Flight Form vs Net-o-Matic [Bug]

This is a bug that has been around since the Net-o-Matic was released and has never been fixed yet. I’m surprised no one has mentioned anything about it.

As it stands, druids cannot be dismounted with the Net-o-Matic in Flight Form if they’re touching the ground. To put it in perspective, if any other player is touching the ground on a flying mount, they can still be dismounted since they’re on a flying mount. Trying to net a druid in flight form touching the ground will give you the, “Invalid Target” error. Even if you so happen to get the cast of Net-o-Matic off while they’re in the air, if they touch the ground while it’s travelling towards them, (since it has travel time) it will not dismount them. This was never a problem in Legion with the Salt-Hardened Shell, since it could be cast on ground and flying mounts.

Please fix it. It’s ridiculous that a druid is the only class that is able to avoid the Net-o-Matic when it was clearly designed to counter flight.

13 Likes

Agreed, please fix this, it’s not quite fair for other classes.

1 Like

Agreed, Please fix this.

2 Likes

I’m awaiting Druid responses…

8 Likes

beta for azeroth

3 Likes

I can only imagine what it would be.

3 Likes

Do many bugs and coding mishaps

You’re all just jealous!

3 Likes

A bit, yes. Still a bug though which is why it needs to be fixed!

2 Likes

But our talons are touching the ground, that makes us ground mounts!

You guys are lucky that works at all on us.

We are in a form, you aren’t dismounting anything.

The form is called Flight Form still for a reason :stuck_out_tongue:

Always worked with the Salt Hardened Shell regardless if they were on the ground or not. The reason this bug surfaced is because Blizzard decided to put Stag Form and Flight Form into one spell, (Travel Form) and it not properly being recognized as a flying mount while in flight form if touching the ground.

4 Likes

And some wild druids appear…

3 Likes

If a Druid is in flight form and sitting on the ground there is a chance that he is AFK, alt+tabbed, or baiting you. Just walk up to him and smack him.

Any good Druid worth their salt is in prowl while AFK or in flight form 10,000 ft in the air but RL will sometimes happen.

Or picking flowers

1 Like

You can pick while in flight (not actually landed)

Or like some druid I know that’s annoying to deal with, they just sit on the ground not to do either of those, but to flaunt, knowing they can’t be dismounted.

In the event that we do happen to stun him or hit him while he’s on the ground, we still can’t dismount him because hes touching the ground, where as if that were any other class on their flying mount on the ground, they could be netted.

1 Like

Honestly, they should just change it to work on ground mounts too. Chasing DKs who refuse to dismount is almost as annoying.

5 Likes

Seconded! All in favor?

5 Likes

Aye. /10char

1 Like