For those against sharding at launch

Then stick it out. That’s the thing about choices.

1 Like

Typically players switch servers in groups. Whole guilds switch servers all the time.

I think the split of the playerbase would be rather even given the choice. All those world first, hardcore, want to rush to 60 and start raiding will go to sharded servers, since it’ll be much easier to do there. And also the more casual players who want that convenient early level experience. The non-sharded ones will be for people who basically…want that crazy chaotic mmo experience of tons of people right out the gate.

As far as that guy’s concerns about ego and not rolling on a ‘legit’ Classic server…put your ego aside. No one will even care after sharding is taken away from those servers.

“limited number of servers” plus “free access no extra cost to subscription” means that there will be a literal sea of people in the Barrens. At least for the first month or two.

Having 50 people camping each spawn point in the Barrens was not my Vanilla experience. There’s a difference between authentic, and far from playable.

1 Like

Also, Guild Server Transfer was not a Vanilla option. Hell paid server transfers weren’t until TBC.

#NoChanges = No transfers.

I have to say, looking at the people posting. Why is it the people with almost no achievement points who are demanding an “authentic” experience. I mean, when TBC pre-patch was released with Achievement points, I had over 1200 from the outset. So when people with 30 Achievement points tell me “what’s what”, it really doesn’t seem like they’re coming from a position of ‘experience.’.

But unpaid servers transfers were…

Only for dead realms.

Do you want dead realms? Because that’s how you get dead realms.

You can post with any of your characters on this forum. Do I have enough achievement points to have an opinion you’ll listen to? By the way, achievement points didn’t come with the TBC pre-patch… glass houses and all that.

It seems like people either want absolutely no sharding, ever, no matter what or some sharding during launch. I believe the “no sharding ever” crowd has this stance because the player base that Classic is catering to is a player base which has completely lost all faith in Blizzard to do what they say. The concern isn’t that sharding for a very limited time in starting zones would wreck everyone’s social experience in the game, it’s that once Blizzard does it there, they’ll probably push to do it during the AQ event or during large world PvP events which will truly ruin the experience. Or worse, as in the case mentioned by the RP folks, just implement it without saying anything. This group doesn’t want this precedent set.

The other group still has some faith in Blizzard and don’t mind it during launch to help things go smooth.

The irrational arguments have been intentionally left out.

1 Like

My bad. Lich King. Its been 11 years…

I’ll accept that. I’ve been playing WoW for nearly 15 years, so I have faith that they know they’ll lose the target market if sharding is used for more than the starter or 1-20 zones.

The AQ event is definitely not in a starter zone.

Emerald Dream.

This is my vanilla main hence why posting on him.

My faith in Blizzard is pretty low, but I also don’t want an hour+ queue time at launch. I guess I’m a fence sitter at the moment. The news post from the RP server that got sharding introduced without announcement after having it removed is what gave me cause for concern. That appears to demonstrate a lack of integrity from Blizzard.

1 Like

Uh, Paid Realm Transfers were in the game before TBC went live as I recall. It is something they have specifically addressed as TBD on Blizzard’s part. Aside from the whole “No Character transfers to/from Classic & Retail.”

I certainly remember “playing catch the realm xfer/name change” on Mannoroth during the last several months of Vanilla. Census+ and WarcraftRealms were great for doing that.

Tell that to the less than level 5 characters that are going to try to be there for the first realms to open the gates.

Now whos using broad sweeping generalizations?

There are many many factors, internal and external, that has hurt the game we love. And FYI Wow is not dead. Can we stop with that foolishness?

I am sorry your experience on your server took a nose dive.

Crap man. I am subbed now just to make sure I don’t miss anything for classic launch, but I don’t feel like playing BFA anymore. Its just not… fun for me. I do want to try and relive some of the past.

But can we STOP with the infighting and drawing sides? Please? Everyone in this thread wants the best for Classic and wants it to be a hit!!

It’s not cancer.
You can do you.
But please man. Just… come on.

And this is mine. And he and I have had a lot of good times… and bad times together.

It’s too bad that zones are not based upon an individual’s character level.

Taking a newly created level and making a corpse run to Silithus does not make Silithus a “starting area” or “starting zone”.