Flying feels terrible now

Its one of my guilty sins and pleasures. lol

1 Like

When you play more hours than the standard person is at work, min-maxing what you get done in a session does not come in to play

Some people find micromanaging the game systems to improve your play/throughput/etc to be quite fun.

Worsening QoL is not enjoyable

1 Like

Are you wearing thew virtual goggles with touch sensations?? how does it feel different ???

What you are missing is…they used to be able to do it without wasting so much time and they liked the option.

In fact that statement highlights the whole problem. Why is Blizzard disincentivizing switching so much? Why did they allow it in DF but not now?

Also, the most important thing…how is this better than what we had? On top of all of it now I have this weird thing where if I switch on one character and go to the other I am always confused on what I will get. Before I knew by the button I pressed. It’s just clunky.

So I ask again. How is it better as a mounting mechanic to have this than say being able to set what mounts do what and then just mounting those mounts? How does it make the game more fun?

3 Likes

The real questions

I also have that problem every time I play the game

3 Likes

TBC normal flying is my jam.

My mac and cheese.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

1 Like

My hands and wrist beg to differ now…Dragon Flying put me right back in to my Wrist braces…I had just finally got were I didn’t have to wear them all day long but only when I slept to keep my wrists from not moving…add in poor left arm use from Two strokes I have …add in a heart attack too which does nerve damage too…lose of depth perception in my eyes from being just being old and eye injuries though the years…

4 Likes

You selfish SoB, just think of the dads who work 8 jobs for 30 hours a day and have 12 wives and 37 kids and can only enjoy WoW for 5 minutes each day.

ohhhh baby, Kinda digging sky riding as a Zandalari Druid.

With the prepatch I like to use static flying during the memories, but I find myself being forced into dragonflying to compete with everyone else moving between them. Having to land and swap flying styles if I forget to do so has made me miss certain memories already. I believe this will continue into TWW with any endgame zones that contain rares/timed activities

1 Like

I am a big fan of the changes to Sky Riding. (Thats what it was phrased as, right. Hah)

What an enormous jump in quality of life.

It has its pitfalls for sure. With quick movements getting you stuck on a tree, ledge or sign. Losing 2-4 vigor before you free yourself.

The swap time between flight forms could be a little less. I dont think an instantaneous swap is the answer.
Maybe .7 - 1.0 seconds.

People have in the past found ways to abuse mechanics not fully tested.
Maybe a pvp instance useage could allow people to queue into a match while channeling to sky riding. Allowing them to abuse systems otherwise not intended.
That may sound absurd.
I just know how things dont go to plan woth instant flying, or without delaya like dropping combat in the past.

After changing the flight mode, when I click the button for my favorite mounts (which includes ground and flying mounts), the system only launches ground mounts.

And yes, I think if I want to fly the old way (TBC), I would use a “classic” mount.

If I want to fly in the new DragonFlight mode, I use the “new” mounts.

Or a toggle to leave everything as it is now (on) or as it was (off).

1 Like

Feels no different.

It does reek of “ps2 limitations” so to speak. In a different game a long time ago the developers couldn’t figure out how to prevent certain exploits, so they just, coded in extra wait periods. Boom, no more exploit.

Sucked for the rest of us and that was taking into account it was really aging tech, but this length of delay does smell like Bliz saw something break and didn’t have time, or didn’t want to, apply an appropriate patch.

1 Like

Imo I don’t see how the change can be anything other than a reduction of QoL, as the time to swap flight styles jumped, and using other mounts for dynamic flying is purely cosmetic (outside still-to-be-fixed animations.)

But semantics aside, going with a short cast time of .5-1 second, akin to something like chi burst. While no, it wouldn’t solve all of the issues with the cast itself, it would be well within the realm of acceptability and help bring the traversal flow back to what we had before the prepatch.

Definitely a possibility, but this should come down purely to QA on blizzards part

it really should be called dragon gliders or dragon gliding

2 Likes

Wait. You have time for other guilty sins and pleasures after all of that?

I refer to it as dragon hopping.

Its a QOL reduction for druids.

3 Likes

They should just implement Dragonriding slots in the mounts tab similar to Battle Pet Slots on pet tab and all other mounts would function as normal / steady. That way, players can choose their dragonriding mounts and still be able to put other mounts on keybinds simultaneously like we did in DF.

2 Likes

Now -that’s- a great idea, ill add it to the op

1 Like