Fixing Human kingdoms

Talk to Calia Menethil. I’m sure she can work something out with the rest of the Desolate Council so that any living citizens of Lordaeron can re-establish themselves in towns or even parts of the city when it becomes open. If all they really want to do is come home, they shouldn’t have a problem living in lands controlled by Horde.

If what they’re really after is to put the Alliance banners up on the Lordaeron walls again, they can flake right off.

Or, kind of like how you suggested the Forsaken migrate up to Northrend, they can instead stay down in Stormwind and remain hale and healthy and safe and…maybe not as happy as they’d like but at least they’re hale and healthy.

Of course they do, because humans in World of Warcraft only ever think about the Alliance. Never ever “Make My Kingdom Great Again”. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Honestly, Calia should have remain neutral and continued to do what was best for her people, BOTH living and undead. Hell, she should have declared Lordaeron neutral.

Genn did at one point. He learned his lesson.

They lost Sylvanas and Nathanos. And the replacement is the former princess of Lordaeron who considers all her friends being part of the alliance. No other race has been treated like this ever. They have no identity left even if we get Undercity back. I have said this before. Leaders are more important than land.

The frostborn have one settlement in Stormpeak. The Taunka are spread all over Northrend. We wouldnt get a continent because the scourge is too strong to be taken down by a single race. Also there is not a single Lich King aligned leader left who is charismatic enough to hold reign on the remaining undead. I say let the forsaken stay as they are. Blizzard made it clear they won’t leave Lordaeron anytime soon.

Calia… doesn’t get to do that. She doesn’t lead the Forsaken and there never was any reason for her to be entrusted with leading the Forsaken. Realistically, she shouldn’t even have gotten a seat on the Desolate Council, but here we are.

4 Likes

He learned that There can be no kingdom other than Stormwind :dracthyr_crylaugh:

7 Likes

It wasn’t up to solely her. She’s just one person on a council made up of other undead persons. She can vote to make Lordaeron Alliance or neutral if she wants, but she’s going to get outvoted every time.

Lordaeron remains part of the Horde. The Forsaken get to stay home.

He’s the Wrynn Family Goodboi now. :dog:

5 Likes

If you really wanted to spice things up, have Alterac be a kingdom aligned with the Horde. I know there is disagreement about what it would mean for how Blizzard treats the Horde (I think it would help move the Horde away from “only mattering when we need a foe for the Alliance”), but it would be interesting.

4 Likes

An attempt to create a mixed living-undead kingdom certainly would give opportunity for “developments”. Realistically, it would be a “fraught with trouble”, and I think you would need to keep most of Lorderon as straight-Horde aligned undead for the Forsaken (who are a PC race).

If this was true then leaving Lordeaeron and getting Northrend in exchange would be at worse a neutral change.

These guys should just move to EK. Hell, in this theoretical exchange they can get Alterac. The Frostwolves can get whatever frozen part of Northrend they want.

She can if she wants to. She is still the rightful heir of Lordeaeron and we know there are Forsaken who would follow her merely due to her name. And if she did declare neutrality and got the support of the Living Lordearon citizens she would probably have a strong case to impose her will.

Why should the Frostwolves be punished when in any faction war they never took the side of the main Horde?

If there’s anyone in the Forsaken who gives a crap about the Menethil family’s royal claims anymore, they’re in a pretty extreme minority. Calia knew this when she went to offer assistance to the Forsaken at the end of Shadowlands. She’s not there to try to convert them to the Alliance because she knew that would be a doomed effort. She’s doing the best she can do by talking the Council into not interfering with the Gilneans returning home or possibly allowing the living citizens to return home in some fashion.

But Calia knows that trying to toss that Menethil name around to gain some favor would almost certainly end badly for her. Fortunately, she’s not that dumb.

2 Likes

We had Baine considering his own people valid targets to be killed. I don’t put it beyond Blizzard now to do the same with Calia when Stormwind makes a push into Silverpine and Hillsbrad.

She is the rightful heir of a dead kingdom and her name doesn’t entitle her to any sort of ruling position in the Forsaken society. Again, the Forsaken =/= Lordaeron. Hell, I’m not even certain the former Lordaeronians still account for a clear majority of the Forsaken by now (and yet clearly these undead Lordaeronians are still a much more sizeable population than the living survivors of Lordaeron). As Dakore told you, the Forsaken for whom the Menethil name gives her a valid claim over their nation are probably a pretty extreme minority.

Calia legit has the exact same amount of power as the nutcase who crafts plague bois for a living LMAO

1 Like

Could the living even live and settle an area with that many undead things?

The smell alone…

1 Like

My thoughts & prayers are with the citizens of Orgrimmar who had to endure the smell of an entire nation of rotting corpses (including ABOMINATIONS) wandering in the streets under the scorching sun of Durotar for about 2 freaking years

4 Likes

Probably not. A bunch of pumpkin farmers tried it once, it didn’t end well for them. The forsaken used to be pretty paranoid about any living mortals settling so close by and were usually quick to eliminate them before they became a potential future problem

The Eastern Plaguelands were in just as bad if not worse state and look at it now. It can be healed.

Actually none of us would truly know. She didnt try because she knew it would fail(she didnt know if it would fail or not). She just didnt want to/thought there was a different way. Sylvanas did kill her because she was afraid she could suceeded.

Hell, if she promised she could reunite the living and the undead of Lordearon(and various other undead who most of which came from Alliance nations) I can see her easily getting support.

I did like the idea of someone idealist trying a land with mixed living and undead inhabitants. But making Lordaeron that land doesn’t work.

I think Lordaeron is as part of the Forsaken identity as Stormwind or Teldrasil. Taking the undead away from their homes and the land upon which they lived, and died, so that a small remnant of the other inhabitants can have it (and shipping them off to some wilderness because nobody cares ab out it) is not something I think is neutral. And I don’t see them ever agreeing to it.

2 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of the Calia Menethil as a Lightforged Undead thing. Everything they’ve done with her after she was introduced in Legion has been very “meh” to me. The Lightforged Undead stuff is its own issue, but i don’t think her with that theme fits the Forsaken whatsoever. I also think that it’s absurd that she seemingly cares more for the Forsaken than the Human Survivors. Even though she was victimized by the Forsaken. The human survivors didn’t do anything to her yet she has no care or concern for them.

I wish they would have simply kept her a human. Even if she didn’t want to be the new Queen of an Alliance Lordaeron, i think she could have made for a good character. Perhaps even becoming the new head of the Church of the Light. Keeping the Menethil name around and relevant even if it wasn’t leading a nation.

3 Likes

Imo the Arathi need to borrow more from Scotland.