Focus was in Vanilla - Please Fix the API

Focus is a great tool that can be utilized in multiple situations, I hope it is in at launch. Tank target (heal) and assist macro being the biggest, personally.

10 Likes

The reason the scripts are blocked is they could be abused to automate play. The modern focus target gives the functinality of the old scripts that were most used by players without enabling automation. And there is no reason to remove it.

If the best you can do is accuse some one of multiboxxing, which is not against any rules, in order to try to discredit them, then you have no real argument and I shall call you a puppy kicker to discredit you.

11 Likes

I’m extremely glad they protected these calls (Starting in 2.x) because people exploit them, it’s a huge problem. In 1.12 you can use it to write macros inside addon code, essentially giving you unlimited amounts of logic in a macro. You could spam 1 button and have an addon do your rotation with superhuman precision, that’s a problem

There’s also the troubles it can cause with UI elements. On nostalrius someone release a malware addon that would auto-mail all your gold to their character, and auto-accept the “do you want to mail your gold” message. This was only possible because those functions were unprotected.

4 Likes

I don’t disagree, but because they are what we’re using, we need them to reintroduce the focus unit ID, since its secure so we can’t do it ourselves.

3 Likes

It’s very good for healing, I hope Blizzard reverts this change.

6 Likes

Way too good, unintentionally good. The game shouldn’t be making decisions for you

6 Likes

Which is why it doesn’t.

4 Likes

hey now. whats wrong with kicking puppies? they deserve it.

freakin slobbering on everything and jumping on your legs.

1 Like

This topic here summarizes the Classic community so well.

People are so wrapped up in their own crusade they lose sight of authenticity over a vendetta because someone else plays in a way they don’t like.

And for the record, I despise multiboxing, but it has nothing to do with this topic. It’s just a strawman.

16 Likes

OP made this thread the other day and explicitly complained about not being able to multibox. Just to make everyone aware of his intentions.

8 Likes

I love how everyone ignored the first two posts and focused on the one that was intended to generate attention. Just proves how unable to avoid clickbait people are.

4 Likes

You are a slimy character. The previous thread you made was just whining about how you couldn’t multibox, and now you are claiming to want to “pocket heal” and all these other garbage excuses.
i have never seen someone so shameless as you, and I hope that the API doesn’t get changed because multiboxers ruin the game

4 Likes

Ah, I noticed focus seemed to have disappeared. I wouldn’t mind it coming back since it was in the game. However, multiboxers are scum regardless.

It’s funny how people completely ignore the issue until you phrase it in a way that pushes buttons. It was mostly a test, and its clear it worked. There have been 3 times as many posts on that since this one was created, because people are just arguing back and forth.

1 Like

I had very simalar macros in vanilla, especially for PVP.

Blizzard can’t ignore this.

3 Likes

Another case of poor reading comprehension and not understanding the issue at all. I’ll make it simple for you, regardless if OP gets the outcome they want or not multiboxers will still exist. Another troll just throwing shade.

2 Likes

I have no interest in multiboxing and want the focus unit frame which replaced the old scripts to be in classic though if they unlocked the scripts instead I would get an addon.
I want it for dispell, interupt, and cc macros, and healing in pvp.

Maybe if you werent so busy kicking puppies you would see that.

5 Likes

Complaining about boxing. Sounds like you have no valid argument other than you cry about multi-boxers.

Same people crying over multi-boxers are the same people who will be crying when camped in WPvP.

2 Likes

That implies that crying about multi-boxers is a valid argument.
They have no valid arugement at all.

1 Like

Bunch of cheating degenerates. Play the game normally. Im out of these threads

6 Likes