"Forced" to do LFR for tier pieces?

Back in WoD, there were complaints from certain sections of the community that didn’t want tier pieces to drop in LFR, otherwise they felt “forced” to do that content. I think there was even a period in earlier WoD where tier pieces weren’t even dropping in LFR (although my memory is spotty on this).

What do players think now? Should LFR drop tier pieces?

I, for one, welcome this. I don’t mind going into LFR (especially if I queue with a bunch of guild / raid colleagues) and blasting a few bosses quickly if it means we get another chance at a tier piece. It helps if you’ve had bad RNG in the other raid difficulties.

8 Likes

Those type of players are still around :+1:

8 Likes

It’s hilarious that the “muh excloosive” cries exist in the context of borrowed power. :clown_face:

16 Likes

i can’t wait to watch tons of threads from LFR players complaining about toxicity because they have to play with MDI/RWF/Elitist players :joy:

2 Likes

Elitist complaining that they have to do “tivial” content for themselves so they can gain less than 1% power that they don’t need can complain all day long. They can wait the extra week or two for the drop in their normal raid if they want. Gaining that fraction of a fraction percent upgrade doesn’t really matter for 99% of the player base.

And why should anyone dictate how much fun someone else can have? Can I say that you should never have X achievement because of Y reason? Or never get this mount, this pet, or this transmog? How about because you don’t put in 80 hour work weeks in a game, you can’t have a bottle of OJ in your fridge for Sunday brunch? These are all the same things.

Play the game how you want to play it. If someone get a piece of lower level gear that helps them progress in content then let them. If the 1% wants to waist their time farming that piece of gear, then let them. Just think how it is directly affecting you and is it going to affect others.

21 Likes

Ahh but you see that was because LFR Tier set bonuses for LFR were different and quite frankly broken thats why Heroic Raiders felt forced to do it.

Now theyre all the same only difference is ilvl.

So im guessing no they don’t feel forced to do it

1 Like

They should. No game will just give you every want and need. There will be things you dislike. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I think they should. In fact LFR should be a viable casual end game, which at least resembles group content, unlike farming new dailies solo, for example.

Cutting edge players shouldn’t define game design.

26 Likes

To be fair, it’s not “less than 1%” gain in power if you get a piece that completes your bonus, which is the main purpose of why they’d be running LFR.

3 Likes

Wow, you will be shocked to find out how strong the set bonuses are.

4 Likes

I think it is an excellent way to bring the whole raiding community together in service of a common goal and maybe get some folks’ heads out of their buttocks.

3 Likes

I wonder if they will be as vocal as they once were. Clearly, they were very vocal years ago as Blizzard did remove tier set pieces out of LFR, for a time.

1 Like

I do have one piece from LFR but I don’t think it’s obligatory. I’ve been able to make the highest legendary without needing it. The maw mobs are easy enough without the bonus, and it’s largely useless next patch coming out soon.

1 Like

Well they all say LFR is easy, faceroll content. So it shouldn’t be that much of an inconvenience.

11 Likes

Of course, it should drop tier pieces. Also, as everyone else says no one is “forced” to do any content.

6 Likes

LFR dropping tier parts isn’t an issue. As a raider you would probably be farming lower tier content anyways for them. This just gives you another tier if you are a normal raider.

I think full LFR should open week 1. Nothing wrong with going to LFR as a guild and seeing the fights before you step into heroic the next week.

4 Likes

Blizzard and its players say that every day!

1 Like

It’s still a raid. This has been a thing since Cata. There’s nothing different about earning tier in Normal, working up to Heroic tier and earning tier in LFR, working up to Normal or Heroic.

I don’t know why people make a big deal out of this. No one is forced into anything.

2 Likes

The people who complained about that were so small in numbers as to be completely negligible I think.

I’ve always assumed the driving force behind them removing tier sets from LFR was as an incentive to push lower end players into Normal-mode raiding (encouraging low end players to join guilds / socialize more).

Not saying it worked out that way, just that I always assumed that that was the primary motivation. A lot of people were motivated by tier sets, and LFR not rewarding them meant you could either give up on those set bonuses or you could push up to a higher difficulty.

1 Like