For levelling 1-60, what spec of Warrior should I be running in pre-patch?

Prot to imp revenge then dump everything into arms or fury. At 58 respec back into imp revenge then down arms to revenge cd reduction. Anyone who tells you arms or fury doesn’t play warrior or know what they are talking about.

Is Warrior really THAT bad in Wrath or are people being dramatic?

People are being dramatic. if theres a buff in ulduar ilvl you can probably go fury for uld, and be fine. like being arms for half the xpac and fury the second half is meta, you’ll get out dps’d by sweaties, but like what else is new?

Unless you wanna be sweaty, if so id suggest you go fdk through ulduar and then switch mains to warrior

You can look at my parses if you wanna see im not a rando i have decent knowledge about this stuff

Also just an FYI, the same level of doom and gloom was there for fury in phase 1 tbc and almost immediately fury was ballin straight into TK SSC. So i wouldnt worry too much.

3 Likes

Double question because I trust someone who actually plays Warrior. What about Prot warrior is it viable for dungeons/raids etc?

It is absolutely viable. By ICC I believe it ends up being the worst of all tanks, but you can still kill Heroic Arthas with a warrior main tank. My memory and knowledge of specifics isn’t great so I’m not going to pass on what might be incorrect data. But rest assured Warriors can tank Normal Dungeons, Heroics, and all Raids.

1 Like

All tanks are more than viable and have plenty of tools for all hardmode/heroic content.

That being said, paladin and bdk are just better on alot of levels, while prot warrior does do a decent bit more dps on both single target and aoe, its not enough damage to make up for the obscene amount of BDK personal cooldowns, or the pairing of paladins cheat death + DSac (which is raidwide 20% DR 2m cd + AOE BoSac ) which is one of the most broken defensive cds ever introduced into wow.

The unfortunate reality is as a tank we are generally the breaking point for alot of guilds attempts and bdk or prot paladin can make up for alot of healer and dps error on the bleeding edge.

If youre in a dad guild not running splits, not sweaty, you can def kill H25 LK and 0L yogg, you can get there and do the content just fine as a warrior. also warrior is super fun!

2 Likes

The fact is, without RDF your best option is to focus on DPS for leveling.

Edit: at 40, if you have access to 1k gold, you can dual spec

Stop derailing the thread.

1 Like

It has been brought to my attention by players more knowledgeable on all things warrior - that Prot is actually faster and more efficient than either Arms or Fury due to the damage and cleave of Revenge combined with prot’s inherently superior survivability. Regardless of being in any sort of group. I’ll have to test it out myself.

1 Like

Just hit 70 with my warrior partner (both are alts) and we have 4/4 of the Undead Slaying set but just leveling gear otherwise. He leveled with the A spec and revenge is hitting for 3-5k with 7-8k big 'uns. It’s been super fun and he just keeps on slaying while we have no down time. If you are looking for fast, fun leveling, OP, take the suggestion for that build when you get Revenge.

Not really.

They aren’t the best tanks, and when talking about melee DPS, there are better options.

Not saying they are terrible by any means. If OP wants to play one, I say do what makes you happy. I say that with the caveat that other classes might get picked for groups before a Warrior though.

If a group is making choices based on the max level meta while leveling I’d say you’re better off not being selected by those groups. It is, of course, less fun to not be able to get into any groups at all.

1 Like

Nah theyd be bad. Prot warrior is the premier Heroic tank specc and fury is incredible in heroics.

Warriors should never get passed over for 5 mans at all ever, if you do, youre bad.

In 5 mans, CDs are meaningless no other tank is as fast or does as much damage as warrior, and thats all that matters

My main in OG burning Crusade and wrath was a warrior and I remember protection Warriors being absolutely broken when rats came out.

I remember doing insane damage in Battlegrounds being protection spec. Revenge does do a lot of damage and between Shield slam and Shockwave, protection gives you a lot of survivability while still doing a pretty decent amount of damage.

I don’t think that you could go wrong going arms or Fury either but for once I think the more tanky spec is actually pretty viable for PVE leveling.

As someone currently lvling a warrior (lvl 27-36 tonight) Arms is really good at this lvl.

There’s a talent that makes rend 100% proc overpower.

You basically charge a mob, victory rush, rend, overpower, execute, on repeat.

1 Like

As a warrior main, I’ll tell you Arms is the solid choice especially for a beginner.
Fury can be faster yes if you know what you’re doing.

Prot warrior is fun. Dungeon spamming and doing tons of aoe damage with your thunder clap revenge cleave spam. Revenge hits like a truck for an ability on a 5 second CD that just requires a dodge or block to proc. It also hits 2 mobs at once so while your kill speed on a single mob may be less than other classes, you can pull 2-5 mobs and spam double hit revenge.

Shield block is effectively a 10 second bubble warriors get against melee damage

1 Like

Insanely good trash clear. Thats about it though

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.