For goodness sake, nerf shamans already

ive been playing all day on my warrior in pvp and the second the shaman appears its just lava burst lava burst chain lightning dead. is this some kind of joke? it happens all at once and cant even get a pummel in to make it matter since its all instant cast.

8 Likes

Just do more damage.

4 Likes

just get ur teammates on discord and coordinate a burn phase on said shaman. Also, u need 3 dedicated interrupts and a good healer to make this work

7 Likes

u must have bad gear cos it feels like whoever wins is about rng when it comes to 1v1. have warbringer and taste for blood runes on > attack. use fear if they snare you and you’re in range to do so - assuming both charges are on cd.

if you’re talking world pvp yes they will destroy you from range much like mages, spriests and boomies do.

First time SoD?

Shamans being left blatantly overpowered is one of their favorite tools in ensuring that SoD pvp is unfun which is their main intention with pvp.

It killed SoD just like they wanted so why would they fix something that’s working for getting players to Cata/remix?

3 Likes

This was your first mistake.

Nerf Paladins

2 Likes

buff warriors. we deserve to be stronger

Now I know you are trolling…

Why didn’t you get out of the way?

yer bro just dodge the elemental blasts

2 Likes

my gear isnt the greatest, but i attest that to my weapon atm which is the blademaster edge from the rune quest, tho i will have parasomnia soon, however i dont see how having that will solve me being globalled by a shaman.

ok well yeah you deffs need the STV sword to start with… if you’re still confused afterwards maybe do you want to tell us how you open on a Shaman and we can talk about what you’d wanna do different?

i pressure them and keep on them as much as possible but once they attack the damage is just insanely wild, like in normal classic i felt like when i would warrior pressure and hamstring them they had a much harder time bursting, but lava burst multi casts into instant chain lightning just seems poorly designed and overpowered, we dont have spell reflect how is it right that they can impunitively do instant win damage like that?

ele sham can trigger multi-cast yer, that will always be a big problem. whenever I dip to like 50% i like to blow the 15% health rune. that’s why I said it comes down to rng, if he multi-cast chain crits you in a row you will have a bad time but that is where more stam will help out right.

it also depends on their skill level. do you MS off charge or do you rend or do you hamstring? MS stops a lot of their healing so when you open with that you’re hoping for a crit, rend sets you up for an overpower proc which is almost guaranteed crit - but if they immediately start kiting with slowing totem and frost shock; than hamstring seems like the best opener. generally i go for hamstring>rend for later guaranteed crit with OP> than MS for healing reduction. if they are kiting you, back off and intercept > back to battle stance for the OP proc should be up now, ect ect.

and then if you’re snared or slowed significantly a second time… then you can pop fear-- it doesn’t matter if bleeds break it just so long as it stops their cast.

it happens way too often. whatever is allowing them to cast that hard that frequently in instant cast globals needs to be reworked to where A. It isnt this consistant and B. it does reduced damage when procs. its too much damage.

i don’t the specifics on their multi-cast proc chance; maybe a shammy can step in and clarify for us.
but when I charged into an ele 1v1 we came out pretty even.

but with OP being almost a guaranteed crit (assuming ur arms because fury is bad for pvp) than so long as you get one other crit you will have a nice advantage

Does 3-4 GCDs uncontested count as globalled?

if the lava thingy multi-casts and crits that could be a complete global but I rarely see this happen. more often than not it is spriests critting for 1.7k

1 global means 1 global. dont act like it doesnt happen.