For god's sakes let me block two battlegrounds like before

Yes, that was one of the failures of the blacklist system. I love AV and I can tolerate IoC.

I should never have had to blacklist maps I enjoy so that I could get reasonable queue times. Jugaa is right. A 20 minute queue would go down to 5-6 minutes if Alliance blocked AV and IoC (because Horde mass-blacklisted those two maps because “IMBALANCE”)

1 Like

How do you figure? Horde like WG so they wouldn’t blacklist it. Alliance likely would blacklist it.

Thank god someone remembers.

Factor in the amount of alliance cycling in and out of wintergrasp. At least 20 leave upon entrance/shortly after and thats lowballing it. Thats at LEAST half an epic raid sitting out with deserter instead of playing.

Add in the people who are forced to backfill and thats taking more alliance players out of what would be another epic.

Add in when alliance is on offense and fails spectacularly. Thats 45 minutes of 40 alliance sitting there not being put into another epic.

1 Like

And Horde likes WG (not all but a lot) so they wouldn’t BL it.

It doesn’t matter. It only matters if you are specifically queuing for wintergrasp. You’d have more AV/IOC games going and lower queue times as a result.

Okay, here is the other thing… IF the Epic BGs were the issue, then that problem has been effectively avoided. (And all Horde’s fault.) I say give it back for one BG for regulars and we’ll see what happens then.

1 Like

Wrong because Horde would blacklist one or the other, or all three and cause problems for the matchmaking system.

Why would they blacklist any epics?

Are you kidding? I’d blacklist IoC in a heartbeat if I actually could. You know, blacklisting was “supposed” to be to avoid BGs you dislike, but what really happens is one faction or both, avoid the BG they lose the most. And likely why Blizz doesn’t like that feature.

3 Likes

Then thats on you. Cant complain about queue times on the overpopulated faction if you blacklist something the underpopulated one is willing to play.

1 Like

Not what blacklist is about.

If epics were the issue: A) Horde started it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and B) blacklisting would work differently in regulars unless there is a BG that one faction wins over the other? I wouldn’t know which one that would be. I just hate repeats.

I really don’t think there would ever be a problem (not that there was a problem in the first place with blacklisting).

The horde wins the majority of epics no matter the battleground. Blacklisting one where alliance aren’t /afking out of immediately is your problem.

Blacklisting is not meant to be used on the sole concept of “my faction loses this” But that’s what it turned into, so Blizz scrapped it.

All I hear is horde whining that queue times are too long, yet wouldn’t want to solve the problem by letting the alliance blacklist one that increases your queue times the most. lol

Better clean those ears out then bud.

Care to elaborate?

This post from 4 years ago lol https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17084478837#post-19

Okay. 3 BGs. 1 faction mass blacklisting a BG and the other faction likely blacklisting any 3. If you don’t see how detrimental this would be on the matchmaking process, idk what to tell you. You’d have better luck asking for 1 for the regular BGs like Taiv is.