Flying feels terrible now

Ya need to understand, that “person,” is pro-pathfinder because of “Roleplay,” reasons and does not give a damn about anyone who has any problems with it.

All that player cares about is making it so people continue to have a hard time if they have a disability other than motion sickness, and that isn’t even 100% fixed amongst the player base… for roleplay reasons.

not for hummingbirds or helicopters or hovercraft…

I remember when hearthstone was on a hour long CD, and you would have to run out of dungeon and fly a long way home unless you have a mage in your party.

Blizz could one day reduce the cast time for flying mode switch.

Just pure rudeness here, no response to the topic at all. Chill out man.

Ah switch to something else instead of defending your stance. Cool.

Look you are the one saying we shouldn’t have steady flying at all. I think we should just minimize time wasting for no reason…ie decent quality of life in a game.

Defend your stance. To me the 5 second pause to swap is a regression of quality of life features and thus bad. They should defend that choice which right now seems to have no purpose. People seem to hate it and it just feels like bad design.

Your stance on why we shouldn’t have steady flying so far seems to be:
Mounts flying forever is unrealistic
RPG ?
Mmorpg

Not really a cogent argument there.

1 Like

Hey if people think it’s a better game that way…just play that way haha. Think that would be my first time ever meeting someone who wants to RP so bad that he thinks everyone should have to do it…go play DnD ya know? Also, he claims it’s not for roleplaying and just lashes out if you poke his ideas. Not a good combo.

5 Likes

This actually highlights something that I think really makes it feel bad. I think it might be the first time they pulled a quality of life ability to this level. There have been class changes and stuff, but I can’t think of anything they made this much worse with seemingly no reason.

Could you imagine if they suddenly put the hearth cooldown back to an hour? That is the same jump they did in time to swap mounts.

Edit: haha had to check it would actually be 65 minutes if they made the same increase. So crazy.

3 Likes

Yeppers.

They do not allow fun to be had.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

My point still stands.

Besides, it’s not like your life is that important, you’re sitting here complaining about 4 seconds. Come back and debate with me when you have a 7 day cooldown for flight.

you can not come up with a single logical reason to remove steady flying without that same reason being applied to skyriding. you think you are anti-steady fly but in reality you are just anti-flight period.

Who is the arbiter of safety in the sky? you? who says the skies should never feel safe? is there some sort of universal RPG rule book that states in a RPG the skies should never feel safe? I know tons of RPGs both old and new that had flight mechanics that the sky was 100% safe. Are they now suddenly invalidated as RPGs because the mighty Henceforth deems them unworthy?

2 Likes

Your point that you’re shilling for Blizzard making things objectively worse for no reason I guess.

You do you.

Or for the hundreds of magical made up creatures our characters carry around in our pockets. The idea that physics or anything like that should have anything to do with summoned creatures is mind boggling.

4 Likes

Math man. Math. Also…it’s 5 seconds extra each way, because you get dismounted.

You are basically arguing that a repeating penalty is fine as long as it is small…no matter how many times you do it. Multiplication makes it the same as one big wait time. It’s just an illogical argument.

The real debate should be is having a cast time on it better or worse than no timer, and why did they add it. Instead people are defending it as not a big bad thing. Who cares? It’s bad.

3 Likes

“accuse others of what you do, call them of what you are”
This textbook lost a war, son.

I don’t know why Blizzard dosen’t recognize, both forms of flight are great at different things, and leave them be. No switch, no PF.

5 Likes

This guy just throws bait all over the forums. He’s better to not invest your time responding to.

2 Likes

That is like a lifetime! Oh the humanity! life is over as we know it! :roll_eyes:

Rudeness and lack of logic together gets a block from me. Good bye.

Ugh and a private profile so I have to copy and paste. Such sillyness

1 Like

Why do people say stuff like this. Like what’s the point? Are you defending a delay that will come up over and over again? Do you think it is a good design decision? I mean really what’s the point of this type of comment except to troll?

1 Like

Another issue that adds to that 13 seconds is when you summon your mount, only to realize that you were in the wrong flight style than you intended. Forcing you to land, swap flight style, and then resummon your mount.

Having access to both by just swapping mounts felt more dynamic and involved than either one on their own. The switch is just clunkiness for clunkiness’ sake. Pathfinder being similar as a time gate when we already have flying available at the stat of TWW, and should not exist.

Theres been loads of good suggestions, outside of just shortening the cast time. (Which, imo is the weakest of the alternatives.)
Instant swapping.
Swapping while flying using aerial halt.
Instant but dismounts, allowing for the same time to swap.
Set individual mounts to what style you choose.
Set individual mounts to a style, which those outside of that default to your chosen flight style.
Set individual mounts to a style using mount equipment, the rest default to your chosen flight style.

(I’ll edit the OP with these, and add more if I missed some)

2 Likes

I don’t see how any of it will feels as good as being able to set the mounts to what you want.

Maybe a simplified one where you can have…I don’t know 5 as old style and the rest go auto new? Seems like a ton of ways to make it better.

2 Likes