For goodness sake, nerf shamans already

You need a dedicated raid to fight a shaman.

In phase 1 of the shaman fight it’s very helpful to have a silence or dispel. You want to try to silence before flame shock, if you’re unable to you need your group to dispel the effect immediately. It helps if you have a mostly ranged composition so you can spread out, or if you have multiple priests to dispel.

In phase 2, if flame shock is active, you’ll want your entire team to use greater fire protection potions. This is the most dangerous phase as the shaman can easily send out 2 lava bursts per gcd. Your healers should save all cds for this phase.

If you survive phase 2, then it’s back to phase 1. Keep in mind the shaman can also instantly heal themselves to full and regenerate their entire mana pool. Don’t worry about prebuffs either, they will all get dispelled anyways.

If you manage to disable the flame shock then you’ll enter phase 3. This is the only chance you have to win. The shaman AI will likely begin to cast chain lightning. You will want a rogue/warrior/mage available to interrupt it. If you get the interrupt in then you have a brief window where you can start doing damage.

If you manage to kill them, be warned they can self res and you’ll be back at phase 1 again.

3 Likes

shaman main detected

aaaaaaaaaaand he’s healed himself to full.

^if this happens (as it likely will), it’s an indication that your raid cannot sustain the DPS needed to clear this encounter. Maybe spend a few more weeks gearing your team up, reviewing logs, and consider mandating full consumes/WB’s for your next attempt.

4 Likes

hey goofy goober the forums had me as level 40 til like last week. I’m pretty positive Kiryah is 50 lmao

1 Like

How do you do against Mages, Boomkins, Sp? Just curious

Give Warriors spell reflect it would be a good start. Maybe a range stun? forgot its name.

What they need to nerf is the ability to make more nerf shaman threads. My god you people need to go touch grass.

Person telling people to touch grass while too scared to post on an actual character. You scared of grass aswell?

4 Likes

shaman says “stop making nerf shaman threads!”

more news at 11

3 Likes

the nerf bat is coming Ruug, there’s no escaping it

2 Likes

bro if anyone is losing against mages regularly in P3 they should reconsider PVP altogether. I feel so bad for mages

1 Like

eyes you warily

Ok…where is your mage alt?

1 Like

100% agree Eles need some tuning in pvp. However, some posters on here just want them nerfed into the ground.

2 Likes

I mean this is the SoD dev team we’re talking about here, "ok you can’t run double rockbiter and getting 2-3x the attack power of other melee anymore while shrugging off damage like a T-1000 Terminator…

enjoy riptide+mental dex buffing your MSW healing now :slight_smile:

have 200 spell power on the house :slight_smile: "

Do I need to bring up the original divine storm?

Cuz I will go there.

I don’t have the patience to play a caster, especially one as squishy as mage, but all my mage friends quit and even before they did, they had a terrible time in p3 :frowning:

all I know is in all the DR tests, they’re still almost as squishy as they were before but now it takes them even longer to kill while hard casting stuff. at least poly reset was worth doing without DR, now they just heal you to full and OOM lmao

That reminds me, buff Divine Storm. yes

1 Like

it was strong at level 25 sure, but it’s weaker than hammer of the righteous now and nothing about it has even been changed, it was just strong at level 25 context when classes were missing half their buttons

Bro just spam cleanse on GCD while they beat you to death. Thats how you beat them.

3 Likes

Strong…

It was a literal horrifying hurricane of divine light.

I had a better word in mind, but the forums wouldnt allow it :frowning:

2 Likes

Make Hammer of Righteousness usable with a 2 hander and triple the proc rate of Seal of Command. Don’t be afraid Blizz, it’s time