Night Elf Druid Racial Needs a Fix

It’s bugged. A bug is something that is unintended. You’re telling me Blizzard intended for druids to work that way? I’m 100% sure that’s not it.

Yeah, the cast goes off. That’s what you’re even agreeing with here.

So, if you’re allowed to use the net on them, if we can use the net, but it doesn’t do anything, it’s safe to assume that’s a bug. You’re allowed to use the Net-o-Matic on them, but not if they touch the ground? This is where the bug occurs.

You just got done saying right here:

“The spell determines that the druid in midair is the same entity as a flying mount.”

Hm, wonder why that is. Maybe because they can fly. Blizzard obviously intended the Net-o-Matic to work on druids despite if it doesn’t have any “mounted” variables.

I wonder why all of a sudden, even though they’re still in Flight Form, the same bird they’ve been transformed into when they were hovering in air just a second ago, is suddenly immune to Net-o-Matic despite being in the same form.

I don’t think that’s the intended effect. It’s an unintended effect. I believe, whether it has a mounted variables or not, Blizzard wanted the Net-o-Matic to work on the Flight Form of druids because it works on them if they’re in the air.

Same. Log on an alt got it on 2nd try.

Yes that’s exactly what I’m telling you.

This was an intention of design because of the way travel form functions for druids. I am absolutely sure based on the spell data we have from travel form, that travel form isn’t bugged. I’m certain that the argument that you’re making here is that the net-o-matic has a limitation.

You’re allowed to use the net on them, when they are flying in the air in travel form. You are fully allowed to use the net-o-matic on a druid who is in mid-air during flight form. That’s not a bug.

Blizzard intended the net-o-matic to work on “flying mounts”

I believe I explained that one of the limitations of the net-o-matic is that it works only on flying mounts. In addition, the text that the net-o-matic uses specifically states that it dismounts an individual from their “flying” mount. I never disagreed in my previous statement that a druid mid-air is programmatically determined to be a flying mount.

This is because Travel Form is a shapeshifting ability and isn’t the same thing as a player who physically mounts. We already know from the fact that Travel Form possesses no mounted variables that being “mounted” in the form of a shapeshift isn’t the same thing as a player who is physically mounted on something as a gryphon or a wyvern for example.

This inherently is not a bug of shapeshifting. This is intended as shapeshifting isn’t the same as a player reguarly mounting.

I disagree. This is an intended effect.

The problem here is that mounted variables are significant when talking about the net-o-matic. The net-o-matic is unique in the sense that it targets flying objects instead of things like the shell or the boot which dismount players irrespective of whether the entity is mid-air, or touching the ground.

It is intended that Blizzard wanted the net-o-matic to work on mounted entities that can fly.

I don’t believe it was intended. Blizzard does alot of things with a reason.

There’s absolutely no reason why Flight Form would work differently on the ground vs the air. Want to know why? Because there’s no scenario in which Flight Form is ever a ground mount.

In every scenario that Travel Form has to convert the druid into a “ground” mount, it will always default to Cheetah/Stag. Never will you see a scenario where Flight Form is seen only as a ground mount.

The way travel form works for druids currently is by being “dynamic.” If the druid enters water, they are automatically put into Aquatic Form, and if they jump out of the water, back into Flight Form.

I believe at some point, Blizzard intended druids to turn to Cheetah/Stag Form whenever they touched the ground, and for them to go into Flight Form whenever they jumped similar to water. It was never implemented obviously, and so whenever a druid touches the ground, it’ll read them as a “ground” mount.

And the druid being in Flight Form is considered a “flying” mount because it can be cast on them in the first place. They’re still a “flying” mount, or should be, when they’re touching the ground because they have the capability to fly. But the reasons I explained above is why it isn’t.

If Blizzard isn’t changing the way Net-o-Matic works, (working in both ground/flying) they have to fix Druid Flight Form. You’re not a developer. I don’t even see this “mounted” variable you’re talking about. Quit acting as if you know what Blizzard does in their code and acting as if they don’t make mistakes. They’re called bugs for a reason, it’s unintended.

You probably didn’t know this next bit, but Net-o-Matic also doesn’t work on players who enter the water. Weird how that works right? Even though I’m on a flying mount, if I dip into the water, it won’t affect me. Even though the mount I’m has a “flying” mount variable.

Except if a person if shapeshifted. That’s the key difference between a druid and a mounted player. Neither you or I absolutely know for certain whether or not Travel Form was or wasn’t intended to be a ground mount or not, but based on the game data we have, you’re just wrong, my dude.

Do you understand that this is because they’re in combat? Travel form can’t activate to Flight Form while in combat or in a place where flying is restricted so it defaults to 100% ground mounted speed. Flight Form isn’t a ground mount, it’s technically flying, but a druid can be on the ground and be determined to not be mid-air by the net-o-matic, because the net-o-matic will shoot people off their flying mount.

It’s just the way Travel Form inherently is. Being mounted on a Wyvern is different than a druid shapeshift it can’t be more obvious.

That’s funny, dawg.

Because I don’t recall you being a dev either. Despite this, you think that something that’s working perfectly fine is a bug in the game. How’re you, a dude who has no pull or even any idea how the programming at Blizz works, are able to determine that druids touching the ground whilst in the Flight Form of Travel Form are bugged. The variable or flag I’m talking about are in the wowhead links, you need to look at the spell attributes.

Did you even post this on the bug report forum, by the way? Instead of complaining that you can’t slow druids, just post it there and see what response you get. Based on two posts you’ve already made, it looks like nothing you’ve actually thought is a bug is even a bug.

Customer support also can probably give you an answer ig: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/customer-support/

Considering, though, we’ve literally had almost a whole expansion of this with no change to druids or the net, Or no one at Blizzard even addressing this,it’s quite clear that what you’re saying isn’t a bug.

No. I’m also aware of that, trust me.

But that seems like a bug to me, given the fact that there’s just literally no information at all on how swimming, flying, or walking on land is determined at all, we wouldn’t know how the net-o-matic is actually figuring out what is or isn’t a flying target. The rules aren’t arbitrary.

I concede that might be a problem, but that’s a stark contrast from you trying to cobble together an argument on why the inherent design of travel form might be flawed because the net-o-matic cannot catch druids on the ground.

What? How does this make any sense. I just told you there’s no scenario where Flight Form will ever be considered a “ground mount” which is true. There’s no instance in the game where it defaults Flight Form to be a ground mount.

And no, it isn’t because they’re in combat. You can test this even when not in combat, and it’ll still do the same thing. Plus that doesn’t solve anything, even in combat they don’t get converted to a “ground” mount.

You’re right in the regard that Travel Form can’t activate to Flight Form while in combat/restricted, but it won’t deactivate either. If someone tried to use Travel Form in those conditions though, they’d be defaulted to Cheetah/Stag form.

I did look at the spell attributes. But that doesn’t mean anything. There’s many items and spells in the game that allow you to fly but doesn’t give you the Mounted aura, and yet the Net-o-Matic can still be cast on those people with these auras on them despite that.

Take a look at:
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=297890/swim-jet
and
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=302677/anti-gravity-pack

Swim Jet is a quest item from Nazjatar for Horde. For instance, I often use this item in the Coral Forest of Nazjatar to fly out of harm’s way from Alliance when I’m bountied, but even I can still be netted with this on me even though it doesn’t have a mounted flag.

Or what about the Anti Gravity Pack from Mechagon? This isn’t considered a mount either if you look in the spell attributes, yet people can be dismounted just fine with it on. Which leads me to believe, it doesn’t matter if you have a mounted flag or not, it’s whether you have the ability to fly or not. You have the ability to fly if you’re in Flight Form, when touching the ground and when off the ground.

Yes, I have. Look at the included links, one of those leads to the bug report thread.

But as others could probably tell you, Blizzard doesn’t pay attention to bug report forums. I mean, take a look at some of the bugs on the bug report. Some date back to Legion and have yet to be fixed.

Take a look at not just that post, but the “Slew of Problems” thread too. See how many people seem to agree that it is a bug. The only ones not in agreement that it’s a bug, funnily enough, are people who main druids. Surely it has nothing to do with the fact that these are the same people using said bug to claim it’s not a bug, because they want to be net free.

I bet if the nights elves has a different racial they would still have a tree. How many of those stretched out humans clicked that racial instead of fighting the horde am i right?

How do you know this to be true? Both of us and even you agree that the exact implementation of Travel Form. The issue here is that the net-o-matic appears to determine that a druid on the ground in Travel Form is a ground mount because of the way that Travel Form tries to dynamically change how a druid is. Though if they’re defaulted to Stag Form the net shouldn’t be working at all. That’s absolutely for certain a bug in the sense that the net shouldn’t be targeting a non-flying target, in the same respect that a druid on the ground in flight form is.

There are multiple items that the net-o-matic appears to target and what it decides to not target, and like I was explaining before. It appears to just be a limitation of the item itself. It’s pretty clear that the devs wanted it to dismount flying targets based on the behavior that it says on the tooltip.

I can see why the net-o-matic determines a person with the pack on, it’s obviously a flying person. but I’ve noticed that if the person touches the ground with the pack, interestingly enough, you can’t dismount them. This appears to emulate the same behavior as a shapeshifted druid. Touching the ground with something that allows you to fly doesn’t seem to dismount you, which makes sense.

It’s a limitation of the net-o-matic itself.

And honestly that’s extremely unfortunate, I agree with you, Blizzard should be more proactive with determining what’s a bug or not. Instead we’re essentially in the dark in what really are intentional game mechanics or not. There are some obvious ones like disconnects but this one is a grey area.

Well yeah, I could see why druids are harping on the idea of not being able to be netted, but I don’t see any evidence from them to support their claims other than the fact that it’s a “feature” which might be true but there’s nothing substantial to this.

I’m not on their side, I’m trying to argue that perhaps it was an intention of design or a limitation of the net, additionally, I’ve agreed that the net just requires a blanket change to encompass mounted targets.

Because if a druid can’t fly in an area or if they’re in combat, Travel Form will just turn them into a Cheetah or Stag. Take a look at battlegrounds. You’ll never see a druid in Flight Form as a ground mount. Travel Form will default them too a Cheetah or a Stag.

I agree with this. If they were defaulted to Cheetah or Stag form when touching the ground, yes, the net shouldn’t work at all. But they aren’t defaulted to that. They’re still in Flight Form.

This is because when someone touches the ground with the anti gravity pack on, the flying buff they had that allowed them to fly is removed. When you touch the ground with the anti gravity pack, you’re just walking now. In order to activate the pack, you need to press spacebar twice and you cannot be in combat. When someone nets you, you’re put into combat. There’s no point touching the ground if someone’s netting you with the anti gravity pack on, you’ll be dismounted when you touch the ground or you’ll be dismounted by the net if you stay in the air.

The swim jet, surprisingly, is different. It doesn’t last long but the cooldown is only 10 seconds. If you’re on the ground with the swim jet buff on, you can be dismounted. Even though you’re touching the ground, the buff allows you to jump to get back to flying, just like regular flying mounts allow you to.

If the case is that Net-o-Matic has some functional limitation, then fine, fix Net-o-Matic. Either way, I just want Druids to be susceptible to Net-o-Matic like the rest of us.

Travel Form is governed by Flyable/Non-Flyable and Inside/Outside Zone restrictions.

You wont’ see a Druid in Flight Form running along the ground in a Battle Ground because that is a Non-Flyable Zone. You can see a Druid running across the ground in Flight Form in Uldum, Drustvar, etc because those are Flyable Zones.

Druids aren’t susceptible to Net-o-Matic like everyone is because that is unique part to them, the same as a Tank Spec cannot be daze dismounted by a mob or a Rogue can shadowstep bi-levels and a feral druid cannot wild charge to the same location or a Warrior can’t heroic leap to the same location. Things sometimes are just different.

You didn’t understand what I meant. Yes, technically, Druids can if they want to, run across the ground in Flight Form.

That’s by choice. I’m saying, you’ll never see a Druid in Flight Form that doesn’t have the ability to fly. They are still considered a “flying mount” because at any point they can jump and fly.

Druids can still be targeted with the Net-o-Matic but if they touch the ground at any point, it doesn’t work. That’s what I believe is a bug, and I’ve explained why I think it to be one.

If it wasn’t supposed to work on them in the first place, Blizzard would’ve just flat out said, “No, druids can’t be netted.” and it wouldn’t work on them. You guys are already unique, you have the ability to instantly mount, so there’s no way you can get camped. You can interact with things in Flight Form and can’t be dazed out of it.

But they really don’t have a choice in regards to running along the ground. They can’t leave the “Flight Form” of Travel Form in a Flyable Zone. They can’t got “Stag Form” unless they are in combat. It is not considered a Mount. It is considered a Form.

Regardless, the Net-o-Matic works on them when they’re in the air in Flight Form.

1 Like

Working as intended.

2 Likes

Glave throw?, I mean there are a couple of things you can do much much faster than spectral sight or glave dude. Specially as a Demon Hunter because they:
A: Are granted invisibility while STANDING STILL. This means that you know where they are. In order to Fel Rush or Blade Dance in the spot.
B: Are not immune to the Net - o - Matic while in flight form. From the starting point to salvation, they can´t reach the critical altitude or distance to get away from a Net- o - Matic from shadowmeld that quickly.

1 Like

Yes they are lol

demon hunter

Keep the racial the same and make all flying mounts insta-cast.

The issue here is 1 race 1 class. They can keep it just give me insta cast flight. Lol

Which darkmoon toy do you mean by the way? I have lightfoots/Falling Flame/LAP on my characters, would like to have that too.

It is actually a reward item and not found in your toy box tab. I believe it was nerfed sometime ago that it is now a channeled cast that can be interrupted.

Darkmoon Cannon