For those against sharding at launch

You say that, but BfA crashes if 200 people are in the same area.

3 Likes

^ This. 10 chars

People STILL REMEMBER how epic aq was despite the negatives.

Think about that. Vanilla survived and thrived despite no sharding.
You’re argument is invalid.

2 Likes

We don’t know why that is, considering that Tarren Mill vs Southshore, we used to regularly have upwards of 200 people either side, with more flying in, before they introduced battle grounds.

WoW was the only real game in town back then. There are other MMOs people can play that don’t have those issues.

If Classic has these issues, EVER, it’s going to put a black mark on its record and you can kiss any and all hopes of future success with it good-bye.

Coming from the person who didn’t even play vanilla this doesn’t mean much.

1 Like

I agree. I don’t know why the game used to be MORE stable than it is now. Well, at least more able to handle big numbers.

1 Like

From what I remember from AQ the problem wasn’t as much the servers as it was the clients. Our server crashed once I think but the clients had like 3 FPS constantly, obviously that’s going to change since we have a lot better hardware in our homes these days.

At least I don’t have an “I played Vanilla so I know better than you” bias.

And if you shard classic it doesn’t offer us what we want.

1 Like

If what you want from Classic basically boils down to only sharding, you need to re-think your priorities. There’s more to the game than that.

There’s consistently over 150 people around the AH in Stormwind on Stormrage during weekends. If you meant BfA crashes when 100 players are fighting against another 100 players? Yeah, probably, or at least it’ll lag to unplayable levels.

There was other games back then stop lieing.

None of them were even remotely as successful as the games out today.

It was both. Most AQ openings had Kalimdor crash at least once or twice completely, and only those with the best computers could stay online. I was lucky that I’d literally upgraded mine a few weeks beforehand to the best I could buy.

Possibly the introduction of a whole pile of extra stuff that Vanilla doesn’t have, so that putting the new platform and the old game together is the best of both worlds and AQ doesn’t crash.

Remember now that instead of 3 servers, each realm is spread over a dozen servers at least, with the ability to add more power as required.

Because the same number of players now produce far more computations than they did years ago. I also disagree that it’s “worse” now than it was. Every video I can find of massive PvP battles from every era had terrible lag.

Who would better know how hard playing basketball is? The pros or the guy in the bleachers?

1 Like

People are willing to put up with a lot more than Blizzard gives them credit for. And cow-towing to a vocal minority in an attempt to remove any potential inconvenience has lead to an empty and shallow game that hardly resembles an mmorpg.

1 Like

You’re seriously comparing WoW to basketball?

What does it say about a person’s mindset when they basically admit that even retail is not convenient enough for them?