For the four of you that still want covenants locked

There is nothing restricting you from starting a new class.

There are things restricting you from experimenting and maneuvering around Covenants.

And again, it is totally acceptable to be okay with the philosophy behind some restrictions and not all. That point needs to get drilled into your head.

…because feedback typically needs to be given before production of a patch to be used?

That’s why I’m on PTR all the time testing, you know, before the patch comes out?

If you want to play two different classes, you will need to level up two different characters. If you want to play two different factions, you will need to level up two different characters. If you want to play two different Covenants, you will need to level up two different characters.

I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.

1 Like

Two of the three things you listed are permanent features of the base game.

One of the three is a temporary expansion feature with limited time to explore and enjoy that has no carry over to the next expansion.

2 Likes

If classes all went away every time a new expansion came out and were replaced with different ones, you better believe there would be a lot of negative feedback on them.

If you want to side with two different Shattrath City faction, you will need to level up two different characters.

What? Aldor/Scryer were not a permanent game feature? But Ddzz said choices only apply to permanent game features!

Side-note: Ion has said in his interview with Preach that they’re reviewing what will carry out of the Shadowlands given concerns about borrowed power not feeling permanent. Whose to say what we won’t take from the expansion?

Aldor and Scryer were total non factors to your gameplay. They offered absolutely no new abilities or talents. They offered quickly replacable gear.

If that’s all Covenants offered nobody would care at all.

1 Like

Unless the next expansion remains on the world of the Shadowlands, that is thematically impossible.

Nah, you know what, I’m done. The moving the goal posts is too much for me.

2 Likes

You have made so many pathetic attempts to duck and dodge arguments you have no answers for and then you dwell on the silliest stuff when you decide to tag yourself back into the discussion. I literally never said there weren’t permanent choices.

Respond to the 30 other posts you’ve ignored. Thanks.

As long as there is a forum and they say they want feed back from us , then it is always up for discussion .

1 Like

Also going through profiles of people who offer up the “JUST QUIT THE GAME HA HA”, almost all very solo oriented players which isn’t really surprising they don’t understand the impact of both lessening the player pool from people quitting and also lessening the player pool through covenants and conduit energy restricting enjoyment of multiple game modes.

Falls back to the people who would never step into content that would have them wanting to switch builds preaching about how there should be consequences preventing build switching because those consequences would never apply to them

Daddy Ion should of never used the words ripcord during the Preach interview in the first place . His words are responsible for getting the ripcord movement going. He said it before launch and before he said there is no ripcord.

If you don’t like that some of us would like it to happen you and others like you can quit this thread , kind of like how you tell all of us we can quit the game if we don’t like an aspect of it.

Because it should of happened before this expansion launched

1 Like

Yeah, I got KSM and AotC completely solo :rofl:

Instead of more droning about pull the ripcord this, scrap that… offer suggestions for improving the system within the design goals Blizzard set out. Maybe having different soulbinds for different content, the way we can currently have different soulbinds by spec. Or let us swap soulbinds outside of the sanctum so that you can have a PvP setup and a PvE setup within the same spec. But a complete free-for-all on covenant abilities is something they’ve repeatedly said they have no plans for.

1 Like

Were you one of the people suggesting to quit the game? If not then that post doesn’t apply to you does it?

Fully unlocking them is the best suggestion because it brings the compromise closer to that.

1 Like

It was Kyrian or Venthir for me, and both of them have lore that can fit with paladin. As far as the lego? It is one of like 3-4 “BIS”, and I don’t currently change from my “all rounder”.

There are times when the meta matches the lore for players, and there are also players that like to have decent power even if they go for more the RP aspect.

However, you might have missed the part about letting others play as they like, as well as the slaves complaining about their chosen things getting nerfed. I don’t care if people in my group are Necrolord paladin or Kyrian warlock, as long as they are able to make it work for them.

Am I a meta slave? maybe a bit, on a personal level, but I choose things based on lore AND power, so I might not choose the top but I am at least in the top 2-3 (Kyrian on Hunter, Night Fae is the meta for them) outside of sticking a character in something to meet a goal (1 of each armor type in each covenant).

1 Like

I have been in the game since vanilla, so I have seen balance thrown to the wind and come close, but it has never been a perfect balance. I also don’t PvP that much but I have seen people say things along those lines.

For ones like me, Balance would be everything within 10% of each other performance wise. The game has come close to that, at least programming wise, but then balance is skewed by the players who see that one is at the top and the others, while viable, are lacking comparatively, the kind of thing that would be better fixed by bringing the others up instead of nerfing the top.

1 Like

Is this not like, noticably ironic to you?