Flying feels terrible now

False. I don’t think you understand what the problem is

This just further proves my point.

I understand what your problem is, I just think it’s stupid to cry about it

Should be able to swap the two on the fly.

🅻🅸🆃🅴🆁🅰🅻🅻🆈

1 Like

the toggle sucks.

4 Likes

Of course because lets face it the objective is for players to have fun.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

so you like the old way more

No secret. TBC normal flying is my favorite.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

4 Likes

I’m ok with both normal flying and skyriding, but having just one or the other at a time is annoying. Taking 5 seconds to change flying mode seems so old school and reduces the flow and efficiency of movement in the game. Why can’t I have mounts that fly normal and ones that fly sky riding…with no need to toggle a switch.

1. When I want to go fast or long I’ll skyride. If I need to leave quick to get a hit in on a target or hit the start time of an event don’t make me waste time figuring out what mode my riding is, then waste another 5 seconds changing. I also prefer the Remix idea of running through orbs to allow me to get places with a small reward.
  2. When I want to slow down, explore and look for treasures or work out a strategy I want normal riding.

Give me cheap mount equipment that lets me mark mounts one way or the other to bypass this constant toggling crap.

4 Likes

That argument is bogus. I can use dragon flying and land on a mountain or high spot and be perfectly safe.

2 Likes

Great. They just need to do the same.

xoxo

That’s a great way to put it. The flow with being able to swap mounts made traversal a lot more fun.

This would be a great alternative solution, and make the mount equipment system not useless

It’s the math of it that gets me. if you swap from dynamic flying to steady flying and then back to dynamic once a day you will lose about 1.5 hours of your life waiting for that cast.
1.5 hours for just one swap to and from steady flying per day during this expansion. That is just a ridiculous change, and they need to defend that decision or roll it back.

2 Likes

Facts.

Let me add that you are very skilled.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

This is the importance of UI/UX, GUI dev.

People literally go to school to become professionals in making features like the swap between dragonriding and normal flying feel like a positive experience.

And modern blizzard hasn’t hired any of these people for at least the last 3 xpacs as is pretty evident with islands, torghast, and the “new and improved UI”, just off the top of my head. The jarring nature of swapping between the flight methods doesn’t surprise me in the least bit.

The answer was never “eh, add another button”.
Do better with our purchase price and monthly sub payments.

3 Likes

How is it not being mindful to mount up, and fly somewhere safe to hover? You are splitting hairs here because it’s just a time sink difference.

The whole difference is a time issue. We used to swap faster. Now we spend more every day. Time charged.
If they pull steady flying totally then you just fly to a safe spot vs up. Maybe a few seconds extra…10 to 15 maybe. Time charged.

I think Blizzard should respect our time more and stop adding time gating and time sucking little things. Give us content to overcome, not arbitrary seconds syphoned off of our game time that we pay for.

This is all about stretching the game out to make more money rather than making the content more engaging, fun, and abundant.

They need to tell us why it is better this way.

1 Like

honestly, Blizz comes up with some great ideas.

then a certain person takes a dump on them.

2 Likes

I almost never use old flying but I agree it was weird for them to make something so much less easy to swap

1 Like

Skies shouldn’t be a safe place, neither should your mount be able to keep flapping wings indefinitely. That is why Skyriding is more acceptable from a RPG standpoint.

Uhm what? You went from it’s about the gameplay and being mindful to roleplaying. Reality has nothing to do with this world. By that thought process all characters should have permadeath because of DnD rules.

2 Likes

You’re playing an MMORPG.
I haven’t said from a standpoint of Roleplaying but the genre itself.
If you can’t understand the difference of the genre and the act of roleplay you have problems bigger than having to find a safe place to dismount/wait.