Flying feels terrible now

And now playing the victim card.
If only we were playing bingo.

Now let me go cry in the corner, I don’t know how am I going to move forward knowing that I’ve been blocked by Kaledin-Uther, a person that doesn’t know what is the difference between role-playing and RPG, and that you’re playing an MMORPG.

I mean how would you feel about hearthstone having a 40 second cast time?

It’s not the end of the world but it is incredibly annoying. Especially when depending on your activity and playstyle you’ll be changing more often then hearthing. It adds up. This could easily add several minutes to someones playtime which like I said adds up over time. No it’s not the end of the world but it was also an unesescary QoL nerf.

I MUCH prefer dynammic flight to static. In fact I sometimes play WoW JUST for dynamic flight. So it doesn’t effect me as much as others but it’s still annoying.

Yes, shilling for Blizzard, that’s my MO, you got me there buddy! /s

Heaven forbid I try and speak logic to a child like brain, but I guess that’s my problem.

I think ground mounts should be redesigned to work like sky riding too. The vigor will be galloping

1 Like

Two weeks ago, switching was as quick as getting on a different mount.

Now I have to stop, cast a 5 second cast, then mount again. It’s an added inconvenience for no reason.

And you’re defending it.

7 Likes

He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Look at his history. All he does is insult people.

2 Likes

True
(How is boredumb doing?)

Yeah I give everyone a chance for a bit but wow there was just nothing there.

1 Like

He only has one trick too… not really bright. You counter his argument and he calls you a cry baby. If you fight him, he says he’s reporting you. He just loves to attack people but can’t take a hit. Ignoring him is the best thing anyone can do.

1 Like

Dont you just love to waste time casting flying spell every time u have to travel?

You are doing a quest that needs short distance fly and precision to pick up stuff? Ok 5sec cast to swap normal riding. Ok you check out next quest its quite far, 5sec cast to swap dragon riding, rince and repeat.

Dont worry they will fix this and market it as a “feature” of 11.05 or 11.1 patch.

3 Likes

Really wish they would change the process for people with hidden profiles already. So ridiculous that it is harder to ignore someone who hides their history…given how often those are the trolls.

So in this thread you have been pretty rude to some players and calling them child brained and a few other things…
I figure your math is talking about mounting fast then going to slow
Let’s do some math.

Before prepatch
1.5 seconds to mount a fast mount
1.5 seconds to mount a slow mount
So at most 3 seconds to go to fast then to slow

After prepatch
1.5 seconds to mount fast mount
5 seconds to swap
1.5 seconds to mount slow mount
8 seconds

8-3=5 seconds at least because you also went from 1 click switching to 2 click switching. So it is 5 seconds slower

You are however also ignoring (regardless of the bad math) the full route which is mount fast fly to a point, land, see something in a tricky spot, switch to flow flight, get it, land, switch to fast flight.

so before it was
1.5 to mount fast
1.5 to mount slow
1.5 to go back to fast and gtfo
4.5 seconds

now it is 1.5 to mount fast
5 of waiting
1.5 to mount slow
5 of waiting
1.5 to mount fast.
14.5 seconds

10 fun filled seconds!

That was my most common routine if I was farming and it probably happened every I don’t know…10th node? Something would be hard to get to or land at.

Check your numbers before you start calling people names about logic and brain power. Pedantry rarely gets the best results. It is for lawyers and politicians. Stick with the simple things.

Is it better than it was? Is it the best option they could have gone with?

I like being able to dragonride with any mount, but this is just a poorly designed nerf to switching.

Keep the discussions simple, and more than that stop calling people names. Debate the topics not the people.

2 Likes

This is there last ditch attempt to attack TBC normal flying but in the process they are attacking DR.

It took them one expansion to initiate the rug pull on DR by reducing the speed and also putting in a super long toggle switch between TBC normal flying and DR.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

5 Likes

I’ve been dragonriding all expansion, so not much has changed for me and I’m sure this is how Blizzards sees it.

1 Like

I have been using TBC normal flying exclusively but I have empathy and can see why people wanting to use both see it as unfair.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

3 Likes

As far as I know the speed is only reduced outside of dragon isles and TWW zones.

They also did increase the maximum speed boost of static flight from 310 to 420 (blaze it). Which is if I know how to math correctly a 25% ish increase.

1 Like

I contend that these ham-fisted changes Blizzard is making lately are done by interns. Something in Denmark smells fishy :skunk: :tropical_fish:

2 Likes

I agree its a good thing that its possible ; however, it does feel…clunky. Right?

1 Like

It is an inconvenience added at the expense of the convenience of being able to Skyride with any mount.

The diversity trumps the inconvenience of having to switch flight modes for majority of players that now can use their favorite mounts with Skyriding.

No it wasn’t, because they could have allowed us to sky ride with any mount WITHOUT this 5 second cooldown.

Your arguement is a non-sequitor.

5 Likes