Flight Form

Where are people saying this? What is a ‘lot’ of people? Is this anecdotal evidence?

I’ve seen that sentiment a lot on the (beta) forums. Or at least that if they can’t have the toggle that it should only static flight.

Consider that hundreds of thousands at the very minimum(they don’t provide numbers, but I assume they’re still above a million) play this game, but nowhere near that even read the forums/reddit, let alone post on them.

What is current topic here isn’t actually a direct representation of overall sentiment about anything.

We can still do that, though. We just have to give up Dragonriding to do it.

I’ll throw my hat into the ‘separate flight form from sky-riding option’ lot. More choice is best choice, assign flight style based on mount/form type and that way everyone can choose which mount/form does what in the air. That way everyone wins.

(Another option is to increase static flight speed to 600% speed to be competitive with sky-riding)*

I got to Do it once (Flightform and Sky Riding) so I’m good…please change it back.

Flight form with steady flight is also still moving at the old movement speed of 410%. Hopefully this is a bug because the steady flight mounts are moving at 520% since the patch

1 Like

Druids haven’t been anywhere near the top mobile class for a long time. Monks, warriors, rogues, and probably shamans are much more mobile than druids. The only advantage druids have in the mobility department is breaking a snare/root.

So many classes now have talents that increase their speed to being about the same as ours.

2 Likes

Gosh, I’m loving Skyriding in Flight Form. I’m a skinner, so it’s not as big a deal. If I need to slow fly to pick things up, I can land and switch or (as every single other class in the game has to) kill the surrounding mobs and then loot.

I noticed it feeling slower yesterday aswell but did not check the speed with the command. Good to know that it wasnt just a feeling… or well… not good that it wasnt

2 Likes

Please give back the superior flying setup we had three days ago. This change makes flying objectively worse. Terrible first impression for the new expansion.

6 Likes

How do you disable skyriding? Is it a toggle in the spellbook or a mount setting?

In the mount list there’s an option in the mount journal, in the center at the top. You can drag it on your action bars.

1 Like

Thanks I will check that out.

Flight form being forced into skyriding or static along with other mounts is one thing, but…

Has anyone noticed flight form is actually significantly slower than normal flying mounts now? Or is it just me…

2 Likes

Yup, its bugged basically in every possible way.

Slower in static flying.

GCD set off shifting into Dynamic riding, so you have to wait for that before take off.

2 Likes

This change is just a hot dumpster fire. I don’t know how else to say it—commenting here for Blizzard to see another unhappy Druid.

I wonder if the Druid Dev team even had a say in this.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, I figured out a neat trick on my monk that allows me to access regular flight while in Skyriding mode :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe if enough of these posts populate the forums the designers and devs will get the hint…

1 Like

I keep thinking about that 5 second cast to swap styles. Why is it 5 seconds? Who are they trying to slow down when changing flight styles? I kinda feel like on every other character I play, that choice is meaningless, I’ll only chose skyriding, so that 5 second cast is irrelevant.

Who is it relevant for? And why do they have to pay a 5 second penalty to swap? Would 4 seconds be too OP? 3? What if it were instant cast?

Feels bad, but I’m pretty sure the whole skill was just some low-priority ticket on the Jira backlog and very little thought was put in to how it’d affect some classes/play-styles. I’m sure the fix is in the same low-priority jira backlog…

2 Likes