Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

I could say I’d worry adding Forest Trolls after Harronir is too many trolls but we have so many elves. I mean, I’d play a forest troll.

4 Likes

Harronir are also Elves too just more different than regular elves and trolls.

1 Like

They’re trelves

1 Like

tbh they’re kinda like to Firbolg from D&D. Hairy gentle awkward giants. Even the girlies can have sideburns.

But Furbolg already took the name. And their are oh so hairy with their fur!

1 Like

do you just want to be a green troll

New character slots are coming.

4 Likes

I have to admit that I didn’t expect the Earthen to end up with the Rasputin dance and now that I’ve seen it, I can’t help but wish the Forest Trolls received it.

I’m actually not sure what kind of dance the Forest Trolls could get.

3 Likes

Saw this post and made me wonder how people would react to Zul’Aman actually being the neutral city in Midnight. I have to say that I would be very surprised, but at the same excited since it would be something rather unexpected.

Now while I can see people declaring that a neutral Zul’Aman would mean that Forest Trolls would be neutral allied race, like the Earthen, I don’t think that it would be the case. After all both the allied races did welcome the aid of both factions before joining the Horde and Alliance. Not sure what the Alliance would get to balance it out though.

1 Like

I don’t think it will happen. Better chance to get Silvermoon neutral.

Horde could get Forest Trolls even if both sides help them with the Revantusk and Talanji meanwhile Alliance could get Broken/Krokul. Forest Trolls fighting to keep their city safe and Broken/Krokul helping the Alliance and the Horde with the Void Elves to fight the Void.

2 Likes

True, but the idea alone is intriguing.

Meanwhile Forest Trolls amd Broken being an allied race pair would be rather cool.

3 Likes

For those who are unaware, not alot of people are happy with the Darkspear heritage armor and it honestly makes me wonder about the Forest Troll heritage set. Like if Blizzard would stick to their guns on whatever they decide or take the dislike into account when designing the heritage armor for another troll race.

5 Likes

Saw this and just wanted to share it here, as any Amani partnership with the Blood Elves should be one that focuses on their resentment and disdain, even as they work together. For bonus points, the Revantusk can easily serve as the middle man to get them to work with one another. After all the Revantusk have an in-game reputation for diplomacy, let us see it action here by getting their Blood Elven cousins and Amani cousins working together. We could even see a neat quest chain where an Amani questions as to how a Revantusk could work with the Blood Elves and what not.

We need either the Amani ot the Revantusk in the Horde. I would love to see a grandchild of Zuljin asking to join the Horde to protect his people from a void incursion. Of course that an alliance between the Forest trolls and the blood elves would be a very difficult one but we got the Man’ari on the alliance side, so…

5 Likes

Let me play a super bulky troll.plzzzz

2 Likes

There’s a good chance we ally with at least a group of Amani in Midnight and if we can get the Winterbark in it would be a good time for a Forest Troll Allied Race.

4 Likes

Perhaps Stromgarde’s revival could be the catalyst for the Horde and the Witherbark to begin talks, especially since BfA showed us that that they are no longer allied with the Boulderfist clan. Though branch of the tribe in the Hinterlands being wiped out by the Forsaken could be hurdle towards this… though we are talking about the possibility of the Amani willingly, regardless of circumstances, to work with the blood elves…

I’m of the opinion that the more trolls within the Horde the better. So I’m open to the Witherbark working with the Horde.

4 Likes

What ya do is have a few winterbark in talks with a group of amany who either want to drive back the Void and/or fled widespread Void corruption in ZA.

I HOPE they don’t just make the Amani swear themselves to the Void and become a main enemy faction in Midnight. That would be dull and a waste.

So hopefully we get an Allied Race out of them. With how much work and options they gave the Narubians, a pure NPC race, they may rework the Amani/Forest Trolls enough to work as a full Allied Race.

4 Likes

Ideally we wouldn’t repeat that specific story, since holy cow, is that my definition of ‘cringe reason for X race in the faction’. The heritage quest for Draenei barely touches on it, with SOME nice nods to the Man’ari knowing they aren’t welcome yet and limiting Draenei exposure to them, but getting Amani as either troll customization or allied race would be through a lengthy and bitter story of old hatred and resentment being slowly emphasis on that overcome by the new generations, rather than some crappy prophecy, or a simple ‘we fought alongside each other in this one battle, and you saved me, I saved you, now we’re best friends and the resentment our people have is gone.’ storyline I fear Blizz is apt to use.

3 Likes

I agree. Its also why I wonder if Blizzard would just make the Revantusk playable, while boosting their numbers by having Amani dissidents join them.

4 Likes

Sharing because it honestly makes me wonder if we could see the Strom’ka’s effect in use or even have it mentioned as it was using during the Troll Wars against the Amani Empire.

2 Likes