Fix your Stuff!

FIne don’t blame blizzard. Maybe they found a critical part of a service provider that hosts a lot of blizz traffic instead. I’m sure we’ll find out if it’s not their fault, and we’ll never know if it is.

Solutions exist to prevent and mitigate attacks, but they are expensive. It’s more cost effective to just let the servers go down once in a while.

Remember, this is the same company that was sending direct links to Wowhead while they were hosting malicious malware as a band-aid fix instead of hiring more GMs. Did your account get hacked 2015-2016? Instead of addressing the issue they deleted all threads from official forums and Reddit.

Remember, sometimes it’s cheaper to let problems happen than to prevent them.

I’ve never had an issue with WoWhead. That said, if your account got hacked in 2015-2016, why didn’t you have the authenticator or sms protect in use? It’s ridiculously easy to protect your account.

1 Like

AHHHHHHHHHHH I need my WoW fix!!!

1 Like

Your subscription only gives you access to Blizzard’s servers.

Today, some buffoon is DDOSing (look up what that is if unsure) Blizzard’s servers, thus denying everyone access.

1 Like

You should have spent some money on your GED.

1 Like

didn’t know it was a DD attach at the time I posted this - was chalking it up at the time to just one more thing broken to get folks over to classic

What cracks me up is he’s literally DDoSing everything. He DDoSed Wikipedia, of all things, before WoW and OW.

1 Like

If people need a subscription to be able to play classic, then Blizzard gains nothing by shutting down their servers in the first place because money is unaffected. They gain nothing by trying to sheep people over to classic.

Also, the classic realms went down first. Next time, a little bit of research friend.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the turds to make posts claiming they want free game time due to this down time.

1 Like

I mean, I’m not gonna say it’s directly their fault 'cause I have NO idea what’s causing it, but how do you know it’s not their fault?

Tell us, sensei

1 Like

Because there’s a CS forum saying they’re under attack by a virtual terrorist and said virtual terrorist has also taken credit on Twitter and openly admitted to attacking the streamers.

Has nothing to do with Blizzard.

In the meantime, I have a scarf to crochet for my trip to the Atlantic northeast. It’s gonna be way too cold for my Hawaii blood.

What are your other hobbies, GD?

2 Likes

LMAO “virtual terrorists”

this proves the theory that people will rag on something just to rag on something. blizz had no part in this and yet some people think that they deliberately slowed their servers to a crawl when there is a lot of traffic just for giggles.

1 Like

My, what a trip! I don’t know if its too early yet, but maybe you’ll be able to see some of the leaves start to change for fall. I hear people take special trips there to admire them, and there are a few yellow leaves in my walnut tree already all the way in Cali.

I’m just enjoying a nice cup of hot tea while watching the forums catch fire.

I got a little Violin to practice on a few months ago (electric so it wouldn’t be too loud for the rest of the house). Maybe if the realms aren’t back up soon, I’ll crack it out. My benchmark for success was learning to play something seasonal on it when the holidays roll around.

Its a really special feeling when you drag the bow across the strings and hear the sound come out. I had no idea before I started this, but did you know you need to rub something called Rosin on a bow before it will make sound? its this golden amber colored resin that turns into white powder on the strings.

2 Likes

Their words, not mine, as seen in the link. And to be fair? They’re right. This kind of thing is bad juju.

Military grade would mean the lowest bidder, low quality equipment. the term “Military Grade” is an insult to quality equipment.

2 Likes

Here is what you can do.

Send a message to Blizz about how you just started playing the game, (They will know if you have or not) and ask that you would like to have your play time extended because of the troubles you are having.

They will most likely give you an extension.

Just be respectfull, explain what happened, and they will work with you.

Trip isn’t for another month so hopefully it’ll all be an autumn color show. It’s like cherry blossom time in Japan - a fleeting couple of weeks that everybody goes to look at areas with a lot of trees. And sit under them drinking sake.

Mostly excited about lobster rolls and clam chowder and bagels in NYC. Mmm lox. Don’t care about museums, gimme local foodz.

1 Like