For god's sakes let me block two battlegrounds like before

Eh as I said I see it causing a bit of stress… Minimally. There should be enough people in random bgs that if two bgs are black listed there are still lots of matchable options.

I don’t. I would love to see the numbers.

To me though I want blacklist back because…

Exactly this… Winning or not I like variety… :thinking:

It doesn’t require any imagination to grasp how large numbers of players blacklisting the same two BG’s on each faction would adversely impact queue times.

You want numbers, I want numbers, we all want numbers. Just because we don’t have them, doesn’t mean that it wasn’t done for good reason.

How do you know it was minimal?

The fact that queues might not feel drastically different to you is largely irrelevant. There are a ton of factors that influence queues, including declining sub counts and worsening faction imbalance.

If blacklisting were still a feature then queues would be even worse and that’s a fact.

1 Like

This wasn’t the case when all BGs were together. Now we have two separate queues, 3 when the brawl is out…

We all want numbers… So sorry this isn’t a fact. It’s a fact to you? The fact to me is if rather have even just one black list option.

You yourself say that it would minimally cause stress on the matchmaking system. Erelir is absolutely right. I’d hate to see what queue times would be like right now if blacklisting was still a thing.

The facts are:

• last time we were given official numbers, only 20% of the bg queuing population utilized it and it still impacted queue times, with more battlegrounds in the pool than we have now
  • the system was removed from the game, and that was for a reason. If it didn’t cause problems, it would still be here.

Yup it would, I can’t deny it. Hell just give me 1 blacklist not two, I’d be okay with that. Still though, if I have to wait one more minute so I don’t have to play 3 seething shores in a row I’m okay with it. I honestly don’t think it would affect que times more than that.

Personal preference though. 1 minute longer ques for some personal choice would be bad a.

Sounds like you need to eat some fish.

Would you say wod had more or less of a player base?

No idea honestly. More of my friends played casual bgs then that’s for sure… However outside of that I can’t tell. I haven’t done as much PvP as I used to because I hate the gearing systems.

Alliance saw queue times like horde have for epics back then… and blacklisting the 2 40 mans brought it down to about 5-6 minutes. IF blacklisting ever came back, it would be far worse right now.

/Sigh again we have zero numbers. I suppose it could bump it more than a minute? Hell I’d take two minutes.

More than that maybe not. We have no idea though. I have always played both sides and que times never felt out of hand with black list. Still different times so impossible to compare.

Just no idea. Just stating my desire to not play 3 seething shores in a row lol.

A 15 minute bump is pretty extreme when it’s the pvp expansion of all time (supposedly wod was so populated?)

Where did this value come from? Also as I said we don’t need two black lists. What would 1 do?

Seriously we have no idea.

Again. No idea.

Did you not play wod? Alliance had major queue times because of Horde mass blacklisting of av/ioc.

They aren’t going to do 1 for randoms but not epics. And 1 for epics would actually be devastating to them.

I did… Don’t remember them being that long… Lots of 8 + minute ones but thats been almost every expansion.

Yea no just do 1 for regulars… I dunno what to do about epics. I don’t play them much… I like smaller scale PvP, the 1v1, 1v2s and such.

Yea, was a time during wod it was 20+ minutes until blacklisting caught on.

Sorry that’s not gonna fly

Probably not… Doesn’t stop me from wanting it and I’ve stated my reasons :joy: anyways enough hypotheticals. Good night.

1 Like

Have a good night!

1 Like

There’s lunatics out there that specific queue for wintergrasp? No wonder it pops so often.

And this is the inverse of a blacklist situation. One guy wants wintergrasp and everyone else is forced into it for as long as that guy specific queues for it.

1 Like

Honestly, how often do you get three seething shores in a row? Once every two months?

It’s fairly rare for me to get the same BG twice in a row, let alone a BG I don’t like (epics notwithstanding).

Let’s speculate on something else. Blacklist existed in the game. The code was written, the system was tested, and it was working fine.

Why do you suppose it’s gone now?

1 Like