For the four of you that still want covenants locked

…what would be stopping you from just not swapping covenants? You know, if they pulled the ripcord. Why could you still not make the choice to stick with 1 covenant if it means something to you, while others who think it has absolutely no meaning to them switch around?

Like, I’ve never once told somebody I’m a night fae Warlock. I just say I’m a Warlock. I do not care about covenants at all. It means absolutely 0 to me which covenant I am.

Why do you need the system to punish and restrict everyone when so few of you actually want to be locked into one, while the overwhelming majority appears to want to be able to more freely switch? Even from a storyline standpoint it makes no sense that we can’t. From a gameplay standpoint it only hurts a game with already decreasing participation.

Why so much concern over other peoples’ characters? Is it because you’re worried you’d be pressured to to get into groups?

Because if that’s the case, you guys should be able to seek out each other if there’s enough of you for this current system to make sense where you can play together with your locked choices rather than gimping everyone else’s desire to play more areas of the game, different specs, builds, etc…

…but if you’re worried that you wouldn’t be able to find others like you, maybe that’s because this idea sucks?

87 Likes

It’s doesn’t matter what we, the players, want. Ion won’t give up on that idea and is prepared to make it even worse.
You can like or dislike it, in the end Ion has made it clear that it is staying and if we are not satisfied we are welcome to leave.

37 Likes

The four. How cute.

23 Likes

I like the covenant choice. There is no ripcord.

19 Likes

Great, that doesn’t answer the question though. Please stay on topic.

4 Likes

Pretty dumb decision to stick to their guns on the Covenant issue.

12 Likes

I’m on topic. There’s no ripcord and some people like having choices in RPGs.

36 Likes

You didn’t answer my question.

“…what would be stopping you from just not swapping covenants?”

Why could you still not make the choice to stick with 1 covenant if it means something to you, while others who think it has absolutely no meaning to them switch around?

21 Likes

But to restrict other players for immersion makes for good quality gameplay right?

16 Likes

You can swap convenants.

8 Likes

I know you can, but I said to switch around. Obviously meaning without the arbitrary restrictions and two week cooldown.

And you again ignored the question. I’ll ask for a third time before reporting you for trolling my thread.

“…what would be stopping you from just not swapping covenants?

Why could you still not make the choice to stick with 1 covenant if it means something to you, while others who think it has absolutely no meaning to them switch around?"

8 Likes

Nothing would be stopping them from just not swapping covenants.

7 Likes

Good point.

2 Likes

They should increase the wait time if anything

I’m a DK so I gotta make sure people are suffering

13 Likes

You know…you could have just sent em to Ardenweald…they all come to us eventually anyways… like we make a whole art form of finding ways of torturing people with glitter…

6 Likes

I have no problem with pulling the ripcord. Honestly I’d switch a few characters as well but that recent interview suggest they don’t feel that it is worth it.

I’d wager why they don’t feel it is worth it because everyone who expresses any dislike of the being locked status are still playing.

So I’ll ask for the people who are dying for them to make the change, to pull the ripcord, because the game seems to be unplayble/unbearable why are we still playing?

Or is the rest of the game fun enough that can live with the locked status? Because making posts here or anywhere else making claims how trash/bad/terrible/etc the game is but remain logging in, remain playing, then what you’re actually saying is you’re okay but just a tad upset but it will fade.

Two options: Enjoy the covenant system to the fullest you’re able to or quit and check back in later in the expansion or next. When quitting make sure the listed reason is how the covenant system is being handled.

Then I guess that would be the way it would be?..

You bash me for not answering your question. And threaten to report me as a troll because I think your thread is pointless and asks quite a dumb “what if” question.

It it was designed that way then I guess it would be designed that way and we would be constantly switching covenants. Which makes zero sense. You choose them. you can switch them, and your still unhappy.

Not sure what to tell ya.

9 Likes

If you don’t want to answer the question (or, more likely, if you can’t), which is the entire point of the thread, you don’t have to say anything.

7 Likes

Basically just an answer to the question in the OP

3 Likes

The same people arguing to give casuals mythic raid gear are the ones saying you shouldn’t be able to change covenants freely

Ironic isn’t it. “but it doesn’t affect you”

3 Likes