Flagging is NOT a downvote button!

Fair enough, i couldn’t find that thread in question.

Fair enough.

I always thought that if you get your thread deleted or something, you would lose that trust level? :thinking:

How did you manage to equate ideas to get the report system fixed with someone trying to be a moderator? No one here has acted like a moderator. What? LOL

Depends on if they silence you. I’ve had threads deleted before. Sometimes it’s to avoid controversial debates. They aren’t against the CoC, but they can create a toxic environment, so the mods decide it’s better to delete it now than lock it later.

In my infraction I mentioned above, I lost TL3 for like 3-4 months.

Nope. It’s based off the offense. And seeing as how I wasn’t sanctioned, it was probably just deleted for dear of devolving. Nothing about that thread was against the rules. In fact, it was probably one of the most on topic ones here. lol

Anyone who uses the flag system to “downvote” knows what they are doing lol. If there are no consequences for it (which seems to be the case) it will keep happening. I’ve seen so many posts blocked because of flagging and then unblocked it is rediculous (mine included).

1 Like

I had one thread flagged 3 times.

I’m surprised the mods don’t have a button that they can press to prevent flagging on a post actually hiding it.

Or make it so unflagging a post makes it immune to flagging. I feel bad for mods that have to do the same thread multiple times.

I’ve heard tell that some posts people tried to flag couldn’t be flagged because a mod restored it. Maybe there’s a cooldown?

Its implied because the topic is about how the forum is run.

Heres a newsflash. The current system works just fine. If a post is flagged by enough people it is only partially hidden (everyone can still read the original post with one click) until a moderator looks the post over.

At that point the moderator decides if it is to be removed or have the partially hidden status removed.

No one, at any point is having their voice removed until a moderator makes a decision to do so.

So there is nothing wrong with the current system.

1 Like

I’m going to be honest - I don’t know if bots moderate the forums or what but I’ve had posts flagged that weren’t offensive, trolly or anything in anyway and received 24 ban for them.

I think the report button needs to be taken away from the playerbase and blizzard actually just uses some of their multi-billion dollars to have moderators

It’s not.

It doesn’t. And there are countless examples as to why it doesn’t.

No one should have their post hidden because someone is using the report function as a downvote, wasting moderator time and derailing threads to talk about why it was flagged.

1 Like

I agree people who false report should be banned

Oh for crying out loud. If someone wants to read your post they click the button below it. It is not out of reach or unable to be read by anyone that wants to read it for themselves with next to zero extra effort on the readers part.

And nothing wastes the moderators time. They are literally paid to do nothing BUT moderate the forum. Its their job…

1 Like

I think the whole flagging and up/down system is silly. But having said that, just why does it bother people if they are flagged? If it violates the forum rules it will deleted, if not it will still be there. Flagging doesn’t keep me from looking what was flagged, in fact it has the opposite affect on me. I want to see what is hidden. Again I just don’t understand why people get so bent about it.

Now I think if Blizzard is going to have forums, they should mod them. I can’t imagine it wold cost that much. But I doubt that will happen.

1 Like

Nothing wastes the janitor’s time, go ahead and just make a mess. It’s their job.

3 Likes

Do you think the janitor cares? They get paid the same either way.

I would care if I was the janitor.

2 Likes

They don’t actually care about the janitor, but it was necessary to provide a false equivalence.

People typically don’t like it when other people go out their way to make their jobs more difficult.

2 Likes

Really, not sure why this is so hard understand lol.

1 Like

i think one of the posts which brought this thread about, was a post where someone asked a benign question… and one of the first responses was “why can’t i flag this!”
…there was nothing to flag.
nothing at all.
no naughty words, no threats, no trolling, no… nothing.
just someone using the forum as intended.

yet someone, for some unknown reason, decided that it needed to be flagged.

the rest of the thread was people asking “why is this dude trying to flag this?”

2 Likes