For god's sakes let me block two battlegrounds like before

Jokes on you there’s actually a community dedicated to it. Dress warm, don’t forget your scarf.

3 Likes

Blizzard hates player choice which is evident is so many aspects of this game right now.

4 Likes

:-1: Seriously. If it wasn’t detrimental, then why was it removed?

“It was fun and Blizzard hates fun har har” aside.

Or more accurately they saw on the metrics that the 40 mans got the majority of blacklisting, and moving them to their own queue was an approximate equivalent when viewed in the big picture.

Well that, and Strand was blacklisted by most Alliance and was removed.

1 Like

Yeah that too.

Unfortunately they failed to predict a very predictable pattern. Another BG would rise to be the most hated, and with the Epic queue people would feel “forced” to do them.

I’m sure they predicted it.

Don’t be too sure. I’m not just being a pessimist or contrarian, there are a ton of things we see coming a mile away but Blizzard doesn’t.

Low hanging fruit example: Azerite Design

Well to us, blacklisting was a nice qol improvement (FOR US) To them, it’s match making hell I’m sure.

1 Like

They openly stated in beta that the epic battleground queue would have better rewards to entice players to play them. I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

You’re right about there always being a most hated battleground though.

1 Like

You think I’m joking, but I’m not. Blizzard wants people to play a certain way, and they will do their best to achieve it.

1 Like

If that were the case, they would have kept all BGs together and removed blacklisting.

Definitely more than that… Also feels like I get temple a lot and even though I like it I’d like to swap it up every now and then.

I think this is why. I honestly don’t think it would affect the regular ques that much. There’s tons of different maps and you need less people to fill. I feel like 1 black list for reg bgs would have little impact and directly impact my choice and fun.

Worthwhile in my opinion but once again it’s all feels.

1 Like

No, it logically makes sense to separate out the ones that require more people and could take a lot longer than the regular ones.

1 Like

Okay, then they would have kept Strand in, despite being the most blacklisted 10/15 man.

https://imgur.com/a/Q3ewcx9

This is my recent played battleground list. I can see two instances of getting the same battleground twice (and they were AB and Warsong). I’d like to see reflex logs of people saying they get the same map constantly. I’m not saying it doesn’t and can’t happen, but is it really that regular?

2 Likes

https://imgur.com/a/IvMENz0

the eots in yellow was the brawl.

I think having a Dota/LoL style map would be cool.

NPC warriors smashing into each other, towers to take down, and a 5v5 experience. Jungle, top, mid ADC/support lanes etc

No one said that they didn’t have rare moments of sense. And you’re just assuming it was Strand. I had a 54% win rate on that map and only blacklisted it if I got it too many times.

1 Like

You keep harping on “in a row.” It’s more tied to frequency.

It’s to the point where I think ‘So it must be EOTS night/SSM night’ because I get them so often.