Flying feels terrible now

Doesn’t bug me. Skyride to the area you need, land, switch to static, do your thing, switch back, skyride away.

It’s like driving your bike somewhere but it takes 5 seconds to unload and load the bike.

Feels more like an RPG this way and that’s probably what the devs are trying to preserve? Maybe? I dunno, they don’t share their philosophy about game changes enough. That always bugged me.

1 Like

It is not speculation. Loud minorities bark louder than they bite, soon they’ll calm down, some may unsub, but most won’t.

They will join the majority and play with the changes and move on.

4.6 million subscribers, check out how many angry posters are complaining about it right now - you can even include the many alt posting here). Again, 4.6 million subscribers.

Good luck.

Yes, please. Lets make another one to further our complaints on this garbage.

Yeah, another thread, maybe this time the 0,01% will change the game for the worse.

No, it’s flying. What we had before was literally the swimming system, but in the air. And I do mean literally.

1 Like

It makes fantasy in a fantasy world feel bad and I concur.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

I swear I’d it isn’t one thing with you people it’s another thing.
First you cried about dragonflying and how I overtook your air swimming. Now you get the choice to air swim and you complain it’s too slow to switch to dragonflying.

It’s always felt weird that they’d add something to the game, and be unhappy with players engaging with it, and to fix that by making it more obnoxious to interact with.

Imagine you ride a bike around town as part of your daily schedule. Your town has lots of small hills that require you to swap gears or get off and push. You used to be able to swap your gears on the fly to make pedaling around easier. Now imagine you wake up and a new law has been passed: gear shifters are no longer allowed, and you must stop to do it manually.

This would rightfully feel like a terrible change

The majority dont read/post on the forums in general. There is just as likely chance that the majority of players don’t actually like the change but don’t outwardly say anything about it, as there is for the opposite to be true. They aren’t putting out their 2 cents either way.

Again. Speculation. Those players could just as likely despise the change, as they don’t provide their input about it publicly.

The only recent data I’ve found has been from a belluar video, and a icy veins post that helps break down the info that came from a Games Dev Conference. (h ttps://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/78140-world-of-warcrafts-subscriber-numbers-and-trends-from-2016-to-2024-revealed/)

The “data” points to there being roughly 7.25 mil subscribers. But, that is formed from estimations, and many of the graphs use “rough” data.

Regardless, the number of subs doesn’t relate to the issue at all.

The issue, as stated before, comes from us already having the ability to quickly swap between the two modes, only for it to be taken away.
(See bike analogy above)

1 Like

i really dont see how landing on the ground and pressing a button that has a 5 second cast time to change your flight type is game breaking.

i mean in all seriousness, imo the only time i can personally see myself going from dragonriding to sky swimming is if there is some 1 inch branch to land on for a treasure. other than that it is dragon riding all the way.

sry but no excuse. or bot??

1 Like

Static flying is +110% faster now, so there’s that.

It is game breaking because just a few days ago we were able to swap flight style with only a 1.5 second cast. Now it takes 7.5 seconds total.

Personally, I swap flight styles constantly when doing world content. Some places are easier to navigate than others, sometimes I want to cross the map fast, and others I want to hang out in the air while afk, rare hunting, waiting on respawns, etc

7.5 seconds each time I want to change this adds up insanely fast when your free time is severely limited.

This is a much needed change. Unfortunately, every time blizzard does make a step forward, they take one back too.

2 Likes

Druids also feel janky. I want to be able to have my flight form be normal flying but my other mounts skyriding, and my flight form doesn’t take off immediately like normal flying does, feels awful to use so now I don’t even bother using flight form

4 Likes

Just because you don’t know the reason, doesn’t mean there isn’t one. I’m guessing they don’t want to see what happens to the servers when millions of players all spam that button changing all their mounts from skyriding to steady flight and back again over and over again.

Anything to throw the bots for a loop I am all for.

So what, we should have to log out just to smoke or go to the bathroom? That would be absurd,this isn’t the 1970’s.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can logoff, find a town nearby or use your heartstone.

The damage TBC air swimming did to the game is catastrophic at this point…

Or just land somewhere safe?

1 Like

It is called the BlizZard rug pull.

They think that you are invested that you will engage the same time even though it is less engaging. They think that it will be the same dopamine hit but they give less in return.

What they failed to account for is that WoW players are super smart and can see right through that.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

I do not see how but ok, if you say so.

1 Like

Just the fact that you felt “safe” to go away from the keyboard while flying outside tells me that.