Flying ruins the game

As classic has proven, wow from the ground is how the game is meant to played

Flying is essentially a teleport. You fly up and straight over any danger, players, terrain, etc you want. A terrible gameplay design

The players know this, the devs know this, that’s why almost all mmos have no flying. It ruins the mmo experience

Wpvp is dead again, the world is empty because everyone is a mile up skipping everything

Is saving 10 minutes skipping the world, in WORLD of Warcraft really worth the numerous game breaking effects that flying has on the community and game

And before you say just don’t fly, I don’t. Flying impacts my experience of the game whether I fly or not.

There are no people whatsoever in this mmo on a full pop server because they are all up in the sky

The world is dead in world of Warcraft unlike bfa pre flying

24 Likes

lol wut?

28 Likes

Yet I guarantee you fly everywhere when you have the choice.

69 Likes

Do you have a ground mount?

Feel free to use it.

75 Likes

As classic has proven, wow from the ground is how the game is meant to played

as always, terrible argument. classic proves that the game, originally, was meant to be played on the ground…because the zones were designed that way.

38 Likes

It doesn’t ruin my game.

76 Likes

do you guys not have ground mounts?™

26 Likes

Nah that’s where you lost me.

This game evolved past vanilla for a good reason.

43 Likes

0 posts - erm, your Classic forums are here troll:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/wow-classic/classic-discussion/172

18 Likes

Umm no. I actually enjoy playing the game more with flying. In fact plenty of mmos have direct teleports (and flying) yet somehow still have an active user base. My issues with pathfinder and the fact they seem hellbent on making flying suck are part of the reason i haven’t purchased SL.

Also almost everyone i knew on classic is done with it now.

29 Likes

QQ’ing because he has no one to gank. tired of this argument. just make WM no flight, and quit messing with it otherwise. ion are you listening?

9 Likes

I don’t care if my ability to fly affects your experience of the game. I enjoy flying. I don’t enjoy spending my limited free time running to my destinations. You worry about yourself. Not what I’m doing.

52 Likes

I see the classic players are trying to make retail classic again.

11 Likes

I love flying. Flying is one of the best thing that was added to WoW, imo.

35 Likes

With all the flying no one vroom vrooms anymore.

Flying improves my game by 100 percent.

36 Likes

Stealth is essentially a slow teleport…that is far better since it lets you get around all that danger both outside AND indoors.

Flight is fun.
Everyone here has a CHOICE to NOT use flight if theyre having so much fun on the ground.

There ya go.
you dont get to take my ferrari just because you choose to take the bus.

16 Likes

Then don’t fluxing use it.

6 Likes

I like the idea of flying available at the end of current expansion and previous expansions. I think that’s a fair compromise.

2 Likes

You have to go back. :point_right:

5 Likes