For god's sakes let me block two battlegrounds like before

I don’t want to have to play seething shore and eye of the storm. They are the two battlegrounds that make me want to quit the game forever. I hate them. I hate their mechanics, their artwork, and everything (literally) about them.

There are zero redeeming qualities about these battlegrouds to me and it genuinely puts me in a bad mood when i get them, to the point that i will leave the battleground the SECOND i see it, and hop on an alt.

Please blizzard. I beg you. I would pay 20 dollars a month if that what your master Activision demands you. I would pay 20 dollars a month to be able to block two battlegrounds again. If a few people quit because of this, so be it. I would gladly pay even 30 dollars a month to be able to block battlegrounds again.

My time and my ability to have fun is more important than a numerical value. I havnt been able to play a Battleground in almost an hour now because i keep getting eye of the storm and seething shore.

There is N O reason why the block battleground mechanic should not be in the game. None. At all.

16 Likes

I would just love to block WG.

7 Likes

they will never give us two back but it would be nice to have at least ONE bg to block…

6 Likes

If your time and your ability to have fun is at stake, queue specifically for maps you do enjoy.

Blacklisting was bad for the game so they killed it. The end.

2 Likes

nah blacklisting wasn’t bad for the game

it was a great feature for player choice and player agency

bliz has just been unable to solve q time disparities so they killed off blacklisting hoping it would improve

it hasn’t, q times are as bad as ever most of the time

8 Likes

They would be worse.

1 Like

How do I block snowflakes who keeps crying ? Just because you hate seething shore and eye of the storm doesn’t mean everyone hates them . I like both of them .

1 Like

I don’t understand the h8 for EotS.

5 Likes

Just bring back bg weekends again.
Or during the brawl off weeks, take out 1 bg from the random rotation and put it where the brawl is, giving the same rewards as random queue so people can play the maps they enjoy and not miss out on the already pitiful honor rewards.

2 Likes

I’ll heal any BG, even if it’s any WG. You have a problem with that, fite me. :slight_smile:

I’m of two minds on this.

I tended to blacklist Silvershard and Deepwind Gorge for similar reasons as OP says for Seething and EotS. Mainly I hate minecarts. The side-effect of that is that I didn’t really learn how to play them. Recently I’ve gotten a lot better at Silvershard and I don’t mind the gameplay, although I hate the environment and the aesthetic. Seething Shore I get tired of sometimes, but part of the reason is that so many other people dislike it so strongly so it has a bit of a stigma.

SSM, SS, and DWG are still my “groaners”, but once I’m in there chasing people around I don’t really mind.

I think, especially for Epic BG’s, there should be an optional “soft blacklist” that could prevent you from getting the same BG again until you’ve rotated through the others.

Seething Shore and Silvershard Mines would be my blacklist. Even if I could just block one, I would block Seething Shore. Well, I guess I would toggle between the two.

How can you hate EoTS? It’s pretty decent. But I guess it could be annoying when people get tunneled vision and stay in the middle when they continuously lose the flag. My only beef with that one. But that’s the people, not the map.

I question anyone who’d say “blacklisting was bad for the game.”

Removing blacklisting was bad for player choice. Most players are happier when they have more choice. I do not understand players who approve of limiting other players’ choice.

7 Likes

I’ve noticed that a lot of stealth-class-players don’t like EotS because of how the base-caps work in unrated.

1 Like

I’d love if they would test it adequately before putting it out. I’m terrified of Ashran.

1 Like

Nono, don’t. Come let’s hang out. It’ll be fun, I promise.

1 Like

I saw someone talking about how he was waiting 2 hours for a specific queue Wintergrasp to pop one morning.

Now imagine if all the Alliance who ragequit have it blocked. It would never pop, ever. So technically, his freedom of choice would be hurt by Blacklists.

Some people would gain choice, and some would lose it. I’m guessing they figured the “sit out for 15 minutes if you don’t like it” is a tame enough “solution”.

1 Like

That was why I suggested giving 2 conquest up to five, ten times a week for queued-for BGs. Instead of having the Blacklist, at least you have the ability to get a bit of conquest from your favorites and you will then help populate those. It’s like a reverse blacklist. And by people queueing for their faves, you will get a population you wouldn’t have had before, whereas a blacklist limits participation as its premise.

IDK. I mean sounds good but devil’s advocate here, I figure there’s probably a reason they made it like they made it. Or at least tried to make something that works. It’s probably a catch 22 based off participation and all that.

No, I don’t buy that anymore. Whatever reason they had was a decision made during Classic, which is the tech BGs are screwed with, it seems. The queue thing is so bad with Wintergrasp starting literally with 15 players on one side that the BG tech is obviously years behind the tech for raids and other LFG tech that won’t even allow an instance to start until everyone is confirmed to come in. It’s the same thing with being stuck in combat for eternity, being stuck in combat upon res from the kill, etc. Seeing birds on people attacking them in the middle of the bank because they haven’t bothered to shut everything off at the end of the BG (you can hear carts still appearing, some people still manage to yell, whatever) – it’s there, they know it, and just don’t care enough to fix it, evidently, or they would.