Flying feels terrible now

I like that they made it a toggle. I hate the new flight style and hated being forced into it during DF questing. I keep it toggled permanently off.

1 Like

And taking away class fantasy too.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

Read this from a different thread. If thatā€™s true, then my fears are almost assured to be true. The last two characters Iā€™ve leveled, (One remix, one prepatch, and Iā€™ve started another in the prepatch) Iā€™ve found myself spending loads of time swapping. There are a quite a few places in legion that I have had to swap from Dynamic to Static because the area is difficult to traverse in, such as Azuna and Suramar. Likewise, constantly running out of vigor going between quest locations in High mountain and Valsharah, forcing me to swap back to static rather than sit still and wait for the vigor to recharge.

This will only be exasperated with the zones being difficult to traverse on foot

2 Likes

How? Druidā€™s the only class with instant cast skyriding.

Get back to work Ionā€¦

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say a couple seconds wait to change flying modes is a lot more effort. I dont see the issue personally.

Druids went from being able to swap between Dynamic and Static just by casting flight form. Now they have to use the 5 second cast. Major nerf to druid QoL.

It is when you use Static for world content in a short range, and Dynamic flying for crossing large distances. Sure, once or twice isnā€™t a big deal, but it adds up over time. Plenty of players utilized the faster swap, as it was set as a precident for world traversal for some time

1 Like

They should just make the default flying speed at 800% at this pointā€¦ I find dragonriding boringā€¦ but itā€™s good to have choicesā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s everyone. Except everyone else had non-DF flying mounts, and then the new DF mounts. They still have the only instacast skyriding option.

Druids deserve no special treatment when switching between Skyriding flight mode or Static fight mode. Their class flight can be done in either mode. So they should have to hit the same button and wait the same time to swap between the two different flight styles.

Exactly the reason why myself, and others, want this changed. It provides a choice that we already had before.

Druids are the only class able to access flying instantly. (I donā€™t really count zen flight) itā€™s always been a part of their toolkit and class fantasy, since tbc, to shift in and out of flight form at will. Able to gather herbs without leaving the form itself, as well as dismounting mid air to shift forms.

When regular/static flying was added to Dragonflight, they were able to dismount and instantly swap into flight form for harder to traverse areas. This made traveling around incredibly engaging for the class. Being able to drop your mount at a high speed and shift into flight form to traverse difficult areas was nothing but fun.

Adding the cast time to swap flight styles did nothing but reduce QoL and the class fantasy itself.

Supporting Druids being able to swap styles instantly, we can point to some types of birds being able to essentially hover. They do this by essentially flying into the wind, at the same speed as the wind itself. Someone versed in ornithology could probobly explain it better

1 Like

TWW maps are smaller so it isnā€™t going to be that big of an issue when using DR and TBC normal flying in short spurts. The problem is that if you want to do extend play throughout lets say questing then it becomes a problem.

2 Likes

I donā€™t get why they are so against static flight so much. I have no problem with playing through new expansions and campaigns for the first time with no flight, but I will 100% do pathfinder every time so that I can have flight unlocked for alts that I am trying to level. I donā€™t see the need to experience the same area 20 times over. But honestly, I find it annoying that they lock static flight behind pathfinding, but just hand out skyriding like itā€™s no big deal.
Even when I choose static flying, the ā€œsummon random favorite mountā€ button will only summon ground mounts. Itā€™s frustrating.

3 Likes

This is why PF must be removed and delinked from it being a requirement for TBC normal flying IMVHO.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

3 Likes

If it were up to me, it would be instant, not dismount you, but only castable on the ground. This way, itā€™s still a choice, itā€™s convenient, but thereā€™s no way to abuse it that I can think of. Though I admit, Iā€™m no expert on abusing mechanics.

3 Likes

That would work too.

Honestly after all that time during DF expansion there was no problem with both being used by players.

1 Like

Seeing how you -only- need to complete each questline and explore the zones proves how pointless of a mechanic it is. Both flight styles may as well be unlocked at max level like it was in MoP.

This is why itā€™s so strange that so many people are adamantly against making the swap easier. Itā€™s something we already had with no issues

2 Likes

The swap from a game balance and mechanical point of view was never unbalanced when it was like that from months on end on live.

To create a five second toggle switch is a deliberate choice and not a technical reason like the game canā€™t handle instant switching or it puts stress on a server.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

There is certainly a trend of doubling down on failure in the overall culture so not sure this weird decision to either bother with Pathfinder at all or, even weirder, making it Steady Flight that is locked behind the achieve. But it seems set in stone(d).

2 Likes

Nothing is set in stone as we have seen for many years in WoW.

That is why the change of Kidney Shot from 20 seconds to 30 seconds hurts Rogue leveling. Things can change on a dime. And why feedback matters.

Flying being gated when the expansion of TWW is designed with three dimension defies all logic.

2 Likes