Fixing Human kingdoms

They are not “kids” they are as young as say Vanessa was in Cata, and I don’t think people have ever had any compunction about fighting her. Ultimately, they decided to fight, its not exactly pleasant to kill anyone, let alone young people, but if they raise arms and attack, you do have the right to defend yourself.

They have not own that land for what I can guess has been at least a 1000 or so years And pretty sure the dwarves titan ancestors had own/controlled that land long ago before the trolls ever rose up.

No, it’s explicitly stated the Frostmane were there first and the dwarves conquered it from them.

The frigid lands of Dun Morogh where once ruled by the Frostmanes before the dwarves conquered it from them.[3]

2 Likes

You know that is from a WoW vanilla link? Which means the Chronicles books supersede/retcon it. The Titanforged were in areas controlled by the old gods/took it from the old gods long before the trolls were ever an empire.

You do realize that the Chronicle books are from a Certain Perspective right? That means those books are nothing more than titan propaganda essentially

While they are certainly titan biased, that doesn’t mean a good chunk of their lore is not accurate. Importantly, that the Titanforged did war with the Old Gods throughout Azeroth and that the Old Gods controlled nearly the entire thing at one point.(which means the Titanforged did effectively fight them thoughout most, if not the entire surface of Azeroth)

And that this particular war happened long before the troll tribes had risen up.

I know. I’m just stating the books are no longer Hard cannon, they’re just from a very biased perspective on things. So of course the lore in the books is going to reflect that is all I’m getting at

1 Like

Canon, one N. You are not shooting people with it.

And yes I know the biased nature of the book. Having said that, the particulars of my argument are likely not part of the biased/a lie.

The Titanforged fought the old gods, took their land and had existed in/had been there long before the trolls ever rose up. So saying the trolls have some natural right to them, is at best misleading.

The titanforged stayed in Ulduar and other titan facilities. The humans and dwarfs are to the trolls what europeans were to the native americans. They deserve nothing but ashes and dirt. They must be driven out and go back to where they came from. Trolls came first. It is their land. And justice would demand that they can rise again before the current alliance races took everything from them.

At least you are trying to move the goal post. That is something.

The humans in particular were the ones being attacked by the trolls first. And considering Tirisfal belong to the Vrykuls, I would say the trolls were the one starting crud and it backfired spectacularly on them.

they weren’t. They came as invaders. And if Blizzard ever stops being alliance biased we might see the day when what happened to the Kaldeorei Empire finally also falls on Ironforge and Stormwind. The doom of the main alliance races finally getting a taste of what the Horde races went through.

Good luck with that Erevien.

Plot armor and Golden can’t protect you forever.

4 Likes

Ooh, Erevien and Zerde are fighting! Place your bets!

1 Like

it’ll just end up like the South Park episode where Cartman fought Honey Boo-Boo, rolling around in a pile of 'seghtti, slapping each other and making angry pig noises.

6 Likes

I am one of the few people who is looking for some sort of lore behind what makes a king a king.

The Alliance had an Altar of Kings. Blizzard had something in mind with their High King concept, but they couldn’t see fit to go anywhere with it.

And just when you think the whole king concept has been overblown, and really no more than a chieftain or leader of acclaim… we have that Bastion cinematic:

“a king”

It almost seems like being a king is important for some reason on a cosmic scale… but they don’t really go anywhere with it. It makes him important enough to get an audience with the Archon… so being a king means something.

5 Likes

I mean they kind of do atleast with Themes and Civilization wise because only unqiue human kingdoms that is different apart from Stormwind, Alterac, Lordaeron, and Stromgarde is Dalaran, Kul’tiras, and Gilneas.

Atleast fix Lordaeron to be like Holy Roman Empire, Stromgarde being Half Roman, Half Nord, and Half Celtic, and Alterac being Swiss/Swedish/Dutch or whatever kind of theme for it Germany of the Holy Roman Empire or something people within the Forums would like to give themes to Alterac Kingdom.

2 Likes

I really dislike how hollow the family trees are for the Royal Families. Given many of these kingdoms would be 1,000-2,000 years old or more, we should have a more detailed ancestry of the the notable families. Especially that of the Menethils, Wrynns, Proudmoores, Trollbanes, Perenoldes and Greymanes.

For most of them it only goes back 1 or 2 generations which is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Anything to do with the human trappers in Northrend?

This is something i wish would get touched on too. It’s been hinted that there were entire cities in Northrend before the Scourge came. At least in the Old Hillsbrad dungeon that was mentioned. But also the Alliance’s questing in Dragonblight there’s a giant catacomb that they accidently built Wintergarde and their other farmsteads atop. I would imagine this is from the old Lordaeornian Colony there.

For such a presumably large colony, we know little to nothing about them.

1 Like

We have enough human focus already. It needs to stop. Let other races shine. Zandalar was a good start. Now do normal trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, blood elves and dwarfs.