Flying feels terrible now

This would also be a decent change.

Not sure on the validity of this, but it definately feels like it

As I said above, I use both constantly and as it is now a precident in the game to have access to both at 1.5s. It is a bad change.

I haven’t even logged in to my druid yet. I bet this feels awfully restrictive

This is a common input I’ve heard that I believe is as disingenuousas it comes. Video games are a recreational activity, something you would do AFTER you’ve done things like go to a medical facility (Or go to work, go shopping, spending time with your SO, ETC.) You’ve already had to wait that 20 minutes in line, now add 7.5 seconds each time you want to move around the game world.

Personally, i only get an hour or so of game time a night. An arbitrary “wait time” of 7.5 seconds between each instance of changing flight types only takes away from my limited free time, as it adds up massively.

1 Like

I love it. The animation for the Archmage Disk and the Tailoring Carpets mounts is awsome.

I get that sometimes skyriding can be annoying because you cannot just stand in the air. But that is how flying works actually.

The good thing is you can choose what to use :grin:.

1 Like

Just had a thought…not sure if the system can do it but…I think favorites could be used to set this without extra data.

If it is a boolean, and that boolean can be set to NULL…some systems allow that and some don’t. You could have 3 settings.

Null= default for that mount not a favorite
True= new riding, and favorite
False= old riding and favorite

Not as intuitive for coding, and not sure their system would allow it, but could be a way to give extra function with no increase in the data set.

1 Like

lol yeah this will probably end at just 1000% speed air swimming.

The new animations are awesome to see. Now I can use the flying mount I want to, when I want to.

The annoyance of no hover is nonexistent due to the ability to choose. The biggest issue is that the ability to choose flight types was changed from a 1.5 second window to a 7.5 second window. For people like myself, who constantly swap between the two modes when playing, the change drastically increases the amount of time it takes to do any world content

1 Like

I think either instant like many pointed out as long you’re not on a mount - or 1.5 seconds but this seems a bit too much already. As long you’re not on a mount and when you click on the ability it dismounts you right away. Doesn’t have to be a casting time and the more you think about it the more ridiculous it seems to even have one in the first place.

I agree. Being able to instantly swap when you want, and also not dismount, is the ideal choice. I guess as a minimum for me to be happy would be a 1.5 second cast while mounted, as that is how long it takes to mount normally.

I’ve a great idea guys

What about making another thread to talk about the same topic, it will be great

I would prefer if you could assign the type of flying you want for each mount individually. Before the patch I liked having a Dragon Riding mount as well as a static flight mount on my bars so I could easily choose which I wanted at any given moment without the annoying 5 second cast time

1 Like

Correct. The more blizzard is forced to see enough of their players unhappy with a change, only increases the chance of them turning around to make a good change

Still less than 0,1% of the playerbase.
The more people use alts to create posts like they are new people, the more they are convinced this is the right way to go.

For every 1 person complaining here there are another 100000 playing without any issues with Skyriding changes.

People are just going to pick one and never switch.

Permanently steady flight here, minus the few hours to get it back in TWW

3 Likes

We have to enjoy things while they last, like TBC Flying.

You know what Blizz should have done which would have been smarter.

If they created an exact copy of all your other non-Dragonriding mounts and created a Dragonriding version of those mounts. Yes, it would have doubled the amount of flying mounts everyone had, but it would have avoided this issue entirely. Then of course they’d have to rescale the mount collection achievements to reflect the doubling of flying mounts in your collections. Then of course, they’d have to make some sort of icon to indicate if your flying mount is a Dragonriding one or a Steady flight one in your collections tab.

They are still getting even with the subscribers who quit the game over flight removal in wod and never came back.

1 Like

Link to your source.

Didn’t think so. If a fraction of a percent of players had objected during DF, they would never have developed and implemented a pathfinder after clearly they never intended to.

Stop making up lies.

2 Likes

Don’t need to. 4.6 million subscribers, do the math if you can :slight_smile:

I’d like to have the ability to flag a mount for steady flying only, then just choose which mount i want for the type of flying I’d like to do.

seems like a lot of used up dev time for very little lift.

rather have them spend that time on working on other issues and/or player housing.

We just had it, really. Some mounts were steady, some dragonriding. I"m no programmer, though I’d imagine it would be somewhat trivial to do.

1 Like