Flagging abuse

How do you report it?

In game? I thought you could do it by right clicking on the guy’s portrait.

1 Like

There is basically nothing you can do to prevent or punish false flags. Blizzard may do so at their discretion, though.

4 Likes

On the forums I mean, how do they know it’s a false flag if you can’t appeal/report flag abuse?

Oh. I suppose you could appeal a time out if it happens. Beyond that I don’t think there is a way.

1 Like

There is no 'Flagging Abuse", players can flag things.

If I recall, they do something if a player is just flagging everything for no reason. But you can’t do anything. For one thing, I don’t even think you know for sure who is doing the flagging. You can’t contact Blizzard about “X” post/thread, telling them that someone is “flag abusing”; That service is not offered.

Blizzard will react to the flagging, if it is a bad thing. As in you might be suspended.

A green, in another thread, mentions this and the code of conduct (but nothing about YOU reporting it:)

That was this thread:

In my own experience, I ask myself “Could what I posted offend the most thin skinned person, then have a thin skinned person/PC person at Blizzard agree with the flag?” If the answer is, “Yes”, then I self censor. Every time I’ve received a suspension, I could see their point; Even though I usually mind my manners pretty well, I could understand.

1 Like

Up to them to fix it. Since they haven’t fix MANY of the issues on this forum we can tell they don’t care.

1 Like

That’s a shame. I had a post deleted for trolling but it absolutely wasn’t trolling, so I wanted to report the flagger.

No worries I uad a post get deleted for trolling. All I said was.

This whole leaves a tray of cookies thing is annoying and obnoxious

I genuinely wasn’t trolling though. They made a factually untrue statement so I did a test in game across three hours which proved them wrong. All I did was post the results and boom, trolling.

Hopefully you learned a lesson today, you don’t upset masses of players since they are able to police the game and forum.

Odd, that’s not what the blues have stated. They have clearly said they are going to start punishing players who abuse the flagging system. I don’t believe they have started punishing those players else we’d see tons of crying threads from those posters claiming they were just trying to help clean up the forum.

In the end, there is “flagging abuse”, as stated by Blizzard employees.

1 Like

Don’t slander our favorite cookie laden gnome please.

6 Likes

Best part is when you contest it and it’s upheld, despite not breaking ToS at all.

I wasn’t silences or anything, only the post was deleted, I cannot see an option anywhere to appeal and to report the suspected abuser.

They’d sooner just add a “vote to permaban” option than actually fix the issues with the flagging system.

That’s because the automated system doesn’t decipher whether or not anything actually breaks the forum CoC.

I’d take it if it means getting rid of a certain shaman or rogue.

1 Like

I’m against censorship in general, I’d prefer it if I could be very open about what I -actually- think about some of the garbage you read on these forums.

But, I think I know who you’re talking about and wouldn’t miss’em.

1 Like

I highly doubt that.

2 Likes