For levelling 1-60, what spec of Warrior should I be running in pre-patch?

As the title says, due to the XP buff I’ve decided to level a Warrior, what is recommended for the WOTLK pre-patch. Prot, Fury or Arms? What are the advantages/disadvantages of them?

1 Like

I don’t know.

Safe money is on Arms or possibly fury, I don’t think Prot has enough damage output or self healing to be really good for leveling solo.

I’m going Arms.

Arms requires fewer weapons to maintain/upgrade but once you reach the specializations level in the tree you feel forced to pick one and pigeon-hole yourself or go with other talents. I think Poleaxe is the generally recommended choice. Fury you have to upgrade both weapons more often, but when you upgrade your main hand often you can switch the old main to your off-hand. Some people find fury to be a lot more fun, but I don’t think it’s quite as efficient as arms.

1 Like

This is not a direct answer to your question (because I’m no expert on Warriors in Wrath), but this website might give you some ideas:

Check out the entire website, not just that page.

If you like slow hits go arms

other wise fury it is, most prefer fury

you’d level better as prot spamming dungeons

1 Like

Arms is pretty nuts as soon as you get sweeping strikes. Sweeping-whirlwind-cleave will instantly demolish whole packs of 5-6 mobs. Glyph of sweeping helps too.

if you make a macro to use all those (You can add bloodrage after sweeping if you don’t use the sweeping glyph), and spam it right before your swing hits, you will get out all 10 charges before the buff ends

It’s purely your prefereance but Arms is typically the go to for leveling until you will likely switch to Fury in later phases of the expansion (if you’re a raider, that is)

1 Like

prot is top dps and fastest to level in prepatch environment

4 Likes

Prot is the best leveling spec. It does great damage for being a tank and can pull a ton of mobs at a time.

5 Likes

Even 1-60?

With the amount of damage that Revenge does, and its ability to hit (2) enemies each time, and its low-rage cost, Protection would be the best overall spec to choose while levelling. It also supports survivability, as well.

2 Likes

Agreed.

Prot is the most damage and best survivability for leveling warriors in WotLK.

3 Likes

Yes because whenever you dodge block or party you get to press revenge and around level 20 you get improved revenge so it cleaves

Prot is no question the best leveling spec for warriors. You do just as much damage as arms and fury (if not more revenge is insane) with twice the sustain.

2 Likes

Warrior is dog doo doo in PvE until TOGC Gear ICC

1 Like

prot, revenge is op and it’s much easier to find dungeon party

2 Likes

Sure, but OP wanted info about Warriors, so I provided info.

I agree with you and I probably wouldn’t play a Warrior in Wrath either.

soon as you get revenge, protection.

1 Like

prot is the way

2 Likes

there 2 specs you do

they both revolve around a ‘prot’ build, but most points are going into

a. arms
or
b. fury

option A is super easy-- probably the most OP melee build atm
It puts revenge on pretty much a zero cd.

the bonus is that revenge is hitting for realyl big damage.
ungeared, yur revenges will hit for 2k to 4.5k

in full brutal ive seem 9k+ revenges.

option b revolves around using a shield and titan spec fromt he fury tree so you use a 2h weapon and shield-- this is the fury prot spec.

Just google/youtube these specs and itll show you the breakdown.

somewhat with revenge you go deep into arms and have jsut basic prot shield talents