Frame Interface Changes from Retail

That’s what I thought when I was going through it. According to WoWWiki it only became 25 in Patch 2.01.

Maybe the #NoChanges lobby can all rally behind this.

1 Like
  • All Alerts removed except for “Store Product Delivered”

Hmmmm. :neutral_face:

1 Like

I read that the store tab has been removed. So maybe that was missed?

This should be the final answer to those clinging to the hope that transmog will be in:

• Removed references to Transmog.
1 Like

Looking at this list, it’s pretty insane how complex the UI have become in this game.

2 Likes

I will miss focus. But it’s for the best!

2 Likes

Now we can’t focus Gnomes and they’ll slip right between our feet.

I think they took the store completely out of the game but since it’s a part of bnet if they do say server transfers with the Vanilla cooldown it will only be through the bnet app. Not the game.
Which wow. When you look at what they have had to do. It is a lot to make this project work. This was no small feat by any stretch. Makes me feel like it is old blizz.
I hope they do a behind the scenes documentary about this project when it’s all said and done. That would be very interesting.

6 Likes

Removing focus is so nice. I am now for sure playing a noggenfogger spamming gnome destro lock. Enjoy using WotF on soul fire

2 Likes

Wait. Removed focus target?

Um… Pft. As somebody who uses it constantly. That kinda sucks

I’d be ok with it if we could use Vanilla methods but the modern API prevents it. That’s why they added the Focus frame.

They removed a lot of the access to it. Most significantly the MicroBar button.

I think it’s funny to think that these UI elements are being removed when most players will be downloading addons to mimic their functionality. Blizzard has really added a lot to the UI over the years

2 Likes

Thank you, Eloraell. Some interesting stuff in there. The loss of focus is tough, but appropriate. Quest log going up to 25 is a welcome change really. Can’t tell you how many dungeons I do and try to share quests and half the group has full logs…

I find it beyond hilarious all the #NoChanges people who will throw fits like children over things like being able to move the frames when they’d just use addons to replicate it anyways. I mean seriously, who cares?

These people are just as toxic as the people they rally against who want minor changes, maybe more because of the outright vehemence and vitriol they spew towards anyone who disagrees with their views.

1 Like

If you want to understand #NoChanges people, it’s about the precedent being set when small changes start getting introduced. In truth, the majority would not care about small changes like this, but if they can make a change to the UI from how it was in Vanilla, what is stopping them from buffing Ret Pallys?

1 Like

Its a convenience, but managing your quest log was a skill back then just like managing your 80 slot inventory. Having the limited quest log forces you to not pick up every round the world quest at once and actually complete all the stuff in an area before moving on.

1 Like

Do you really not see the difference between those two things? Replicating an addon in the base UI (which was done anyways in the future) is nothing like class balances (which, while I would actually welcome them, is something entirely different). Honestly it makes the #NoChanges people seem like elaborate trolls to me with their level of vehemence against things.

What, exactly, makes it better to use an addon than have the base UI incorporate it? It’s not like the #NoChanges people are going to avoid using addons.

Kurdash, did you even read what I wrote? :roll_eyes:

Yes I did, and your argument made no sense and was basically a strawman.

1 Like

Noggenfogger… That’s the good stuff!