would do it if we had a larger community to do stuff with.

I plan on updating some of the OP tomorrow, it’s mostly fine but there’s some rough edges from past editing I’d like to clean up.

5 Likes